How come casual gamers don't know the difference between a Wii and a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How come casual gamers don't know the difference between a Wii and a Wii U?

User Info: TheRaging_Gamer

TheRaging_Gamer
4 years ago#1
Why is this? There is a difference in the name. The games are in a blue case instead of white like Wii. The controller is different. The games look like current generation games. I don't get how someone can get the two systems confused.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#2
I think casual gamers can't tell the difference between any console as they will fir whatever reason assume a console with a new name is just an updated console and not a new one.
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail

User Info: MANTI5

MANTI5
4 years ago#3
How come casual tv watchers don't know the difference between 1080i and 1080p, or checkerboard vs side by side/top and bottom 3d, or hdmi 1.2 vs the newer versions, or etc?

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
4 years ago#4
How come Nintendo decided to just stick a U on the end of their existing console, and focus on the gamepad to make people think that it's just an add-on to the original Wii?
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: Golden Maven

Golden Maven
4 years ago#5
MANTI5 posted...
How come casual tv watchers don't know the difference between 1080i and 1080p, or checkerboard vs side by side/top and bottom 3d, or hdmi 1.2 vs the newer versions, or etc?

And most people here don't understand anything about business, finances, hardware specs, and most importantly common sense.

User Info: MANTI5

MANTI5
4 years ago#6
Or how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

User Info: Gdboyratedloud

Gdboyratedloud
4 years ago#7
how do you know that they dnt knw?
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.

User Info: paleselan

paleselan
4 years ago#8
Exactly, it's not just Nintendo. Casual gamers can't tell the difference b/w anything. I saw one person say "The last game I played on the Wii was Kinectimals." I couldn't stop laughing. My dad also calls my Gamecube a "Gamebox."

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#9
Buretsu posted...
How come Nintendo decided to just stick a U on the end of their existing console, and focus on the gamepad to make people think that it's just an add-on to the original Wii?

Same could be said about the entire Playstation line tbh
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 years ago#10
paleselan posted...
Exactly, it's not just Nintendo. Casual gamers can't tell the difference b/w anything. I saw one person say "The last game I played on the Wii was Kinectimals." I couldn't stop laughing. My dad also calls my Gamecube a "Gamebox."

...that reminds me of some conversations I had with female classmates. She had a tough time keeping the Wii and 360 (Kinect) apart as well.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How come casual gamers don't know the difference between a Wii and a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived