PS4 not much more powerful than wiiU

#111DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 3:27:04 PM
DarkFoxV posted...
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...
""The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen."

lol this is where I stopped reading

what a ludicrously fake article written by someone who has no grasp on technology. Probably thinks flying cars are right around the corner because SCIENCE

Actually this tech does exists. So it's not much of a stretch for Sony to use a down grade of it.

Same goes with the holo deck. It's just a projector with a kinect duck taped to it.

Even the bio feedback is doable with our level of tech.

After all about 10 years ago the very idea of the phones we have now was laughable. And that was only a decade ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9rZcvhnL8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlSSDEt57XM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYa8kirsUfg
---
"Legends never die"
#112DemonDog666Posted 12/3/2012 3:29:55 PM
DarkFoxV posted...
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...
""The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen."

what a ludicrously fake article written by someone who has no grasp on technology. Probably thinks flying cars are right around the corner because SCIENCE

Actually this tech does exists. So it's not much of a stretch for Sony to use a down grade of it.

Same goes with the holo deck. It's just a projector with a kinect duck taped to it.

After all about 10 years ago the very idea of the phones we have now was laughable. And that was only a decade ago.

Something existing and putting something so stupid and so costly in a 350 to 400 game console are two very different things.
#113Enigma149Posted 12/3/2012 3:33:32 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine.

And yet

The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen.

"One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. [It will also be able to] synch with the Vita.

Do you seriously believe that a console that's a hair above the Wii-U in power could handle 3D, 2k, 4k, or IMAX resolutions? My goodness, the NDF are getting desperate, relying on some crap article they dug up from the examiner.

Yes. I'm fairly certain a system only a hair above the Wii U in power could handle playing movies in 2K (which, by the way, is essentially 1080p), 4K, or IMAX resolutions. Heck, I'd go so far as to say a system weaker than the Wii U, weaker than the Xbox 360, even, could play movies in 2K, 4K, or IMAX resolutions, if the system supported output in said resolutions.

Do you know why? Because playing movies in ultra-high resolutions doesn't require much processing power, and it certainly doesn't require as much as were in the 7th or 8th Generation consoles (with the possible exception of the Wii).

And by the way, this article is all over the internet - not just Examiner.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#114DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 3:34:08 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
DarkFoxV posted...
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...

Something existing and putting something so stupid and so costly in a 350 to 400 game console are two very different things.

That is true. Everything is still mostly concepts and speculations. We'll know what these two consoles will and won't do when E3 13 rolls around.
---
"Legends never die"
#115PHOENIXZEROPosted 12/3/2012 3:52:15 PM(edited)
This is pretty much BS.

EDIT: Well, unless Sony really is going to only go with a 6670/7670 as the only GPU... If so then just the other crap is BS and Sony is calling it quits next generation.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#116iDIVIDEBYZER0Posted 12/3/2012 3:45:42 PM(edited)
DarkFoxV posted...
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...

What they are describing is complete BS (and it is meant to be taken as a leak, meaning this is exactly what we are getting). There are head mounted displays that can track movement, THATS WHERE IT ENDS. You can not augment televisions to be 3d or 4k with "semi transparent OLED," I dont even know what kind of garbage that is based off, certainly not reality like Google Glass. These stupid fantasies arent even compatible with each other, either its a head mounted display that can rotate the game world or its augmented reality, NOT BOTH.

The microsoft one is insane, it would cost several thousands of dollars to make that happen because short throw projectors start at around $1500, there is no magical low cost projector system and MS is not going to be the one that makes it in a secret bunker and then unveils this miraculous technology at E3.

They are taking real world things and then stretching them into science fiction.
#117hotgamerPosted 12/3/2012 3:44:11 PM
This article was made by a microsoft fanboy. Like the new xbox is gonna be 2-3 times more powerful than the PS4.

I seriously doubt Sony will let their only competition get that big of an edge.

As for WiiU fanboys, keep dreaming, that article is obviously fake for you as well. The WiiU can't even keep up with the ps3 and 360, which are 5-6 years old consoles and you actually think the PS4/720 won't be much more powerful? They will be miles ahead of the WiiU and they will destroy it on any level, CPU, GPU, RAM, hard disk space, you name it.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#118Enigma149Posted 12/3/2012 3:45:32 PM
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...
DarkFoxV posted...
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...

What they are describing is complete BS. There are head mounted displays that can track movement, THATS WHERE IT ENDS. You can not augment televisions to be 3d or 4k with "semi transparent OLED," I dont even know what kind of garbage that is based off, certainly not reality like Google Glass. These stupid fantasies arent even compatible with each other, either its a head mounted display that can rotate the game world or its augmented reality, NOT BOTH.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/samsung-transparent-oled-display-notebook-07-01-2010/

As for the ability to augment televisions to 3D or 4K with transparent OLEDs, I admit, I don't exactly understand 3D. 4K could work - just display a 1920x1080 portion of the 4k image, and use head-tracking to adjust what part of the image is shown. This would, of course, be useless and annoying, but it's doable.

The microsoft one is insane, it would cost thousands of dollars to make that happen, there is no magical low cost projector system and MS is not going to be the one that makes it in a secret bunker and then unveils this miraculous technology at E3.

They are taking real world things and then stretching them into science fiction.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2012/09/microsoft-envisions-where-gaming-is-going-and-its-wild.html

There. Both doable with today's technology, and one is even being pursued by the company.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#119DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 3:49:46 PM
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...
DarkFoxV posted...
iDIVIDEBYZER0 posted...

What they are describing is complete BS (and it is meant to be taken as a leak, meaning this is exactly what we are getting). There are head mounted displays that can track movement, THATS WHERE IT ENDS. You can not augment televisions to be 3d or 4k with "semi transparent OLED," I dont even know what kind of garbage that is based off, certainly not reality like Google Glass. These stupid fantasies arent even compatible with each other, either its a head mounted display that can rotate the game world or its augmented reality, NOT BOTH.

The microsoft one is insane, it would cost several thousands of dollars to make that happen because short throw projectors start at around $1500, there is no magical low cost projector system and MS is not going to be the one that makes it in a secret bunker and then unveils this miraculous technology at E3.

True but for the Onmiviewer there maybe a cheap means of pulling something like that off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Well the VR tracking anyway.
---
"Legends never die"
#120JdciPosted 12/3/2012 3:52:49 PM
I read the link and watch the Youtube movie (in the comments of the article)

If that really is the tech that both are using, it could be freaking amazing.
Even though I hope they don't make you stand up for every game , I mean the Wiimote I could just flick why lying on the couch.

How on earth would I be able to play Halo if it's in my whole freaking room?
But still the tech looks so good, I will probably buy them both anyway -)

Look like we gonna have a weird next gen race, with lots of new features.
Sounds great to me, just hope people will look at it in a positive light.
---
"Anyway, my favourite ball is my right one, as my left is still tender from my infamous waterslide incident :P" --Slartibartfast42