Precise WiiU CPU GPU details

#171Ambassador_KongPosted 12/4/2012 7:43:39 AM
looolrog posted...
Ambassador_Kong posted...
looolrog posted...
No response, mod alt confirmed.

A new user troll account is arguing with Pandaman who has been here forever. I got to admit that your act is pretty funny (I can't believe so many people are arguing with you), but an alt account trying to accuse another person of using an alt is going just a little too far.

Subtlety is the ultimate skill of a true troll. You have much to learn, Grasshopper.

So you admit to being a troll, since you're trying to school me on the principles of trolling?

tbh, I'd make an awful troll, I'm just too honest with people and my universe is filled with rainbows, butterflies and beautiful golden sunsets.

Well, you could check my posting history and judge for yourself if I am a troll or not. I know many of the folks on the Vita board would say I troll, but I am not sure how stating the "facts" about Sony and their inability to sell the Vita is trolling.

I can't speak to this thread one way or another because I don't know anything about CPUs or GPUs of clock speeds and I don't really care. That said, your posts come across as being the work of a megalomaniac (I'm the smartest blah, bah, blah) and therefore lack the necessary subtlety of proper trolling. If you have facts on your side, you don't need to troll.

Being right is the best way to win an argument.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#172GigagreymonPosted 12/4/2012 7:55:22 AM
How did this thread get nearly 200 posts
#173JonnyBigBossPosted 12/4/2012 8:00:41 AM
The funniest thing in this thread are the people that think a GPU's clok speed is a major factor. Lol that's hilarious.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
Steam & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#174shaunmePosted 12/4/2012 8:02:29 AM
JonnyBigBoss posted...
The funniest thing in this thread are the people that think a GPU's clok speed is a major factor. Lol that's hilarious.

well a higher clockspeed can give better performance, ever heard of OVERCLCKING .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#1751shadetail1Posted 12/4/2012 8:05:50 AM
I don't know who's more stupid: the troll or the people who are feeding him. If you lot would *ignore* TC instead of giving him the attention he craves, he'd stop trolling. Instead, he's winning by default because you're all giving him exactly what he wants.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#176looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:26:11 AM
looolrog posted...
looolrog posted...

A new user troll account is arguing with Pandaman who has been here forever. I got to admit that your act is pretty funny (I can't believe so many people are arguing with you), but an alt account trying to accuse another person of using an alt is going just a little too far.

Subtlety is the ultimate skill of a true troll. You have much to learn, Grasshopper.

So you admit to being a troll, since you're trying to school me on the principles of trolling?

tbh, I'd make an awful troll, I'm just too honest with people and my universe is filled with rainbows, butterflies and beautiful golden sunsets.

Well, you could check my posting history and judge for yourself if I am a troll or not. I know many of the folks on the Vita board would say I troll, but I am not sure how stating the "facts" about Sony and their inability to sell the Vita is trolling.

I can't speak to this thread one way or another because I don't know anything about CPUs or GPUs of clock speeds and I don't really care. That said, your posts come across as being the work of a megalomaniac (I'm the smartest blah, bah, blah) and therefore lack the necessary subtlety of proper trolling. If you have facts on your side, you don't need to troll.

I feel sorry for you. I want to be of help, I tell you what, if you go into any charity store in 2015 and utter these words "Chicken GRAVY, ITS SOOOOO TASTY" out loud precisely, a man will magically appear in front of you and offer you a copy of my finished autobiography.
It will help you understand the burdens I've suffered from, being so much better than everyone.
---
Getting bodied is what I do.
#177looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:27:48 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
I don't know who's more stupid: the troll or the people who are feeding him. If you lot would *ignore* TC instead of giving him the attention he craves, he'd stop trolling. Instead, he's winning by default because you're all giving him exactly what he wants.

Are you the troll, in this equation, or what? I'm having difficulties, understanding your logic.
---
#178looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:30:46 AM
Gigagreymon posted...
How did this thread get nearly 200 posts

Trolls keep fighting and I keep bagging them.

