Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is the best Kart racer I've played since DKR

#51ILikesCheesePosted 12/4/2012 9:25:50 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I think the one change that needs to be changed on Mario Kart is the sense of speed. When playing the game beside Sonic Racing it feels incredibly slow paced.

On this I agree with you. I do prefer the Mario Kart series to the Sega offerings, but 250 ccs seems glacial next to even B class events in Transformed. Nintendo has to drastically redesign that facet or add a higher speed class if they want to compete with the current and forthcoming crop of racers.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#52Xenesis XenonPosted 12/4/2012 4:51:40 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
I only ever played the DS version of DKR, and I can say, it's not all that great.

The DS Port is abysmal and an awful hackjob mutilation of the game. Do not judge it on the DS port, the DS port is not worth the circuit board it is printed on.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#53Xcalibur02Posted 12/4/2012 5:15:29 PM(edited)
I knew my sig was going to get me killed one day.

I'm swear I'm good at this.

EDIT: I guess this is what I get for trying to troll. That I am not good at.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#54MARl0Posted 12/4/2012 7:50:46 PM
Phange 2 posted...
MARl0 posted...
I would have gotten it if it was running at 60fps. There's really no excuse for having this game at 30fps when it's biggest competition is Mario Kart.

To be fair, Mario Kart's graphics have always been the bare minimum. SASR has tons and tons of things going on.

To be fair, Nintendo got it right by putting performance and gameplay first over graphics. Sega put their priorities in the wrong place.
---
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) / Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
#55Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:01:05 PM
MARl0 posted...
Phange 2 posted...
MARl0 posted...
I would have gotten it if it was running at 60fps. There's really no excuse for having this game at 30fps when it's biggest competition is Mario Kart.

To be fair, Mario Kart's graphics have always been the bare minimum. SASR has tons and tons of things going on.

To be fair, Nintendo got it right by putting performance and gameplay first over graphics. Sega put their priorities in the wrong place.

Sega prioritized solid track design and fair mechanics over party gimmicks like the blue shell.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#56ILikesCheesePosted 12/5/2012 11:06:19 AM
The (flying) blue shell alone does not tip the scales.

Track design is merely okay in Sonic Transformed. Nothing in any specific track truly stands out. I could play the same track in a Mario Kart game five times and begin to get the layout and feel for how the track works due to "landmarks". I can play the same track 20 times in Sonic and still be clueless as to when and where the next turn is.

I do wish Nintendo would bring back the MK 64 Blue Shell though. That was fun.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#57TrueBlue91Posted 12/5/2012 11:30:51 AM
ILikesCheese posted...

I could play the same track in a Mario Kart game five times and begin to get the layout and feel for how the track works due to "landmarks". I can play the same track 20 times in Sonic and still be clueless as to when and where the next turn is.

Major exaggeration aside, this is a good thing. Mario Kart's tracks get stale and repetitive much faster, while All Stars' dynamic tracks are constantly thrilling and engaging.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#58StopthinkPosted 12/5/2012 11:35:48 AM
ILikesCheese posted...

Track design is merely okay in Sonic Transformed. Nothing in any specific track truly stands out. I could play the same track in a Mario Kart game five times and begin to get the layout and feel for how the track works due to "landmarks". I can play the same track 20 times in Sonic and still be clueless as to when and where the next turn is.

No more opinion for you
---
imo for the tight asses
#59ILikesCheesePosted 12/5/2012 11:44:16 AM
Stopthink posted...
ILikesCheese posted...

No more opinion for you

Oh boo hoo. You disagree with me. How will I make it through the day?
---
#60teknic1200Posted 12/5/2012 11:50:48 AM
It's pretty sweet but it could use some more polish. The patch yesterday was nice, there' s no reason not to get the game now.

I have a blast playing it, it's more balanced than mario kart but it annoys me when you get stuck in flight mode. You shouldn't have places you can get stuck for 30+ seconds on the course imho.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday