PS4 not much more powerful than wiiU

#131finchusedPosted 12/3/2012 7:32:55 PM
That article is garbage. I'll wait until there is an official announcement backed by more credible gaming websites.
---
6 GB RAM, Intel i7 2.66 Ghz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
#132KojaxFXPosted 12/3/2012 7:33:08 PM
you realize the console isn't even out. I imagine it will be a lot better than the wii u, and do more than the wii u. The wii-u is comparable to the PS3 lol.
#133SilentS89Posted 12/3/2012 8:15:29 PM
This entire article is like somebody looked at the patents each company was taking out and tried to create a hoax around them.
#134TechniMyokoPosted 12/3/2012 8:26:13 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
How did you get not much more powerful out of

"not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine"

fyi the second biggest leap in the world is much more powerful.

I do expect the PS4/720 to have better graphics than the Wii U, so let me preface this statement with that so that the anti-Nintendo camp doesn't kill me.

"Not the biggest" generally does not mean "second biggest"; it means "relatively small". "Not the (superlative)" means "not (adjective)".

For instance, "The school library's collection was not the best" does not mean that the school library has any collection from "only surpassed by the Library of Congress" to "only has 2 copies of the first Harry Potter book"; it means "not that good".

Please don't hurt me.
you're reaching, not the biggest includes second biggest
#135PHOENIXZEROPosted 12/3/2012 9:21:46 PM
SilentS89 posted...
This entire article is like somebody looked at the patents each company was taking out and tried to create a hoax around them.

Pretty much.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#136carsaucePosted 12/3/2012 9:28:16 PM
yea right, that will be the day-.-
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#137DemonDog666Posted 12/4/2012 12:48:30 AM
SilentS89 posted...

and we have a winner you get the common sense award!
#138darkjedilinkPosted 12/4/2012 12:50:48 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
So, you admit that your own claims that they'll be significantly more powerful than the Wii U aren't based on any fact, and are based solely on your own bias?

My claims are based on logic and the actual facts we do know and has nothing to do with bias, it is however physically possible that I'll be wrong but I don't see how anyone reasonable could think that's going to be the outcome. There literally is no point in Sony even releasing a ps4 if it's not going to be significant more powerful then wiiU because it wouldn't be significantly more powerful then ps3 they'd sooner pull off a double gen.

And that's why you color everything with your bias - you actually think them making a product that's going to turn a profit is a stupid and pointless business venture when they have posted so many billions of dollars in losses, and are in so much debt that Nintendo, as small and one-dimensional as they are, actually has enough real cash to buy every single share of Sony stock, thus owning the whole company.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#139bond465Posted 12/4/2012 1:04:06 AM
SilentS89 posted...

this. but i hope its true and the xbox is 8 times more powerful than the wii u lol. what a garbage console.
#140DiscostewSMPosted 12/4/2012 1:16:30 AM
How does Sony plan to use the name Playstation 9 for their electronic spores without going through all the previous numbers? I call fake.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project