Precise WiiU CPU GPU details

#201Simon_IsturizPosted 12/7/2012 1:21:44 AM
Right, how foolish of me.
#202Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 12/7/2012 9:15:13 AM
looolrog posted...

lol, so you just, logged into your main account, just to make a quick, snappy, comeback, 'cause I just bagged your other alts and sold them for freeee?

Now who's getting stuffed? Huh?

Awww, someone needs a hug, to get some of that fluff out.

Unlike you Mr. Sock Puppet, I don't feel the need to troll. Ergo I don't need other accounts, much like the one you are using, to save the main one the risk of being banned.

looolrog posted...
JKatarn posted...
This thread makes me envision a bunch of awkward teenagers and manchildren in a clearly too small sandbox endlessly whining and kicking sand at each other. Man...some of you need to get off of this forum and get some fresh air...yeesh.

Thank you, it's like some people here, were born in caves (trolls) and they never went to english class, let alone school. I try helping, trolls respond by mocking my superior intellect. I clearly have the insider's insight, as to what's wrong with the world, but trolls STILL want to argue and watch it blow up while I try my best to be superman.

So funny that the 'man' with all the answers seems to spend so much time on a video game message board. I'm sure your helping make the world a better place, one post at a time.

lolrag:>using commas

Sweet, delicious irony.

You forgot the part, where I'm pulling your strings, like a puppeteer.

Good doll.

I'm glad you fantasize other users as dolls. Good to know. Keep it up little marionette.

Except we aren't talking PCs, we are talking consoles.

Does WiiU even have a i5 processor?

Complete failpost

Glad you described what your post was at the end. And the same rule applies to consoles. Unless you think the Gameboy Color's 8-bit Zilog Z80@8 MHz is superior to the Snes's 3.58 MHz 5A22 CPU.

And of course the Wii U doesn't have an i5 or anything of the sort. Would be nice if it did have something that powerful.

And please, feel free to keep up the "Better than thou gimmick". It's never been done by anyone before, and does an excellent job of covering up your inferiority complex.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#203Chan TanakaPosted 12/7/2012 9:53:51 AM
looolrog posted...
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/wii-u-cpu-gpu-details-uncovered

"Wii U has more in common with Wii (and by extension the GameCube) than current gen counterparts like Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. To that end, Marcan notes that directly comparing clock speeds as apples to apples isn't entirely logical. Calling Wii U 'Espresso' CPU "similar to Wii's 'Broadway' [CPU]," Marcan broke down the chip as having three cores (compared to Wii's one), with each clocking at a very precise 1.243125GHz (compared to Wii's 729 MHz and GameCube's 485 MHz) and capable of running one thread of data at a time.

For reference, the 360 and PS3 CPUs run around 3.0 GHz, albeit carrying different core and thread capabilities. Eurogamer effectively called the difference a "wash," noting the 360 processes threads of information at approximately 1.6 GHz. Marcan also noted he thought Wii U's core design was "saner" compared to the 360 and PS3.

Meanwhile the GPU powering Wii U carries the codename 'Latte', and runs at a speed of 549.999755MHz. Wii's 'Hollywood' GPU clocked at 243 MHz, and the GameCube, 162 MHz. The Xbox 360 GPU speed is 550 MHz.

That's a lot of numbers, but it's safe to say that more and more evidence is placing Wii U alongside Xbox 360 and PS3 versus a drastic leap over the current generation. Developers are definitely coming to terms with what Nintendo's new system will be capable of, but it's also clear that Nintendo's divergent approach has once again focused on finding innovation in control and software versus attempting to compete in terms of raw power. As Marcan concluded, "...don't compare [Wii U] clock per clock with a 360 and claim it's much worse. It isn't."

Not even as powerful as the 360, smh

Men lie, numbers don't.

reassurance topic
---
Video Games do not make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees.
#204Shinobi120Posted 12/7/2012 12:47:14 PM
Wow, TC has proven that he's made a big fool out of himself to everybody. LOL.
#205pearl arowanaPosted 12/7/2012 9:50:24 PM
newsflash... in the mean time some game run better on ps3/360 than wii u.
why or why..

oh wait.. this 'new' architecture' is an extension of very old,weak. crappy wii architecture..
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#206Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 12/8/2012 6:36:15 AM
pearl arowana posted...
why or why..

oh wait.. this 'new' architecture' is an extension of very old,weak. crappy wii architecture..

Do you have anything new to complain about, or are you going to keep parroting the same old tired things?
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#207Spade59Posted 12/8/2012 6:40:25 AM
TC must have prepared his sig for this topic.
#208bigjclassicPosted 12/8/2012 8:03:12 AM
Thanks to all for this hilarious topic. I am pretty rational on here but both sides are fanning the flames so to speak.

The Wii U's CPU/GPU are based on newer hardware than that of the 7th gen HD twins, and was built to run better than them. Like another poster said, the feature sets on the Wii U GPU is the "X-factor" that people need to be aware of.

The ports that are currently out on the U shows promise, they perform admirably given the time they had to pump these games out. Once devs understand the CPU, then we should see better results.

TC's gimmick is awesome and I am not a fan of "trolls", however ignoring them takes all the fun away from Gfaqs. This is one of the best places for comedy on the interwebs.

So in closing, the U will be fine. No doom or gloom needed for the Super DreamWii 64 (lol).
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence
#209looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:19:01 AM
The trolls in this topic are hilarious.

Sequence of events in topic:

Trolls get burn't
Trolls claim, I'm the one burning
Trolls,get pwn't by fire

Trolls reincarnate themselves in alts
Troll claim, I got pwn't in flame
Ad nauseam

It's actually, quite poetic.
---
Getting bodied is what I do.
#210BigAl519Posted 12/8/2012 11:20:15 AM
Lord_of_BeefDip posted...
pearl arowana posted...
why or why..

Do you have anything new to complain about, or are you going to keep parroting the same old tired things?

Bah, just hand him a cracker and he will leave.
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!