Wii U is what the Wii should have been at launch back in 2005

#31AstralFrostPosted 12/4/2012 2:45:11 AM
Gencoil posted...
AstralFrost posted...
Well I see TC making a discussion whereas people like you are just raging about it. If you actually had some reasoning beyond "OMG HE DOESNT LIKE MY SYSTEM" maybe people would listen.

The problem is, every time someone disagrees with him he calls them a fanboy and he always uses this really condescending, smug tone. I can't discuss with people like that. And this isn't the first time he's attempted to start a discussion about how much the Wii U sucks, he just keeps doing it to edge people on.

Noted, but by the same token I feel the Vita is what the PSP should have been for instance, so I can see TC's point of view. I doubt I'd get raged at for posting the same thing on the Vita boards, and they're pretty sensitive. Not really sure why it would be taken differently here.
#32AstralFrostPosted 12/4/2012 2:47:03 AM
STE573 posted...
If this system was released in 2006 it eould have cost upwards of PS3 prices. Doing it 6 years later is Nintendos playing safe strategy at it's most intrusive I do believe.

Well the Wii was marketed more at casuals and they don't know or care about things like great graphics or some leet controller. Most of the people who bought the Wii were satisfied with having something to swing around to get fit. Now that the Wii U has (seemingly) aimed at a different target market we'll have to wait and see what the results will be.
#33Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:58:51 AM
Sadly I can't have a normal conversation on this board without the fantrolls coming in.
#34BuretsuPosted 12/4/2012 3:00:52 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Sadly I can't have a normal conversation on this board without the fantrolls coming in.

Poor icecream. This board would be so much easier for you if everybody either agreed with you or didn't say anything at all, like you want them to.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#35squatch22Posted 12/4/2012 3:11:47 AM
Buretsu posted...

Poor icecream. This board would be so much easier for you if everybody either agreed with you or didn't say anything at all, like you want them to.

Lol
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#36Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:12:59 AM

Who said that?
#37ZodrynPosted 12/4/2012 3:13:48 AM
If Wii were this powerful in 2005, it would've been 699 US Dollars and larger than the PS3. And Nintendo would be financially unstable.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#38GencoilPosted 12/4/2012 3:22:50 AM
Zodryn posted...
If Wii were this powerful in 2005, it would've been 699 US Dollars and larger than the PS3. And Nintendo would be financially unstable.

He just fails to see Nintendo's strategy with Wii. It was an inexpensive machine made to ease in new people to gaming, people who previously had little interest in it.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#39Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:30:20 AM
Zodryn posted...

He just fails to see Nintendo's strategy with Wii. It was an inexpensive machine made to ease in new people to gaming, people who previously had little interest in it.

And judging by the Wii U sales it looks like it was a short term success.
#40TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/4/2012 3:31:24 AM
If the Wii U had launched in place of the Wii, Nintendo would have sold the most consoles and deserved to. We also wouldn't have the lame Move or Kinect...
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo