Wii U is what the Wii should have been at launch back in 2005

#71MrBanballowPosted 12/4/2012 11:53:22 AM
I've wondered before if the tablet was the original plan for the Wii. Before they revealed anything about Wii, there was a Nintendo rep that said to look at the DS to get an idea of what they had up their sleeves for the new console. I think they were working on it, couldn't quite get it ready, and went with the Wiimote at the last minute.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#72BufkusPosted 12/4/2012 11:54:54 AM
They could have, but then it wouldn't have sold and people would have bought the PS3/360 instead.

People are quick to forget that the cheap price is one of the biggest reasons for the Wii's dominance over its competitors.
#73Natureboy99Posted 12/4/2012 11:58:38 AM
Yeah I wish WiiU was launched in 2006. The tablet controller idea would have been revolutionary back then. Today its kinda inferior to real tablets. Still love that Nintendo made it.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#74GM_Posted 12/4/2012 12:03:36 PM
Quote:Icecreamdunwich posted...
I used to be a Nintendo fanboy, but then the PS1 came out and I learned that Nintendo isn't the only great company that can make games.

That whole first generation of 3D gaming was horrible, especially the PS1 and 3DO (I owned both). I loved Symphony of the Night and a slim few other games but the PS1 was what led me to give up gaming for about 5 years.

I remember saying even back then... "who wants to play this pixelated, blocky crap, give me 2D gaming back!" You had awesome visuals like Chrono Trigger and SotN and Rayman out and then absolutely terrible 3D blocky crap flooding the PS1 and even the N64.

It wasn't until the Dreamcast lauched that 3D graphics were playable to me. So, yeah. I attribute the PS1 to me hating video games. Not a very good mark for a console imo....

I may be alone in this, but, whatever...

@overkillwfo1978

You're pretty much forever alone on this.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#75Knuckles1412Posted 12/4/2012 12:13:26 PM
Hello there, children! The Wii came out November, 19th, 2006. Xbox 360 is the system that launched in 2005. It was just bothering me that the topic title got the year wrong!