Did anyone else feel a bit sad with the Wii transfer.

#1nilesthebravePosted 12/3/2012 1:47:25 AM
Watching all the Pikmin carry your games off to a new system leaving your old one a barren husk. Then seeing all the games being transferred up top and realizing how many great games you had played on that system and reminiscing where you were and what you were doing with your life when you were playing that game?

I did. It kicked me right in the feelings region
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#2Banjo2553Posted 12/3/2012 1:50:15 AM
I didn't quite get in-depth with all the reminiscing, but I did feel kinda sad that my Wii was becoming an empty husk at that time.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#3MechaKoopa5000Posted 12/3/2012 1:54:50 AM
Wouldn't say sad, but yeah, reminiscing about the good games and what was going on in my life when each one passed by.
#4KisaiPosted 12/3/2012 1:55:22 AM
I already knew I'd be sad if I did the transfer, and I don't want to say goodbye to the Wii just yet. I'm gonna keep it out and keep using it for Wii games. I love it too much.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#5sting__artPosted 12/3/2012 2:06:06 AM
I really can't stand the idea of leaving my Wii behind with all its great memory's.

While i don't usually hack, this was a justified case, IMHO haha. I did a NAND backup beforehand, and i restored my entire Wii while the Pikmin on the Wii U where still busy with my saves hahaha.

From figuring out how to do the backup to restoring it, took me no more than 1 hour. An hour well spent if i may say so myself.
#6banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 2:12:39 AM
I sort of felt it, but about a half hour later when I was actually using the Wii mode for various things I quickly remembered how much I hated the Wii.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#7selfdeztructionPosted 12/3/2012 3:52:04 AM
I had the same feelings,especially when I watched the save for the very first wii game I played in '06 (Z:TP) when I got the wii for my 23rd Birthday.

I thought about how comfortable the controller and nunchuk felt,how amazed I was while I played TP the morning of my birthday and how excited I was about having a wii party later that day.

Good times,better ones ahead.

Keeping the wii for livingroom use,wiiu is in its rightful place,,,,in my bedroom with my 59" 3D plasma and 7.3 surround sound.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (Revolution) - 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC (HaVoK) 3780-9281-5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#8nilesthebrave(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:20:48 PM
My Wii has been retired to me "classic" gaming room to spend the rest of its days in the company of the likes of Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Dreamcast, and every other system that's been released stateside.

He may have become a glorified Gamecube, but he deserves retirement as much as the rest of the clan in my opinion.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#9mjc0961Posted 12/3/2012 6:28:17 PM
Nope, I started the transfer and then went to do something else. Wasn't going to just sit there and watch the transfer no matter how fancy the animation is.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#10Dark_Link604Posted 12/3/2012 6:29:49 PM
Not really. I saved the files beforehand and put them back in right after.