PS4 not much more powerful than wiiU

#61MANTI5Posted 12/3/2012 2:05:29 PM
*nun chuck
#62pikachupwnagePosted 12/3/2012 2:09:00 PM(edited)
The Omni sounds pretty cool.

The "720" not so much.
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#63DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 2:10:48 PM
If the rumors end up being true, then more then likely I'll be going the PSOmni + WiiU route. With WiiU being my first buy, and PSOmni a year or two later.

WiiU should be $50 cheaper next year since Nintendo's releasing the bulk of their 1st party titles then.
---
"Legends never die"
#64DemonDog666Posted 12/3/2012 2:13:21 PM
darkjedilink posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
king_eric posted...
the funny thing is how people make stupid assumptions when sony and microsoft haven't even released their specs.

who the hell cares anyway what power any machine has.
buy the games you want to play and enjoy them wither its a sony,micosoft or nintendo machine.

those making topics comparing power and tedious stuff are insecure with their choice and need belly rubbed to believe the machine they just bought was the right choice because heck they are sheep trying to fit in with the other friggin sheep.

I care why? Two reasons.

1. ps4/next box power dictates if wiiU will get multiplats.

No it doesn't. Feature set does. Think about it - you can run every single game that will play on a Core i7 Extreme with dual GTX 690's on a computer that only has a dual-core Athlon and a GT210. Why? Because even though the power gulf between the two is devastating, they have about the exact same feature sets.

2. Some gameplay advancements can only come with better cpu, many great games this gen like Infamous, Batman AA/AC, Demon souls, Mirror's Edge ect. Just wouldn't have been possible on something as strong as the ps2, if wiiU is capped at this gen's level and ps4/next xbox give new gameplay possibilities, I'm going to opt for ps4 (not next xbox cuz ms sucks)

PS4 and NextBox won't have new gameplay possibilities, since their processors won't have anything radically different than the Wii U. The Wii could have ran all of those games at lower resolutions if it had a GPU with a similar feature set as the 360 and PS3.

1. Yeah it does, ps1 can't run ps2 games and they have the same feature set. Besides computer games are different, they don't push gameplay they copy gameplay from consoles and then push graphics

2. I don't know if they will or not and neither do you since they aren't even annouced and these rumors are both vague and bs. I just know wiiU won't.
#65PigfartsPosted 12/3/2012 2:17:12 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Pigfarts posted...
Soljah posted...
http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-720-and-playstation-4-features-and-upcoming-games-revealed

Where is your god now?

Cowering under the table beside the tremendous power of ps4

What "tremendous power of PS4?" The difference between the Wii U and PS4 will be about the same as the 360 and PS3 according to that article.

I didn't read it, I was just answering the question the TC put out there.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#66Enigma149Posted 12/3/2012 2:31:05 PM
Buretsu posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Pigfarts posted...
Soljah posted...
http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-720-and-playstation-4-features-and-upcoming-games-revealed

Where is your god now?

Cowering under the table beside the tremendous power of ps4

What "tremendous power of PS4?" The difference between the Wii U and PS4 will be about the same as the 360 and PS3 according to that article.

The 360 is 2-3x as powerful as the PS3?

Well, if we go based on the GPU, yes, though closer to 2 than 3. As for the CPU...I don't know.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#67DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/3/2012 2:31:15 PM
WiiU is not much more powerful than Wii
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#68Luthor_Posted 12/3/2012 2:32:16 PM
Drones love to believe crap articles.
---
Dante Stormblade
#69HungoverHero777Posted 12/3/2012 2:32:36 PM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
WiiU is not much more powerful than Wii

lolno
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree:9 Disagree:0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#70Semi45aPosted 12/3/2012 2:36:16 PM
wow its time to Microsoft then. So powerful!
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia