Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is the best Kart racer I've played since DKR

#31ChipChippersonPosted 12/3/2012 9:29:28 PM
I just picked this up last night, it's awesome. There is no way Mario Kart is going to top this without a total redesign.
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots that don't care"~Louis CK
#32nonexistingheroPosted 12/3/2012 9:30:36 PM
Huge fans of Shenmue are disappoint. Ryo am crying.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#33sloth927Posted 12/3/2012 9:33:22 PM
nintendo better step there kart gaming titles up sega does what nintendont @.@.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#34VanderZooPosted 12/3/2012 9:59:22 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that knows that DKR>MK64.

The only thing MK64 had going for it in comparison was the iconic characters and the much better battle mode.

DKR stomped MK64 in every other conceivable way.

IKR?

I hear so many people go on about how DKR was just a Mario Kart clone.

It had better graphics, sound, track design, GAMEPLAY, everything...

I thought the gameplay was worse; the controls were too loose compared to MK64. And I wanted to like DKR, I was more hyped for it than MK64, it looked awesome, but I just didn't like how it played compared to MK64. I'm glad I only rented it.
#35noutBrPosted 12/3/2012 10:14:05 PM
VanderZoo posted...
I thought the gameplay was worse; the controls were too loose compared to MK64. And I wanted to like DKR, I was more hyped for it than MK64, it looked awesome, but I just didn't like how it played compared to MK64. I'm glad I only rented it.

That's weird, in my experience the DKR cart controls were much tighter than in MK64. Especially the amazing powerslide mechanics make the cart control great, if you mastered that nothing could stop you from beating any race or mystery time. Also, the let go of the gas pedal before and while hitting a boost mechanic is one of the best inventions ever in kart racers and made time trial even better than it already was.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#36barnabyjones786Posted 12/3/2012 11:40:42 PM
I completely agree with you TC, this game outclasses Mario Kart 7 (which was my most played 3DS game) completely.

Everything is so much better, more animation, a wider selection of characters/stages, and a ton of references for Sega lovers.

It's like a Sega Love Letter to the fans.
---
I love the 3DS and I love the Vita
3DS FC 2578-3111-6145
#37TrueBlue91Posted 12/3/2012 11:58:51 PM
Agreed. The more I play it, the more I love it. There's just so much effort that has been put into it, and it's so damn fun!
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#38Banjo2553Posted 12/4/2012 12:17:36 AM
PsienceWins posted...
Wait, SASRT is only $40? This is now an immediate buy for me.

Yep, surprised at the price, so it's a really good value. Especially considering it seems like a better kart racer than Mario Kart.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#39Arcanine2009Posted 12/4/2012 1:50:55 AM
is there voice chat for the wii u version?

if not, why don't people request it to be patched? I know one wii u game is getting one request
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#40JimdbPosted 12/4/2012 3:36:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFYES2-4ydk&feature=player_profilepage

Awesome review.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF