My Wii U doesn't work correctly.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. My Wii U doesn't work correctly.
4 years ago#1
It works just fine on an HDTV with the HDMI chord, but I've tried using 2 different sets of red/blue/yellow A/V cables on 3 different old school TVs, AND on my HDTV, and I don't get output for any of them. My system is flawed. Now I have to return my Wii A/V cables that I bought solely for use with this system. I'd have to return the entire system if SDTV was my only option.
sometime there shot make sometime miss but there dribble and fall to ground of to the court if you alway have a patient then you will always make make shot - me
4 years ago#2
Did you change the settings on the Wii U to output to component cables instead of the HDMI ?
4 years ago#3
If it works just fine on your HDTV with HDMI, then why would you want to DOWNGRADE to component? Am I missing something here?
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
4 years ago#4
Buretsu posted...
If it works just fine on your HDTV with HDMI, then why would you want to DOWNGRADE to component? Am I missing something here?

I have 2 tv's in my house that I've moved my Wii U from for various reasons. One has the Wii hooked up already so I just use those components, and the TV in the office uses the HDMI. It's just a matter of using the gamepad after you boot the Wii U to go into System Settings and change the output method.
4 years ago#5

Different TVs.
sometime there shot make sometime miss but there dribble and fall to ground of to the court if you alway have a patient then you will always make make shot - me
4 years ago#6
djruden posted...
Did you change the settings on the Wii U to output to component cables instead of the HDMI ?

This. If you didn't make the change via the System Settings menu, it won't pass anything through the cable.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
4 years ago#7
I like how TC came back and failed to comment on either of my posts that mention EXACTLY HOW TO FIX HIS ISSUE...
4 years ago#8
djruden posted...
I like how TC came back and failed to comment on either of my posts that mention EXACTLY HOW TO FIX HIS ISSUE...

I know. How minorly rude of him.
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. My Wii U doesn't work correctly.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived