Precise WiiU CPU GPU details

#61DynheartPosted 12/4/2012 1:14:25 AM
Solis posted...
looolrog posted...
For reference, the 360 and PS3 CPUs run around 3.0 GHz, albeit carrying different core and thread capabilities. Eurogamer effectively called the difference a "wash," noting the 360 processes threads of information at approximately 1.6 GHz. Marcan also noted he thought Wii U's core design was "saner" compared to the 360 and PS3.

Ugh, no no no no. First off, it's not "around 3.0GHz, it's 3.2GHz. Why they decided to list the Wii U CPU's supposed clockrate down to the sixth decimal place yet decided not to accurately list the speed of the Xbox 360/PS3's CPUs which have been known for well over half a decade is beyond me.

Secondly, you do NOT divide the clockrate by the number of hardware threads each core supports. The entire point of having multiple hardware threads is that both tasks can run simultaneously and, with the proper work load, process each far more efficiently than if they were both part of the same thread. Even if they did go by that rather ridiculous notion that clockrate is divided by hardware threads, that would still mean the Xbox 360 is capable of processing 6 threads at "1.6ghz" each as compared to 3 threads on the Wii U at 1.24ghz eahc.

Regardless, unless we actually know PRECISE details (and not just general statistics such as clockspeeds), we won't have a very accurate idea of just what the performance difference is between the systems. There's certainly more to capabilities than just clockrates, as the difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3's GPUs should show.

Exactly what I was trying to say. As numbers has shrunk over the last 5 years, it's going to be hard to compare.

It's going to be about the feature sets this little this offers. We don't know! It's all custom.

Like I said earlier. Play the games and watch it unravel.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#62DynheartPosted 12/4/2012 1:19:18 AM(edited)
looolrog posted...
Dynheart posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Sucks that the Wii U is at best slightly more powerful than the 360/PS3. This really is a recreate of the Wii...

Oh, hey. An ***hat.

Disappear.

How am I being an ass-hat?

Let's just say your reputation precedes you.

It's your type of thread, Dunwich. Once you enter, the thread turns to crap...like it isn't there already. It doesn't need to get worse. And your first post? Just you post facts, right?

I edited my post anyway.

About that link...

There are no links!

I am not linking common computer knowledge to you. Find your own ****. Quit being lazy.

Here I'll get you started: www.google.com

If you don't believe a damn word I said? Look it up! You'll find out it's all true.

...link. It would be about 6-7 links. No thanks.

If you still don't want to look it up? You're own damn fault. Honestly? I have no idea why I bothered debating with you. Seems like a waste of time. Consider me done. Have fun pis*ing people off.

---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#63looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:17:57 AM
Solis posted...
looolrog posted...
For reference, the 360 and PS3 CPUs run around 3.0 GHz, albeit carrying different core and thread capabilities. Eurogamer effectively called the difference a "wash," noting the 360 processes threads of information at approximately 1.6 GHz. Marcan also noted he thought Wii U's core design was "saner" compared to the 360 and PS3.

Ugh, no no no no. First off, it's not "around 3.0GHz, it's 3.2GHz. Why they decided to list the Wii U CPU's supposed clockrate down to the sixth decimal place yet decided not to accurately list the speed of the Xbox 360/PS3's CPUs which have been known for well over half a decade is beyond me.

Secondly, you do NOT divide the clockrate by the number of hardware threads each core supports. The entire point of having multiple hardware threads is that both tasks can run simultaneously and, with the proper work load, process each far more efficiently than if they were both part of the same thread. Even if they did go by that rather ridiculous notion that clockrate is divided by hardware threads, that would still mean the Xbox 360 is capable of processing 6 threads at "1.6ghz" each as compared to 3 threads on the Wii U at 1.24ghz eahc.

Regardless, unless we actually know PRECISE details (and not just general statistics such as clockspeeds), we won't have a very accurate idea of just what the performance difference is between the systems. There's certainly more to capabilities than just clockrates, as the difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3's GPUs should show.

Its a shame, non of the games on the WiiU's library roster can add weight to what you're saying, EVEN first party titles. No glimpse into next gen, nothing... but lies.
---
Getting bodied is what I do.
#64MANTI5Posted 12/4/2012 1:20:08 AM
If nothing else, the fact the U can run directx11 type stuff says a bit about the gpu. No matter what you think of the rest of the hardware, the ps360 can't do that.
#65BuretsuPosted 12/4/2012 1:20:10 AM
Such a blind little troll.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#66looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:22:33 AM

There are no links!

I am not linking common computer knowledge to you. Find your own ****. Quit being lazy.

Here I'll get you started: www.google.com

If you don't believe a damn word I said? Look it up! You'll find out it's all true.

...link. It would be about 6-7 links. No thanks.

That's not how it works, lol

The burden of proof is on the accuser.
You made the claims, so now, you need to provide proof or your argument loses all its weight and the case is dismissed.
---
#67PG50Posted 12/4/2012 1:22:34 AM
Why are you bothering with this guy? This guy is either 12, incredibly stupid, or a troll. I highly doubt you'll be able to set him straight. Some trolls are fun to fight with, but this guy is just sad and pathetic. Who am I referring to? take your pick.
#68looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:25:46 AM
PG50 posted...
Why are you bothering with this guy? This guy is either 12, incredibly stupid, or a troll. I highly doubt you'll be able to set him straight. Some trolls are fun to fight with, but this guy is just sad and pathetic. Who am I referring to? take your pick.

I ask myself, this question everyday when I see trolls post in topics, I lurk in. Though, trolls are never fun to fight as it always ends with a messy ending.
---
#69DTY3Posted 12/4/2012 1:27:34 AM
looolrog posted...
Sucks that the Wii U is at best slightly more powerful than the 360/PS3. This really is a recreate of the Wii...

You're right, it's just a shame that some people are blinded by fanboyism and refuse to acknowledge the truth with its grim reality.

But you just said it was less powerful...

The shame here is that you didn't even read your own link.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#70looolrog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:28:49 AM
Lord, why did you curse me with superior intellect?

I feel so lonely, in this world...
---