The Wii U has no games that truly scream "next-gen".

#81FlyinTonitePosted 12/3/2012 11:39:24 PM
robinhoek posted...
LeetProGamer posted...
evecharmeve posted...
nope always played current gen console games without use of a tv

There's nothing revolutionary about that. It's a pointless gimmick because you still need the Wii U attached to a power source. Why would you purposely play on a smaller screen at home? Sure it seems cool at first but like any gimmick it gets old fast.Now if you could play the game pad without needing the Wii U powered normally THAT would be revolutionary.

Plus that feature is only for some games to begin with.

Honestly every time I boot up NSMBU I start out looking at the tv only to find that when I finish I'm staring at the tablet. It's a great feature.

My cat likes to sleep on my entertainment center, I just look at the pad when she decides to take a nap. It's a great feature to have imo.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#82DynheartPosted 12/4/2012 12:35:50 AM(edited)
LeetProGamer posted...
zender1999 posted...
the only game to ever give the feeling you are talking about was super mario 64, it hasnt happened since then on any console

It's happened after that. Maybe not on Nintendo consoles so I guess you wouldn't know.

Not really dude.

Nothing has revolutionized console gaming like Mario 64. That was the biggest impact I have every experienced for a next generation console.

The others? Just a graphic upgrades. Nothing really to write home about.

What are we clamoring over now? Graphics. Mario 64 had better graphics AND introduced 3D gaming to consoles; on a massive scale. That was a pretty big deal, and for a launch title at that.

That's really hard to top.

And no, I don't play just Nintendo consoles. Just a preemptive on a possible rebuttal.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#83leeko_linkPosted 12/4/2012 2:07:06 AM
LeetProGamer posted...
When a new system comes out you expect this vibe. You instantly look at one of the games and go "wow, no way that was possible until now". The Wii U has nothing like this. Not even close to it. It's all been seen and done before and in better quality on other platforms too.

This is honestly the first time (not including handhelds) where I've seen a new system and literally nothing has impressed me about it.

This is the first time you see a new system that you're not wow about it. Fortunately I've seen ten systems so far in my gaming history that claim to be more powerful and not one had wow me either. I could even name them too:

1. Apple Pippin
2. Atari Jaguar
3 Sega Master System
4. Atari 5200
5. PlayStation 3
6. Sega Saturn
7. 3DO
8. Turbo Grafx-16
9. Neo Geo CD
10. Xbox

I was gonna include the Virtual Boy but since you don't count handheld, I had to put in the Xbox.
#84pheran94Posted 12/4/2012 2:30:20 AM
I was pretty young, but when I first saw Halo 3 on the 360 I was taken aback. That was the first game we got on that system. Before that Halo 2 with the dual weapons was so awesome.
But then again even the old Banjo games were awesome, when I was like 8, I was scared of the witch at the end, so I committed suicide by jumping off the edge instead of letting her kill me.... Good Times...
#85Chan TanakaPosted 12/4/2012 2:38:42 AM
The Wii U has no games

I'm very sorry sir, but the PS3 board is over there. ---------->
---
Video Games do not make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees.
#86AstralFrostPosted 12/4/2012 2:43:05 AM
Chan Tanaka posted...
The Wii U has no games

I'm very sorry sir, but the PS3 board is over there. ---------->

So much fail in so little space. No version of "opinion" could view this as correct.
#87Chan TanakaPosted 12/4/2012 2:46:17 AM
lol y u mad bro?
---
Video Games do not make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees.
#88Skill4ReelPosted 12/4/2012 2:48:43 AM
The only games that I've played last gen that screamed "next gen" were Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2, and it wasn't the graphics that were doing the yelling.
#89rising_kPosted 12/4/2012 9:46:29 AM
leeko_link posted...
LeetProGamer posted...
When a new system comes out you expect this vibe. You instantly look at one of the games and go "wow, no way that was possible until now". The Wii U has nothing like this. Not even close to it. It's all been seen and done before and in better quality on other platforms too.

This is honestly the first time (not including handhelds) where I've seen a new system and literally nothing has impressed me about it.

This is the first time you see a new system that you're not wow about it. Fortunately I've seen ten systems so far in my gaming history that claim to be more powerful and not one had wow me either. I could even name them too:

1. Apple Pippin
2. Atari Jaguar
3 Sega Master System
4. Atari 5200
5. PlayStation 3
6. Sega Saturn
7. 3DO
8. Turbo Grafx-16
9. Neo Geo CD
10. Xbox

I was gonna include the Virtual Boy but since you don't count handheld, I had to put in the Xbox.

So what were the reason to why they didn't wow you on these systems?
#90leeko_linkPosted 12/4/2012 10:06:51 AM
rising_k posted...
leeko_link posted...
LeetProGamer posted...

1. Apple Pippin
2. Atari Jaguar
3 Sega Master System
4. Atari 5200
5. PlayStation 3
6. Sega Saturn
7. 3DO
8. Turbo Grafx-16
9. Neo Geo CD
10. Xbox

So what were the reason to why they didn't wow you on these systems?

Well the reason are:

Apple Pippin = The games for this console is really no difference than games on PC and the disc based consoles. Plus the online play sucks on this thing.

Atari Jaguar = The controller to me feels like a downgrade, also a lot of the games look no better than games seen on PlayStation, Super NES, and Sega Genesis.

Sega Masters System = The design looks kinda weird and the controller doesn't seem to most comfortable to me. Also many of the games release for it had better versions on the Genesis.

Atari 5200 = The console overall just plain sucks, the controller is crappy, the games look no different from Coleco and the 2600 other than it been more colorful and the way you had to hook it up just isn't something I want go through with.

PlayStation 3 = I was more interest in HD in 2005 when the Xbox 360 first came out, when the PS3 came out, it didn't impress me anymore. It looks to offer more of the same.

Sega Saturn = This console was suppose to interest me but all the cool games never came out. Luckily the PS1 & N64 are good alternatives over this one.

3DO = If I had to pay over $600 to get an updated Sega CD-like console, I would rather use that money to go buy more games for the SNES, Genesis, and PlayStation instead.

Turbo Grafx-16 = None of the game impress me other than one and that game never came out for the US until the Wii VC exist.

Neo Geo CD = Games with atrocious load times makes me feel sleepy, it seems SNK is making it harder for consumer to buy their console. The regular Neo Geo AES was better but was expensive as all hell and the games were smooth and fast with arcade accurate action. The Neo Geo CD on the otherhand, was just slow paced, very boring, and the action of the arcade felt lagging.

Xbox = By the time this console came out, I already got the PS2 so Im not that interest with it. The Xbox 360 so far had met my expectation though.