PS4 not much more powerful than wiiU

#121SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/3/2012 3:53:43 PM
Wii U is not much more powerful than PS3/Xbox 360 either, and even less powerful in some areas. PS360 weren't less powerful than the previous gen.

So all the fanboys that crapped their pants with excitement over the false claims of a superpowered Wii U are now trying to downplay the power of future competitors just to feel better about being wrong.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#122DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 3:57:43 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Wii U is not much more powerful than PS3/Xbox 360 either, and even less powerful in some areas. PS360 weren't less powerful than the previous gen.

So all the fanboys that crapped their pants with excitement over the false claims of a superpowered Wii U are now trying to downplay the power of future competitors just to feel better about being wrong.

Plus Miyamoto was pretty clear that the WiiU was not going to be more powerful then the gen7 HD twins back in 2011. Yet some how the hype train hit and things got out of hand for a system whos specs were hinted to be more or less gen7 level tech since it's reveal.

Reggie ain't helping things much either in terms of hype control.
---
"Legends never die"
#123iDIVIDEBYZER0Posted 12/3/2012 4:09:20 PM(edited)
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/samsung-transparent-oled-display-notebook-07-01-2010/

As for the ability to augment televisions to 3D or 4K with transparent OLEDs, I admit, I don't exactly understand 3D. 4K could work - just display a 1920x1080 portion of the 4k image, and use head-tracking to adjust what part of the image is shown. This would, of course, be useless and annoying, but it's doable.

The microsoft one is insane, it would cost thousands of dollars to make that happen, there is no magical low cost projector system and MS is not going to be the one that makes it in a secret bunker and then unveils this miraculous technology at E3.

They are taking real world things and then stretching them into science fiction.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2012/09/microsoft-envisions-where-gaming-is-going-and-its-wild.html

There. Both doable with today's technology, and one is even being pursued by the company.

So you think head tracking is accurate enough to keep things from moving within a 300th of an inch to match up with a single pixel of a 4k TV? Ridiculous. Not doable, it doesnt even make sense to take one display and add it to another to double the pixels. And transparent OLEDS make the first part of the fantasy impossible, you cannot "look around" in the game world with a transparent display, there are no black pixels.

I already covered the MS idea, it is financially impossible to put in a $300 console. Short throw projectors cost thousands of dollars, MS will not invent a cheap HD short throw projector. It is very much possible, someone could do it right now with a PC, it will cost around $8,000 though.

True but for the Onmiviewer there maybe a cheap means of pulling something like that off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

the "leak" went far far beyond that simple idea, that doesnt give any validity to these claims
#124Devil_wings00Posted 12/3/2012 4:21:55 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...
funny thing is PS4/720 don't even need to do much to blow away any of the current systems. They have dragged out this gen so long now that even on board graphics solutions from AMD's can roflstomp a console in graphical fidelity. A10's can run 1080p at 30 fps on low to medium details with properly fast ram (1866 or higher). That would be a quantum leap from what we have now and it would cost Sony 120 bucks ;p plus maybe another 50 for the ram ;p That would be assuming they payed retail prices, which they wouldn't be.

You think 30fps 1080p with low settings and no AA roflstomps current gen?

It does when the absolute highest thing the current gen consoles can achieve is 720p (in many many cases not even this) at 30fps and that's pushing them to there bitter limits. Ya being able to push out native 1080p at 30 fps is a big improvement over what we have now ;p I mean A10's are using ON BOARD graphics lol never mind actually using even something as low end as a 650ti or 7770 ;p
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#125hotgamerPosted 12/3/2012 4:26:48 PM
Apparently, they would want the new ps4 and 720 to run any games at 60fps on 1080p and 3d.

Just that would make the wiiU a joke. If they really are planning to sell their new consoles for 400$, then 100$ for this much more power is nothing.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#126darkjedilinkPosted 12/3/2012 4:32:18 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
The GPU's in the PS1 and PS2 do NOT have the same feature sets. The CPU's are entirely different as far as feature sets as well.

As far as your #2, how is it that NOW you don't know? You've been one of the most vocal people claiming that those will be "real" consoles, even though everything that's ever been stated about either one puts them not much more powerful than the Wii U.

Nothing credible or specific has been stated about them period, and what has been said has been so vague it can be interpreted as second biggest leap in the world or not much more powerful than.

So, you admit that your own claims that they'll be significantly more powerful than the Wii U aren't based on any fact, and are based solely on your own bias?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#127DemonDog666Posted 12/3/2012 4:47:38 PM
darkjedilink posted...
So, you admit that your own claims that they'll be significantly more powerful than the Wii U aren't based on any fact, and are based solely on your own bias?

My claims are based on logic and the actual facts we do know and has nothing to do with bias, it is however physically possible that I'll be wrong but I don't see how anyone reasonable could think that's going to be the outcome. There literally is no point in Sony even releasing a ps4 if it's not going to be significant more powerful then wiiU because it wouldn't be significantly more powerful then ps3 they'd sooner pull off a double gen.
#128roo10158Posted 12/3/2012 4:51:07 PM
Raw power isn't everything
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#129MegagunstarmanPosted 12/3/2012 4:56:41 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Except for the fact that leaks point towards entry level PC power for the 720/PS3.

Though if that excites you, who I'm I to say they're nothing special.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#130Ghetto_ninjaPosted 12/3/2012 6:00:12 PM
Why would you have trouble marketing it as long as it retains the Playstation part.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!