PS4 not much more powerful than wiiU

#71darkjedilinkPosted 12/3/2012 2:37:13 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
king_eric posted...
the funny thing is how people make stupid assumptions when sony and microsoft haven't even released their specs.

who the hell cares anyway what power any machine has.
buy the games you want to play and enjoy them wither its a sony,micosoft or nintendo machine.

those making topics comparing power and tedious stuff are insecure with their choice and need belly rubbed to believe the machine they just bought was the right choice because heck they are sheep trying to fit in with the other friggin sheep.

I care why? Two reasons.

1. ps4/next box power dictates if wiiU will get multiplats.

No it doesn't. Feature set does. Think about it - you can run every single game that will play on a Core i7 Extreme with dual GTX 690's on a computer that only has a dual-core Athlon and a GT210. Why? Because even though the power gulf between the two is devastating, they have about the exact same feature sets.

2. Some gameplay advancements can only come with better cpu, many great games this gen like Infamous, Batman AA/AC, Demon souls, Mirror's Edge ect. Just wouldn't have been possible on something as strong as the ps2, if wiiU is capped at this gen's level and ps4/next xbox give new gameplay possibilities, I'm going to opt for ps4 (not next xbox cuz ms sucks)

PS4 and NextBox won't have new gameplay possibilities, since their processors won't have anything radically different than the Wii U. The Wii could have ran all of those games at lower resolutions if it had a GPU with a similar feature set as the 360 and PS3.

1. Yeah it does, ps1 can't run ps2 games and they have the same feature set. Besides computer games are different, they don't push gameplay they copy gameplay from consoles and then push graphics

2. I don't know if they will or not and neither do you since they aren't even annouced and these rumors are both vague and bs. I just know wiiU won't.

The GPU's in the PS1 and PS2 do NOT have the same feature sets. The CPU's are entirely different as far as feature sets as well.

As far as your #2, how is it that NOW you don't know? You've been one of the most vocal people claiming that those will be "real" consoles, even though everything that's ever been stated about either one puts them not much more powerful than the Wii U.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#72Devil_wings00Posted 12/3/2012 2:38:42 PM
This is about the 700th random PS4/720 rumor I've heard now. Remember when the PS4 was going to have crossfire GPU's and be able to output in native 4k!!!!! Or when it was going to completely lock out used games!!!!! Or when it was rumored to be using an AMD A10 as it's base!!!!

These all came from legit sites to so....yaaaah

We won't know until they bloody announce the thing what we will get.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#73Doom_InfinitePosted 12/3/2012 2:39:38 PM
Omni doesnít sound bad imo. Still these are just rumors.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#74DTY3Posted 12/3/2012 2:41:17 PM
screwtape posted...
>>>>>>"The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen.

>>>>>>"The new controllers, whether itís the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock, will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay.

LOL. This is the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard.

Hirai: "We're not interested in gimmicks..."
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#75_FalstaffPosted 12/3/2012 2:44:21 PM(edited)
Devil_wings00 posted...
This is about the 700th random PS4/720 rumor I've heard now. Remember when the PS4 was going to have crossfire GPU's and be able to output in native 4k!!!!! Or when it was going to completely lock out used games!!!!! Or when it was rumored to be using an AMD A10 as it's base!!!!

These all came from legit sites to so....yaaaah

We won't know until they bloody announce the thing what we will get.

The rumors are probably the most entertaining part of a console launch. Anybody else remember the Nintendo ON? You want to talk about building hype, talk about that.

DTY3 posted...
Hirai: "We're not interested in gimmicks..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#76Devil_wings00Posted 12/3/2012 2:46:01 PM
funny thing is PS4/720 don't even need to do much to blow away any of the current systems. They have dragged out this gen so long now that even on board graphics solutions from AMD can roflstomp a console in graphical fidelity. A10's can run 1080p at 30 fps on low to medium details with properly fast ram (1866 or higher). That would be a quantum leap from what we have now and it would cost Sony 120 bucks ;p plus maybe another 50 for the ram ;p That would be assuming they payed retail prices, which they wouldn't be.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#77Devil_wings00Posted 12/3/2012 2:46:12 PM
funny thing is PS4/720 don't even need to do much to blow away any of the current systems. They have dragged out this gen so long now that even on board graphics solutions from AMD's can roflstomp a console in graphical fidelity. A10's can run 1080p at 30 fps on low to medium details with properly fast ram (1866 or higher). That would be a quantum leap from what we have now and it would cost Sony 120 bucks ;p plus maybe another 50 for the ram ;p That would be assuming they payed retail prices, which they wouldn't be.
---
#78Big_IsaacPosted 12/3/2012 2:53:06 PM
the article
The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen.

seriously, guys? you're actually buying this?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#79kissdadookiePosted 12/3/2012 2:56:15 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
funny thing is PS4/720 don't even need to do much to blow away any of the current systems. They have dragged out this gen so long now that even on board graphics solutions from AMD can roflstomp a console in graphical fidelity. A10's can run 1080p at 30 fps on low to medium details with properly fast ram (1866 or higher). That would be a quantum leap from what we have now and it would cost Sony 120 bucks ;p plus maybe another 50 for the ram ;p That would be assuming they payed retail prices, which they wouldn't be.

One has to remember that the A10 supports external GPUs on top of the 7000 series core that is part of the APU. Sony may very well be using a modified A10 with a much more robust GPU core (most likely the case here). The newest Orbis devkit and Sony's presentation to devs is that they are aiming for native 1080P in 3D at 60 fps. That is their target specs for the Orbis and devs whom received the latest devkits have said as much. So this does fall in line with it being 2-3 times more powerful than the Wii U (remember, the Wii U supposedly has a robust GPU though 2 generations behind the Radeon 7000 series and thus lacking DirectX 11 and comparable features, however, it's running an ancient CPU architecture that goes all the way back to Apple G3s which is the bottleneck for the Wii U). Wii U you can realistically expect at best native 1080P with locked 30 fps with dynamic vsync. So 2-3 times that would net you a system that can push out native 1080P in 3D at 60 fps which falls right in line with what the latest Orbis devkit is supposedly aimed at doing. Not the largest leap but a considerable one and falls totally in line with what I have stated months ago, that the next Sony and MS boxes will be around 4-6 times more powerful than the current PS360.
#80kissdadookiePosted 12/3/2012 2:57:59 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
the article
The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen.

seriously, guys? you're actually buying this?

They may very well put this out after putting out the next PS box. This could very well be their 3rd gen 3D HMD. I own their first gen HMD, the HMZ-T1.