Even if it isn't, why do people care?
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#12pokemonfreak97Posted 12/3/2012 11:39:04 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
How did you get not much more powerful out of

"not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine"

fyi the second biggest leap in the world is much more powerful.

I do expect the PS4/720 to have better graphics than the Wii U, so let me preface this statement with that so that the anti-Nintendo camp doesn't kill me.

"Not the biggest" generally does not mean "second biggest"; it means "relatively small". "Not the (superlative)" means "not (adjective)".

For instance, "The school library's collection was not the best" does not mean that the school library has any collection from "only surpassed by the Library of Congress" to "only has 2 copies of the first Harry Potter book"; it means "not that good".

Please don't hurt me.
---
I hack life.
Got a Wii U launch night!
#13BufkusPosted 12/3/2012 11:39:52 AM
well we got pricepoints out of that article. Sony is going to be aggressive with its pricing so I expect Nintendo to price cut by at least $100, perhaps even $150 in a year.
#14trenkenPosted 12/3/2012 11:41:49 AM
If any of this is true, it sounds like the PS4 will be very cool with the NEW things it can do. Which is really more than we can say for the U to be honest because its essentially just a giant DS.

The 720 sounds like a mega powerhouse though and im sure they wont have any problems selling that to xbox fans, which there is a crap ton of now in the world.

It sounds like each system is different enough from each other that all will coexist just fine.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#15darkstar4221Posted 12/3/2012 11:43:38 AM
What happened to banning the use of used games, DRM monitoring users on how they use their console, no backwards compatibility, and other anti-piracy restrictions?
#16tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/3/2012 11:46:38 AM
Buretsu posted...
Yeah, according to that, it will only be 2x-3x as powerful as the Wii U...

Right. And the thing to remember here is that PS360 was as much as 20x as powerful as the Wii by some measures. There'll be a gap. But those expecting a thorough rofl-stomping as we saw with the Wii power-wise, are going to be disappointed.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#17Banjo2553Posted 12/3/2012 11:46:48 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
What happened to banning the use of used games, DRM monitoring users on how they use their console, no backwards compatibility, and other anti-piracy restrictions?

They're either rumors or they considered those and got major backlash.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#18BufkusPosted 12/3/2012 11:48:18 AM
trenken posted...
If any of this is true, it sounds like the PS4 will be very cool with the NEW things it can do. Which is really more than we can say for the U to be honest because its essentially just a giant DS.

The 720 sounds like a mega powerhouse though and im sure they wont have any problems selling that to xbox fans, which there is a crap ton of now in the world.

It sounds like each system is different enough from each other that all will coexist just fine.

Any real gamer would be owning all three systems to begin with. You really need to stop hating and learn to love the WiiU for what it offers.

There is nothing wrong with a giant DS, in fact that is one of the biggest pluses of the WiiU. I can't wait to play HD versions of games like Layton, Etrian Odyssey, etc. There are just certain types of games that would benefit, and a lot of the best DS franchises could easily make the home console transition now that there's a home console with dual screens.
#19SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/3/2012 11:52:45 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...

They're either rumors or they considered those and got major backlash.

It was BS. Plain and simple. An analyst said MS was thinking of using things like that, so another analyst had to say Sony was thinking of doing it. Sony confirmed not to be doing it, but Nintendo fanboys, who claim analysts are "pathetic and liars", fully embraced the rumor to try to justify why they wanted another Wii. Sad how they believe anything that isn't against Nintendo, but would bash God if he said the Wii U wasn't that great.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#20DemonDog666Posted 12/3/2012 11:54:19 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
I do expect the PS4/720 to have better graphics than the Wii U, so let me preface this statement with that so that the anti-Nintendo camp doesn't kill me.

"Not the biggest" generally does not mean "second biggest"; it means "relatively small". "Not the (superlative)" means "not (adjective)".

For instance, "The school library's collection was not the best" does not mean that the school library has any collection from "only surpassed by the Library of Congress" to "only has 2 copies of the first Harry Potter book"; it means "not that good".

Please don't hurt me.

No it doesn't mean small, if they meant small they would of said not much not not the biggest. It means not huge, but not small, it's significant leap but not an insane one, that is of course if this source is even to be trusted which I don't think it is. Not the best doesn't mean near the worst either, it generally means middle ground to above average.

Nobody describe the wiiU leap over ps3/360 as "not the biggest leap in the world" hell they didn't even describe it as a leap. Just for some perspective.