So Xbox 720 6x as powerful as Wii U plus cost 2x plus as much as Wii U?

#31baconcow1812Posted 12/3/2012 11:05:15 PM
6x as powerful as the WiiU, but still half as powerful as my current computer... boring.
---
"the hell!?"
#32Robot_SoopaPosted 12/3/2012 11:07:14 PM
I've said from the beginning that Sony and Microsoft making a significantly more powerful console will be the stupidest move they can make.

They'll either sell at a loss or sell so high that we get a repeat of 599 US DOLLARS and everybody flocks to the Wii U.

The tech is just too expensive and this point and you'd think they'd learn from the success of the Wii that they don't need to go balls to the wall with the technology.
#33BigJon1448Posted 12/3/2012 11:11:33 PM
Caanimal posted...
I just love how people are calling the Wii U "next gen" when numbers wise (CPU/GPU power, capabilities, etc. etc. etc.) it BARELY surpasses "last (or more like CURRENT) gen)" systems. If anything Nintendo is 7-8 years BEHIND Sony and micro&soft.

It was next gen before it released, now it's current gen. And the PS4/720 will be current gen.

Generations are not dictated by power and if you believe that, then you must have started paying attention to the gaming industry fairly recently. If the next generation of people (whom aren't born yet) are dumber than the last generation and don't progress past the previous generation., does that mean that they are part of the last generation?

Wii was 7th gen, just like its HD counterparts.
Wii U is 8th gen.

People need to learn to deal with that.
---
If you loved the old GOOD wrestling games, give support:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/920076-wwe-day-of-reckoning
#34Woozle_WuzzlePosted 12/4/2012 12:30:14 AM
DTY3 posted...
Woozle_Wuzzle posted...
knightimex posted...
No matter what Xbox does nintendo will Win either now or later.

If MS sells at a deep loss then they'll be stuck with that console for 8+ years.
Only to be forced to face the next gen Nintendo console that will probably use tech several years newer than what 720 uses.

Or

Sell the console at a high price only to get dominated by Wii U being the MUCH MUCH cheaper console.

MS is screwed either way.

God u r a noob. Explain how nintendo joining the current gen consoles 7 years late is gonna cause Microsoft to fail when they produce a much more powerful console in the next year or two. Or r u such a noob that u thought the Wii u is a next gen console ahead of ps3/360???

LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I'm not taking sides or anything, but you post like a 12 year old CoD-head.

cant u fanboy noobs argue what I said instead of just makin laughable attempts at insults? Oh thats right Wii u is a fail so u cant argue against that. Even TC ran away cryin.

LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL
#35C810Posted 12/4/2012 12:39:17 AM
BigJon1448 posted...
Caanimal posted...
I just love how people are calling the Wii U "next gen" when numbers wise (CPU/GPU power, capabilities, etc. etc. etc.) it BARELY surpasses "last (or more like CURRENT) gen)" systems. If anything Nintendo is 7-8 years BEHIND Sony and micro&soft.

It was next gen before it released, now it's current gen. And the PS4/720 will be current gen.

Generations are not dictated by power and if you believe that, then you must have started paying attention to the gaming industry fairly recently. If the next generation of people (whom aren't born yet) are dumber than the last generation and don't progress past the previous generation., does that mean that they are part of the last generation?

Wii was 7th gen, just like its HD counterparts.
Wii U is 8th gen.

People need to learn to deal with that.

Dude, just so much yes. I don't know why people can't comprehend the fact that when a new console is released, that marks the beginning of a new generation. Regardless of specs or make
---
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron
#36DynheartPosted 12/4/2012 1:32:40 AM
Is that the projection? 6 times? If so, the sting wont be so bad. I think the PS4 will be somewhere in the middle; 3-4 times.

So the question is...where do these resources go? The 1080p 60fps standard to start with?

I see this happening.

720 as the parent console 1080p 60fps
PS4 Port 1080p 60fps toned down graphics
Wii U Port 720p 60fps toned down graphics

This, of course, would be a perfect world. And if the article I read that this projection is coming from is of any indication...they said the 720 would be upward to 6 times. So it seems to be a target, but not set in stone.

Seems to be up in the air.

I'm all for getting the best for all 3 systems...but I'm all for getting the best out of my gaming experience too. I don't wish for any system to fail, or to miss out of 3rd party support.

Is what it is, though. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#37STE573Posted 12/4/2012 2:40:05 AM
Stopped reading when I noticed TCs name...
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)
#38mjc0961Posted 12/4/2012 2:51:54 AM
knightimex posted...
I don't know how Wii U can compete with $599.99.+

Because http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdHeCcwUeBk
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#39RetroFanGirlPosted 12/4/2012 3:35:03 AM
Will we have to go through 6x as many Xboxes as we do Wii U's as well?
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77
#40FoppePosted 12/4/2012 3:35:12 AM
baconcow1812 posted...
6x as powerful as the WiiU, but still half as powerful as my current computer... boring.

Indeed, they should use PC technology from 10 years into the future and release it for $250.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC