So who else has to plan how they play based on the crappy battery life.

#1NEILELLIEPosted 12/3/2012 12:54:55 PM
I love nintendo and have every console they have released but the battery life on this gamepad must be the biggest fail in Nintendos history.
No new console released in this day and age should have the player worrying about if they have enough battery life to play or have to plan what they play around the battery life.
Nintendo should have a battery in the gamepad that gives 5 hours minimum allowing even longer if you turn the brightness down.
So why did a video games company with the expertise of nintendo make such a failure of this.
#21shadetail1Posted 12/3/2012 12:56:57 PM
You're supposed to take breaks every hour or so anyway. Also, the AC adapter and charging stand are quite convenient.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3NEILELLIE(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:58:04 PM
So having to use the charger to play means it not wireless, so its a step down from the wii then.
#4jedinatPosted 12/3/2012 12:58:39 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
You're supposed to take breaks every hour or so anyway.

LOL!!!!
#5Dark World RulerPosted 12/3/2012 1:00:57 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
You're supposed to take breaks every hour or so anyway.

Sorry but that is the most pathetic excuse I have seen
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#61shadetail1Posted 12/3/2012 1:01:01 PM
NEILELLIE posted...
So having to use the charger to play means it not wireless, so its a step down from the wii then.

You can say that about any wireless controller, which makes that an unfair complaint at best. And again, you're supposed to take breaks every hour or so. Those breaks are an opportunity to let the Gamepad recharge some.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#7Aaron44126Posted 12/3/2012 1:01:27 PM
I rarely play for longer than 3 hours on end but I have no problem playing with the gamepad plugged in.
#8Darth GeckoPosted 12/3/2012 1:02:42 PM
Is this a joke? I don't use my Wii Mote for a few weeks and I have to go to the store to buy new batteries.
---
San Francisco Giants 2012 World Champions
http://darth-gecko.dvdaf.com/owned
#9Banjo2553Posted 12/3/2012 1:02:53 PM
Not me, since I can just plug the controller in if I'm going to be playing for extensive periods.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#10JonbazookabozPosted 12/3/2012 1:03:15 PM
The only difference between the wii u pad and the xbox and ps3 pads IS the wii u gamepad has an awesome big touchscreen, with camera and great motion sensors. Battery is about the same. The pro controller lasts 80-90 hours. Nothing beats that.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"