How come casual gamers don't know the difference between a Wii and a Wii U?

#1TheRaging_GamerPosted 12/3/2012 10:10:38 PM
Why is this? There is a difference in the name. The games are in a blue case instead of white like Wii. The controller is different. The games look like current generation games. I don't get how someone can get the two systems confused.
#2Baha05Posted 12/3/2012 10:12:17 PM
I think casual gamers can't tell the difference between any console as they will fir whatever reason assume a console with a new name is just an updated console and not a new one.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#3MANTI5Posted 12/3/2012 10:14:52 PM
How come casual tv watchers don't know the difference between 1080i and 1080p, or checkerboard vs side by side/top and bottom 3d, or hdmi 1.2 vs the newer versions, or etc?
#4BuretsuPosted 12/3/2012 10:16:08 PM
How come Nintendo decided to just stick a U on the end of their existing console, and focus on the gamepad to make people think that it's just an add-on to the original Wii?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5Golden MavenPosted 12/3/2012 10:17:39 PM
MANTI5 posted...
How come casual tv watchers don't know the difference between 1080i and 1080p, or checkerboard vs side by side/top and bottom 3d, or hdmi 1.2 vs the newer versions, or etc?

And most people here don't understand anything about business, finances, hardware specs, and most importantly common sense.
#6MANTI5Posted 12/3/2012 10:19:27 PM
Or how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
#7GdboyratedloudPosted 12/3/2012 10:20:34 PM
how do you know that they dnt knw?
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#8paleselanPosted 12/3/2012 10:21:16 PM
Exactly, it's not just Nintendo. Casual gamers can't tell the difference b/w anything. I saw one person say "The last game I played on the Wii was Kinectimals." I couldn't stop laughing. My dad also calls my Gamecube a "Gamebox."
#9Baha05Posted 12/3/2012 10:21:34 PM
Buretsu posted...
How come Nintendo decided to just stick a U on the end of their existing console, and focus on the gamepad to make people think that it's just an add-on to the original Wii?

Same could be said about the entire Playstation line tbh
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#10nonexistingheroPosted 12/3/2012 10:29:42 PM
paleselan posted...
Exactly, it's not just Nintendo. Casual gamers can't tell the difference b/w anything. I saw one person say "The last game I played on the Wii was Kinectimals." I couldn't stop laughing. My dad also calls my Gamecube a "Gamebox."

...that reminds me of some conversations I had with female classmates. She had a tough time keeping the Wii and 360 (Kinect) apart as well.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.