It should've ended, when one of them failed, to provide me a source or link to their arguments, but they kept coming back with alts and backup.
---
#179IanNottinghamXPosted 12/4/2012 8:50:58 AM
looolrog posted...
IanNottinghamX posted...
looolrog posted...
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/wii-u-cpu-gpu-details-uncovered

"Wii U has more in common with Wii (and by extension the GameCube) than current gen counterparts like Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. To that end, Marcan notes that directly comparing clock speeds as apples to apples isn't entirely logical. Calling Wii U 'Espresso' CPU "similar to Wii's 'Broadway' [CPU]," Marcan broke down the chip as having three cores (compared to Wii's one), with each clocking at a very precise 1.243125GHz (compared to Wii's 729 MHz and GameCube's 485 MHz) and capable of running one thread of data at a time.

For reference, the 360 and PS3 CPUs run around 3.0 GHz, albeit carrying different core and thread capabilities. Eurogamer effectively called the difference a "wash," noting the 360 processes threads of information at approximately 1.6 GHz. Marcan also noted he thought Wii U's core design was "saner" compared to the 360 and PS3.

Meanwhile the GPU powering Wii U carries the codename 'Latte', and runs at a speed of 549.999755MHz. Wii's 'Hollywood' GPU clocked at 243 MHz, and the GameCube, 162 MHz. The Xbox 360 GPU speed is 550 MHz.

That's a lot of numbers, but it's safe to say that more and more evidence is placing Wii U alongside Xbox 360 and PS3 versus a drastic leap over the current generation. Developers are definitely coming to terms with what Nintendo's new system will be capable of, but it's also clear that Nintendo's divergent approach has once again focused on finding innovation in control and software versus attempting to compete in terms of raw power. As Marcan concluded, "...don't compare [Wii U] clock per clock with a 360 and claim it's much worse. It isn't."

Not even as powerful as the 360, smh

Men lie, numbers don't.

I read this long ago..people think they are tech experts now and talk about specs those arent specs but rates of speed....it talks about mhz...mhz in what context? It compares Wii-u rate of speed to Xbox/ps3. But that isnt the only consideration. The big consideration is HOW OLD IS THE TECH?! you can have a 2005 piece of tech that runs at a rate of 400mhz and one today that runs at 300 mhz, which is faster? the 300 mhz because those numbers dont account for how old the chipset is and how much more efficient it runs for todays standards. So all of that nonsense about cpu clock rates are irrelevant unless we know of exactly what Cpu it is and how powerful it is(none of which has been determined by anyone so far only speculators). So please this info is not info its just a gaming website trying to jock for position by claiming they have into noone else has...Ill trust 1up.com a little better than Ign anyway....cause they at least have a longer track record.

Inferior ports aren't a clue?

Remember....Anything is possible on proprietary hardware...look at the ps3 thats an example of a machine that doesnt use an everyday cpu(the Cell cpu,which at its benchmark can be faster than the Xbox 360s cpu), so it cant really even be compared to the Xbox 360 for instance(which uses a more conventional board/cpu/gpu).usb ports dont say anything for all we know the Wii-U could be using a mid-tier board(for expense sake). If you want to speculate I would say its running 2 different cpus (1 in the system and 1 in the gamepad,otherwise how would it be able to quickly stream and swap content from the contrroller to the TV on the fly the way it does).Its clearly running proprietary hardware that runs unique to its functions.....
---
Bd:AS FC 2407-8656-4589
#180Ambassador_KongPosted 12/4/2012 9:17:54 AM
looolrog posted...
looolrog posted...
looolrog posted...

I feel sorry for you. I want to be of help, I tell you what, if you go into any charity store in 2015 and utter these words "Chicken GRAVY, ITS SOOOOO TASTY" out loud precisely, a man will magically appear in front of you and offer you a copy of my finished autobiography.
It will help you understand the burdens I've suffered from, being so much better than everyone.

Ha, ha, I feel you pain. I often find that I am surrounded by idiots hence the quote on my posts. It is a hard burden to bear, but someone has to be the smartest person in the room. Sadly, it is usually me and I don't think I am that smart. What does that say about the rest of the world?
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.