Virtual Console

#1StephiniPosted 12/3/2012 3:44:21 AM
Has there been any news on when we will get Wii U virtual console titles?
#2STN79Posted 12/3/2012 3:59:03 AM
Nope. It's not looking good so far. Consider the rate at which PSN is getting PS2 classics.
There's what 20 games so far? If the Wii U even gets Gamecube games it'll be a very slow drip of releases every few months. I'd only buy third party games anyway since I already own the main Nintendo games.
#3Stephini(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 4:01:32 AM
I honestly care very little for the GCN ones, I want to be able to play SNES and others on my Gamepad and Controller Pro instead of needing to pull out my Wii Remote and Classic Controller Basic every time.
#4STN79Posted 12/3/2012 4:08:17 AM
I kinda doubt the VC games or original Wii will ever be playable on the gamepad. At least you can still buy the old Snes, Genesis and other retro games on Wii U by switching over to Wii mode. I'm just wondering if more classic games will continue to be added.
#5Stephini(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 4:12:02 AM
I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't add a Wii U virtual console for pre GCN games. It would be harder to pirate(as wii u mode hasn't been hacked) so would encourage legitimate buying again at least for a while.
#6fa113nH3r0Posted 12/3/2012 4:29:05 AM
I think Nintendo will implement the virtual console completely with the eshop ad time goes by. I say this because of the new Wii mini not having online.

They will evolve the eshop into the ultimate style complete with new apps and the backlog of previously released virtual console games...however all wii games like lost winds will only be available via Wii mode.
---
Nintendo Network ID - Jabberwocky
Playstation Network ID - australasia
#7Stephini(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 4:31:04 AM
I agree, it would just be nice to see a nice time frame for releases instead of the painful once a month releases we get for VC on 3DS and Wii.
#8ChikaraXPosted 12/3/2012 5:05:23 AM
I have been wondering..

Nintendo is going to abandon the Points system used on the Wii and DSi.
(A couple of Dutch magazines and sites reported this a couple of months ago.. It's also pretty damn hard to still get those points, not a single shop in my region that sold them before has them now.. And ordering online resulted in a NO STOCK mail AFTER ordering them.)

Having to switch to Wii mode and having to grab Wii classic controllers to play those games because my small black Wii U's controller isn't supported sucks Monkey Ball Z.

Now what IF they are going to support 8/16bit and N64 VC games.. Well.. Chances are that it'll require us having to rebuy those we already have because Nintendo just doesn't understand how to get an actual account system to work.
(Or they'll just say, 'Well, you bought a Mario Bros 3 license to play that game on a Wii system but if you want to play it in the Wii•U environment (with implemented save-state) you'll have to rebuy it for 10 bucks')

That's means that if your one of those guys buying.. uhm.. 300+ VC games.. You probably want to stick to going back 'n forth between Wii•U and Wii mode.
#9Stephini(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:09:54 AM
ChikaraX posted...
I have been wondering..

Nintendo is going to abandon the Points system used on the Wii and DSi.
(A couple of Dutch magazines and sites reported this a couple of months ago.. It's also pretty damn hard to still get those points, not a single shop in my region that sold them before has them now.. And ordering online resulted in a NO STOCK mail AFTER ordering them.)

Having to switch to Wii mode and having to grab Wii classic controllers to play those games because my small black Wii U's controller isn't supported sucks Monkey Ball Z.

Now what IF they are going to support 8/16bit and N64 VC games.. Well.. Chances are that it'll require us having to rebuy those we already have because Nintendo just doesn't understand how to get an actual account system to work.
(Or they'll just say, 'Well, you bought a Mario Bros 3 license to play that game on a Wii system but if you want to play it in the Wii•U environment (with implemented save-state) you'll have to rebuy it for 10 bucks')

That's means that if your one of those guys buying.. uhm.. 300+ VC games.. You probably want to stick to going back 'n forth between Wii•U and Wii mode.

Wrong, I don't remember when exactly but in an interview they stated they intend to allow you to move your VC games AS they are re-released. so as I said before the only real topic is how long we have to wait before getting them.