PS4 not much more powerful than wiiU

#41DemonDog666Posted 12/3/2012 11:58:47 AM
king_eric posted...
the funny thing is how people make stupid assumptions when sony and microsoft haven't even released their specs.

who the hell cares anyway what power any machine has.
buy the games you want to play and enjoy them wither its a sony,micosoft or nintendo machine.

those making topics comparing power and tedious stuff are insecure with their choice and need belly rubbed to believe the machine they just bought was the right choice because heck they are sheep trying to fit in with the other friggin sheep.

I care why? Two reasons.

1. ps4/next box power dictates if wiiU will get multiplats.

2. Some gameplay advancements can only come with better cpu, many great games this gen like Infamous, Batman AA/AC, Demon souls, Mirror's Edge ect. Just wouldn't have been possible on something as strong as the ps2, if wiiU is capped at this gen's level and ps4/next xbox give new gameplay possibilities, I'm going to opt for ps4 (not next xbox cuz ms sucks)
#42darkjedilinkPosted 12/3/2012 12:03:31 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
king_eric posted...
the funny thing is how people make stupid assumptions when sony and microsoft haven't even released their specs.

who the hell cares anyway what power any machine has.
buy the games you want to play and enjoy them wither its a sony,micosoft or nintendo machine.

those making topics comparing power and tedious stuff are insecure with their choice and need belly rubbed to believe the machine they just bought was the right choice because heck they are sheep trying to fit in with the other friggin sheep.

I care why? Two reasons.

1. ps4/next box power dictates if wiiU will get multiplats.

No it doesn't. Feature set does. Think about it - you can run every single game that will play on a Core i7 Extreme with dual GTX 690's on a computer that only has a dual-core Athlon and a GT210. Why? Because even though the power gulf between the two is devastating, they have about the exact same feature sets.

2. Some gameplay advancements can only come with better cpu, many great games this gen like Infamous, Batman AA/AC, Demon souls, Mirror's Edge ect. Just wouldn't have been possible on something as strong as the ps2, if wiiU is capped at this gen's level and ps4/next xbox give new gameplay possibilities, I'm going to opt for ps4 (not next xbox cuz ms sucks)

PS4 and NextBox won't have new gameplay possibilities, since their processors won't have anything radically different than the Wii U. The Wii could have ran all of those games at lower resolutions if it had a GPU with a similar feature set as the 360 and PS3.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#43darkjedilinkPosted 12/3/2012 12:05:17 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Wonder how much that Xbox is going to cost. =/

Considering the price of MS Surface? It won't be cheap.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#44squatch22Posted 12/3/2012 12:08:07 PM
I remember Sony fans bashing 3DS for having ports... then Vita launch is shown to have even more ports and they praise it as best thing ever. lol
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#45kuragari1anonlyPosted 12/3/2012 12:09:31 PM
xbros.jpg
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#46CrmsnFatalis96Posted 12/3/2012 12:11:37 PM
squatch22 posted...
I remember Sony fans bashing 3DS for having ports... then Vita launch is shown to have even more ports and they praise it as best thing ever. lol

You actually have a point, even though it is irrelevant to the topic (so I must ask, why did you bring it up?).

They worship P4G like a god on the Vita boards.
#47MegagunstarmanPosted 12/3/2012 12:16:50 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Wonder how much that Xbox is going to cost. =/

According to the article, "$499 range".

But the entire thing reads like nothing more than guesswork so I wouldn't put much stock in anything said in it.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#48BuretsuPosted 12/3/2012 12:18:23 PM
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...
squatch22 posted...

You actually have a point, even though it is irrelevant to the topic (so I must ask, why did you bring it up?).

They worship P4G like a god on the Vita boards.

Because it's the best game available for the VIta. And it's an enhanced port which adds a ton of additional features and content and gameplay to the game. If it wasn't the only Vita game I care about, it might have been the tipping point to get me to buy the system.

Closest thing the 3DS has to compare to it is Devil Survivor: Overclocked, which added voices and an extra scenario. Ocarina of Time was just a straight graphical upgrade, albeit a very excellently done one. Tales of the Abyss merely took a reduction in graphics, balanced with the added 3D effect.

I'm probably missing some 3DS ports, but I hope you get my drift here.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#49DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 12:24:13 PM
Buretsu posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Buretsu posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
yep sony's too busy working on their failure twisty-snap-in-half controller for it too care about power.

Yeah, any system where the controller comes in two pieces is pretty much guaranteed to be a failure.

i know you're mocking me by referencing the wii, but i'd love to know how you think that a controller that literally snaps in half(read; NOT like wiimote/nunchuk or move combo) could be a good idea? i mean a dualshock 3 that can split in half? the hell's the point?

I imagine it's like the Wiimote, but you can put it back together into a standard controller configuration, so they won't have to release a separate traditional controller.

Not a bad idea, and is speculations prove true then Twin Shock could very well be just an optional controller.
---
"Legends never die"
#50GodRebornPosted 12/3/2012 12:25:19 PM
well, there's something to be said about a console, in this case the Wii, destroying the PS3 and the 360 in terms of sales. heck, it had the most successful software as well (wii fit sold at least three times as much as the original black ops despite that game being on two systems) games and devs have said that the Wii was last gen in terms of power, but what does that say when a "last gen console" destroys the competition? power =/ better games. thus far, it's bankrupted several dev studios.