PS4 not much more powerful than wiiU

#91SilentS89Posted 12/3/2012 3:23:21 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
a ****ing holo deck? in 2014? less than 2 years from now? yeah, no

Judging by the Kinect that holo deck won't be able to detect black people.
#92Lord_KagatoPosted 12/3/2012 3:24:07 PM
I just scoped out the 360/PS3 boards and neither one is even talking about this. Seems that nobody cares.

As expected.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Megaman Legends 2
#93MANTI5Posted 12/3/2012 3:24:50 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
a ****ing holo deck? in 2014? less than 2 years from now? yeah, no

Judging by the Kinect that holo deck won't be able to detect black people.

Kanye will not be happy about this.
#94Rasen543Posted 12/3/2012 3:27:27 PM
I still don't get why anyone cares about power.

If the games are fun I play them. Don't care what company does what.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#95BikeaLossPosted 12/3/2012 3:27:49 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
*sigh* Who. CARES???

Really, who cares about PS4 when Sony may be bankrupt before its release? There are bigger worries than some console now.
#96ColorfulColorsPosted 12/3/2012 3:28:43 PM
Rasen543 posted...
I still don't get why anyone cares about power.

If the games are fun I play them. Don't care what company does what.

WiiUssurance

Thats why you can't say its about the games. Trolls use that word that doesn't make since.
---
Xeeh_Bitz: Master of Excuses
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#97DarkFoxVPosted 12/3/2012 3:28:44 PM
Lord_Kagato posted...
I just scoped out the 360/PS3 boards and neither one is even talking about this. Seems that nobody cares.

As expected.

That in things seem to still be in the concept stages. Not everything's set in stone just yet but it seems E3 13 will have all the answers.
---
"Legends never die"
#98SHIBBYMANPosted 12/3/2012 3:30:02 PM
Haha WiiU
---
JackAttack6586 I KILL ALL GINGERS IN FALLOUT 3
Every day I wear a bandana for unlimited ammo
#99Golden MavenPosted 12/3/2012 3:34:28 PM
Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine.

And yet

The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen.

"One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. [It will also be able to] synch with the Vita.

Do you seriously believe that a console that's a hair above the Wii-U in power could handle 3D, 2k, 4k, or IMAX resolutions? My goodness, the NDF are getting desperate, relying on some crap article they dug up from the examiner.
#100darkjedilinkPosted 12/3/2012 3:35:30 PM
kissdadookie posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Wii U has some DX11 features as well, not to mention the fact that Sony cannot afford to pay AMD to put a real HD7xxx GPU into an APU, since AMD can't even afford to do it yet.

Wii U has DX11 features like the 3DS has OpenGL 2.0 features. Basically a small set of offshoots which Nintendo felt was a good idea but falls so short of what the devs want that it's essentially the equivalent of lacking those features entirely. Even the fact that the Wii U can use its GPU as CPU falls incredibly short of practical usefulness (it's OpenCL 1, basically like the prototype of using the GPU as CPU, not all that useful in real life applications, however, later OpenCL versions are actually quite useful).

Basically, Nintendo builds machines to a budget thus they end up with what is essentially old tech that isn't popular any more. Sony and MS design based on spec targets and then they set the price. Two different philosophies on building hardware. Devs however tend to like the PC development philosophy which is to dev with the future in mind rather than trying to cram everything into old tech which is near obsolete in the fast paced PC hardware world. Look at Crysis 3 reqs, completely aimed at future tech and next gen MS and Sony boxes. So is UE4.

None of this has any bearing on the fact that AMD APU's don't use the GPU's that you claim they do, and that Sony cannot afford to pay AMD the money necessary to design and engineer an APU that does. As such, you're full of it.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie