The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Precise WiiU CPU GPU details

#1looolrogPosted 12/3/2012 10:39:34 PM
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/wii-u-cpu-gpu-details-uncovered

"Wii U has more in common with Wii (and by extension the GameCube) than current gen counterparts like Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. To that end, Marcan notes that directly comparing clock speeds as apples to apples isn't entirely logical. Calling Wii U 'Espresso' CPU "similar to Wii's 'Broadway' [CPU]," Marcan broke down the chip as having three cores (compared to Wii's one), with each clocking at a very precise 1.243125GHz (compared to Wii's 729 MHz and GameCube's 485 MHz) and capable of running one thread of data at a time.

For reference, the 360 and PS3 CPUs run around 3.0 GHz, albeit carrying different core and thread capabilities. Eurogamer effectively called the difference a "wash," noting the 360 processes threads of information at approximately 1.6 GHz. Marcan also noted he thought Wii U's core design was "saner" compared to the 360 and PS3.

Meanwhile the GPU powering Wii U carries the codename 'Latte', and runs at a speed of 549.999755MHz. Wii's 'Hollywood' GPU clocked at 243 MHz, and the GameCube, 162 MHz. The Xbox 360 GPU speed is 550 MHz.

That's a lot of numbers, but it's safe to say that more and more evidence is placing Wii U alongside Xbox 360 and PS3 versus a drastic leap over the current generation. Developers are definitely coming to terms with what Nintendo's new system will be capable of, but it's also clear that Nintendo's divergent approach has once again focused on finding innovation in control and software versus attempting to compete in terms of raw power. As Marcan concluded, "...don't compare [Wii U] clock per clock with a 360 and claim it's much worse. It isn't."

Not even as powerful as the 360, smh

Men lie, numbers don't.
---
Getting bodied is what I do.
#2BuretsuPosted 12/3/2012 10:44:19 PM
looolrog posted...
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/wii-u-cpu-gpu-details-uncovered

"Wii U has more in common with Wii (and by extension the GameCube) than current gen counterparts like Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. To that end, Marcan notes that directly comparing clock speeds as apples to apples isn't entirely logical. Calling Wii U 'Espresso' CPU "similar to Wii's 'Broadway' [CPU]," Marcan broke down the chip as having three cores (compared to Wii's one), with each clocking at a very precise 1.243125GHz (compared to Wii's 729 MHz and GameCube's 485 MHz) and capable of running one thread of data at a time.

For reference, the 360 and PS3 CPUs run around 3.0 GHz, albeit carrying different core and thread capabilities. Eurogamer effectively called the difference a "wash," noting the 360 processes threads of information at approximately 1.6 GHz. Marcan also noted he thought Wii U's core design was "saner" compared to the 360 and PS3.

Meanwhile the GPU powering Wii U carries the codename 'Latte', and runs at a speed of 549.999755MHz. Wii's 'Hollywood' GPU clocked at 243 MHz, and the GameCube, 162 MHz. The Xbox 360 GPU speed is 550 MHz.

That's a lot of numbers, but it's safe to say that more and more evidence is placing Wii U alongside Xbox 360 and PS3 versus a drastic leap over the current generation. Developers are definitely coming to terms with what Nintendo's new system will be capable of, but it's also clear that Nintendo's divergent approach has once again focused on finding innovation in control and software versus attempting to compete in terms of raw power. As Marcan concluded, "...don't compare [Wii U] clock per clock with a 360 and claim it's much worse. It isn't."

Men lie, numbers don't.

Men lie about numbers.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3JonnyBigBossPosted 12/3/2012 10:47:32 PM
Get a PC and STFU.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
Steam & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#4DaLaggaPosted 12/3/2012 10:47:50 PM
Buretsu posted...
Men lie about numbers.

Only when they have a reason to and Marcan doesn't.
#5vidalmorazaPosted 12/3/2012 10:48:26 PM
The numbers Mason!!!!
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#6BuretsuPosted 12/3/2012 10:52:26 PM
DaLagga posted...
Buretsu posted...
Men lie about numbers.

You know him personally?

Also:

Reading comprehension. Do you has? Let's see, the differences between the CPUs is "a wash". In other words, they're right about equal. And so is the GPU. And Marcan himself said "...don't compare [Wii U] clock per clock with a 360 and claim it's much worse. It isn't."
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7nilesthebravePosted 12/3/2012 10:53:21 PM
So you read the article and that was the conclusion you drew?

First you damn kids don't want to learn math, now you damn kids can't damning read dammit!
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#8looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:55:38 PM
Buretsu posted...
DaLagga posted...
Buretsu posted...
Men lie about numbers.

You know him personally?

Also:

Reading comprehension. Do you has? Let's see, the differences between the CPUs is "a wash". In other words, they're right about equal. And so is the GPU. And Marcan himself said "...don't compare [Wii U] clock per clock with a 360 and claim it's much worse. It isn't."

lol, fail.

Stopped right there.
---
Getting bodied is what I do.
#9Xenesis XenonPosted 12/3/2012 10:55:53 PM
Numbers in terms of CPU Clock speeds haven't meant anything outside revisions of the same architectures for many, many years.

PowerPC is very different to Intel and AMD. Always has been :/
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#10BuretsuPosted 12/3/2012 10:56:44 PM
looolrog posted...
Buretsu posted...
DaLagga posted...
Buretsu posted...
Men lie about numbers.

You know him personally?

Also:

lol, fail.

Stopped right there.

Of course you did. Because the rest was me calling you out for being mostly illiterate.
---