Wii U is what the Wii should have been at launch back in 2005

#41Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:33:02 AM
If the Wii U had launched in place of the Wii, Nintendo would have sold the most consoles and deserved to. We also wouldn't have the lame Move or Kinect...

Move and Kinect were in the works before the Wii, so we would still have them/
#42AstralFrostPosted 12/4/2012 2:34:36 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
If the Wii U had launched in place of the Wii, Nintendo would have sold the most consoles and deserved to. We also wouldn't have the lame Move or Kinect...

But it didn't and the Wii's sales were mostly from non gamers and that's why its library stank compared to the PS3 and 360.
#43AstralFrostPosted 12/4/2012 2:37:00 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Move and Kinect are better technology than the awful Wiimote anyway.
#44Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:37:52 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...

But it didn't and the Wii's sales were mostly from non gamers and that's why its library stank compared to the PS3 and 360.

Indeed, I almost feel bad for people that only owned a Wii last gen. They missed out on the large majority of the generation.
#45AstralFrostPosted 12/4/2012 2:39:15 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...

Indeed, I almost feel bad for people that only owned a Wii last gen. They missed out on the large majority of the generation.

Totally. Its the people who only owned a Wii last gen who are most impressed with the Wii U right now. For the rest of us that owned a 360 and PS3 we're all sitting around going "yep, already played these games..."
#46Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:40:01 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...

Totally. Its the people who only owned a Wii last gen who are most impressed with the Wii U right now. For the rest of us that owned a 360 and PS3 we're all sitting around going "yep, already played these games..."

Or PC. But yeah, nothing on the Wii U is impressive, graphically or gameplay wise.
#47sonicfanaticjtbPosted 12/4/2012 2:51:19 AM
AstralFrost posted...

Actually, from what I have read, the Kinect is laggier then the wiimote... And then there's the apparent issues with space...

Also, from what I read, the move has everything but the kitchen sink in it, so I'd be disappointed if it weren't technically superior to the wiimote...
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#48GencoilPosted 12/4/2012 3:06:44 AM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
Actually, from what I have read, the Kinect is laggier then the wiimote... And then there's the apparent issues with space...

Kinect is definitely laggier. You jump and the character on the screen jumps like a second later. It's also a much bigger hassle since the Kinect has to go through this registration thing every time there's a new player.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#49Oni_TaedoPosted 12/4/2012 3:37:49 AM
I used to be a Nintendo fanboy, but then the PS1 came out and I learned that Nintendo isn't the only great company that can make games.

Except there were no great games on the PS1, they all went to the Saturn.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#50Oni_TaedoPosted 12/4/2012 3:42:03 AM
AstralFrost posted...

As someone who has both a Wii and a PS Move, I find the Wiimotes are almost always as responsive as I need them to be.
It depends on the developer of the game.

The Move, is never responsive. I will do something, and then it will either register it as something else, never do it, or take a second to register. And yes, I calibrated it.

Needless to say, the Move is as responsive as the old wiimotes, if not less so.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.