PS4 not much more powerful than wiiU

#101Golden MavenPosted 12/3/2012 3:36:18 PM
BikeaLoss posted...
who cares about PS4 when Sony may be bankrupt before its release?

More Wii-ssUrance. We can smell your fear of the PS4 through the damn computer screen, that's how strong the odor is.
#102DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 3:38:12 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine.

And yet

The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen.

"One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. [It will also be able to] synch with the Vita.

Do you seriously believe that a console that's a hair above the Wii-U in power could handle 3D, 2k, 4k, or IMAX resolutions? My goodness, the NDF are getting desperate, relying on some crap article they dug up from the examiner.

We don't fully know if it'll support those resolutions at all. Besides these are speculated output resolutions for movies, not the games, which will likely be around 1080p anyway. Same goes for Nextbox.
---
"Legends never die"
#103UnbralPosted 12/3/2012 3:48:41 PM
I thought the PSP was "not much more powerful than wiiU" already.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#104Sami1000Posted 12/3/2012 4:10:51 PM
Sigh, i really need to put more people on my ignore list. This isn't civilized discussion anymore (if its ever been), more like a war.
#105LegendOfRushPosted 12/3/2012 4:11:14 PM
I never understood debates over systems. Seriously you can buy a system for the price of a few games. I get all the systems (not necessarily when they are first released) and only get games I really like on the system they run best on. Yea I make good money and I understand some people may have to budget their finances a little more, but I am refering to people who only have one system and have 30+ games for it. You can buy a ps3 for the price of 4 new games and you can buy a 360 for the price of 3 new games. So its not always about money, but about being a "fanboy" (I hate that term) for one company.

Personally Nintendo has always been my favorite. Hands down the best first party games, most creative games, and the most innovative. They usually come out with an idea first, and the other systems eventually just try and copy it. But I love my ps3 for fighting games, great graphics, and games like God of War. I love my 360 for online play and FPS games. They all have their perks.
#106the_cajun88Posted 12/3/2012 4:12:29 PM
More Wii-ssUrance. We can smell your fear of the PS4 through the damn computer screen, that's how strong the odor is.

^Disregard the argument/discussion here and look at that post.

This is the cheesiest thing I've read all day.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#107iDIVIDEBYZER0Posted 12/3/2012 4:16:22 PM(edited)
""The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen."

lol this is where I stopped reading

what a ludicrously fake article written by someone who has no grasp on technology. Probably thinks flying cars are right around the corner because SCIENCE
#108DemonDog666Posted 12/3/2012 4:17:40 PM
darkjedilink posted...
The GPU's in the PS1 and PS2 do NOT have the same feature sets. The CPU's are entirely different as far as feature sets as well.

As far as your #2, how is it that NOW you don't know? You've been one of the most vocal people claiming that those will be "real" consoles, even though everything that's ever been stated about either one puts them not much more powerful than the Wii U.

Nothing credible or specific has been stated about them period, and what has been said has been so vague it can be interpreted as second biggest leap in the world or not much more powerful than.
#109oxnerdPosted 12/3/2012 4:18:53 PM
Can't wait till all the damn consoles come out so everyone stops caring about power
#110DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 4:20:46 PM
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...
""The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen."

lol this is where I stopped reading

what a ludicrously fake article written by someone who has no grasp on technology. Probably thinks flying cars are right around the corner because SCIENCE

Actually this tech does exists. So it's not much of a stretch for Sony to use a down grade of it.

Same goes with the holo deck. It's just a projector with a kinect duck taped to it.

Even the bio feedback is doable with our level of tech.

After all about 10 years ago the very idea of the phones we have now was laughable. And that was only a decade ago.
---
"Legends never die"