I don't think the Wii U is "sold out" my Walmart had a ton of Wii U's

#1ElGadoPosted 12/4/2012 8:23:26 AM(edited)
I had to make a stop at Wally World to buy some stuff yesterday, and I figured I would check to see if there were any Wii U's since I heard they were sold out everywhere and lo and behold there were Wii U's in stock. At that point, I kinda felt bad for Nintendo because it might be Gamecube all over again.

http://imgur.com/5D6yi
#2JackalPosted 12/4/2012 8:25:07 AM
The internet said it's sold out so...
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#3KidHeartBreakPosted 12/4/2012 8:34:16 AM
What type of planograms are they following? 0_o Low priced Wii games next to a Wii U console? Sure it's backwards capable and everything but WTF were they thinking!
---
GT: Major So Lucky
Nintendo Network ID: HeartBreak
#4tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/4/2012 8:41:32 AM
Another "my local store has a few so there must be mountains of them everywhere" topic. *yawn*
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#5wobbuffet10Posted 12/4/2012 8:42:40 AM
I walked into Gamestop yesterday and bought a deluxe set.
---
backloggery.com/melatonin
soundcloud.com/z-plan
#6SexPantherPandaPosted 12/4/2012 8:44:03 AM
On Sunday at my local Walmart i saw 2 blacks 2 whites and at my local target I saw 2 whites 0 blacks.
#7ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:44:13 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
Another "my local store has a few so there must be mountains of them everywhere" topic. *yawn*

Don't kid yourself. If this was a Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3 at launch, the door would be sliding open for a sale as I was taking that picture. The demand just isn't there; consumers are confused as to why Wii U is different than Wii, and even the Nintendo diehards aren't buying it right out the gate.
#8JaredexePosted 12/4/2012 8:46:51 AM
ElGado posted...
I had to make a stop at Wally World to buy some stuff yesterday, and I figured I would check to see if there were any Wii U's since I heard they were sold out everywhere and lo and behold there were Wii U's in stock. At that point, I kinda felt bad for Nintendo because it might be Gamecube all over again.

http://imgur.com/5D6yi

this unit isn't sold out Nintendo didn't produce enough because they knew it was going to be nothing but one big flop
---
bdfdbdfbdfbdbdbdbswhrymm,,tuiy,m
jjrjrjegswvvsdvsdsvshetjtkyuk
#9tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/4/2012 8:49:28 AM
ElGado posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...

Don't kid yourself. If this was a Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3 at launch, the door would be sliding open for a sale as I was taking that picture. The demand just isn't there; consumers are confused as to why Wii U is different than Wii, and even the Nintendo diehards aren't buying it right out the gate.

Wii and 360 sure, but the PS3 wasn't exactly a huge hit out of the gate. I'm sure there is far less demand than with the original Wii, agreed. But don't try to spin that fact as indicating a flop or failure, definitely not this early in the game.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#10Black_ArchPosted 12/4/2012 8:58:44 AM
Let's face it, the Wii U simply is not the Wii in terms of sales, at least not for the launch. There are Wii U's readily available for people to buy and it's up to Nintendo to figure out a way to entice people to buy them. I'm sure they'll figure something out.
---
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Give me Liberty, or give me Death! - Patrick Henry