ZombiU: Why I ignored negative reviews

#1sknmakPosted 12/3/2012 1:01:57 PM
Like many others, in the build up to the Wii U launch I was consumed by the hype. Many a review was read and trailer watched as I awaited getting my grubby mitts on the system. By far the game I had the most vested interest in was ZombiU, simply because it's the game I chose to pre-order well in advance as my launch game. Judging by reviews, it seems ZombiU ended up dividing opinions more than Marmite and I was pretty worried that I would be wasting my money on a mediocre launch game. But along came ONM's review, a noble score was dished out and I immediately felt better.

I've been playing ZombiU for a couple of days and thoroughly enjoying it. Within the first half hour I had this image in my head of lots of games designers from Ubisoft sitting around a table and asking each other "what are the cleverest gameplay mechanics we can put in this game?" There are just so many clever little features - I love the way you leave yourself vulnerable by looking away from the screen while sifting through inventory. Using the WiiU controller as a scanner to check for items and the undead is great, too.

ZombiU is truly scary and delivers the frights by making you feel anxious. There's an extreme ammo drought while limited bag space just adds another layer of fear. Hearing that click of the pistol when you run out of ammo is a dreaded sound.

Read the rest of article here:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/44449/blog/zombiu-why-i-ignored-negative-reviews/
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#2LinetrixPosted 12/3/2012 1:04:10 PM
"I love the way you leave yourself vulnerable by looking away from the screen while sifting through inventory. Using the WiiU controller as a scanner to check for items and the undead is great, too."

Joke review confirmed.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#3Luthor_Posted 12/3/2012 1:05:47 PM
Bad game is bad.

There is just nothing to compare it to from Nintendo so people just assume its good.
---
Dante Stormblade
#4kyncaniPosted 12/3/2012 1:06:50 PM
sknmak posted...
Read the rest of article here:
www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/44449/blog/zombiu-why-i-ignored-negative-reviews/

officialnintendomagazine ... ignore negative reviews.
#5squatch22Posted 12/3/2012 1:07:03 PM
I wonder how many of the haters have actually played it.
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#6LinetrixPosted 12/3/2012 1:07:54 PM
I wonder how many of the fanboys have played it. Squatch22, for instance, defends the game to death without ever playing even the demo.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#7squatch22Posted 12/3/2012 1:08:57 PM
Linetrix posted...
I wonder how many of the fanboys have played it. Squatch22, for instance, defends the game to death without ever playing even the demo.

Ive never said the game is good. lol
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#8Parkers_PeterPosted 12/3/2012 1:09:44 PM
People are still in need of reassurance. Games go down in price. Why keep pretending a game is good when you can wait for the bargin bin?
---
Shut up
#9MANTI5Posted 12/3/2012 1:09:51 PM
People were expecting "run and gun" but got a survival horror in the truest sense. Best game ever? Heck no, but for a game that was something completely different a year before it's release to have turned out as well as it did is fairly impressive. Hopefully it gets a sequel so it can have a chance to be all it could be.
#10DarkAdonis123Posted 12/3/2012 1:10:12 PM
I played it over a friend's house and actually really liked it. But there's no way I'd buy it for $60. I'll grab it when it's $30.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue