I don't think the Wii U is "sold out" my Walmart had a ton of Wii U's

#51Golden MavenPosted 12/4/2012 1:22:22 PM
Baha05 posted...
Some people have money and others don't or the find ways to buy things. That's just assumptions on your part.

It's always been this way. If someone wants a Wii-U bad enough, they'll figure out a way to get one. My point is, "the economy" is nothing but an excuse for below average performance.
#52Baha05Posted 12/4/2012 1:24:59 PM(edited)
Golden Maven posted...
It's always been this way. If someone wants a Wii-U bad enough, they'll figure out a way to get one. My point is, "the economy" is nothing but an excuse for below average performance.

And how do we define "Average" performance for launch consoles? Also economy could just be one of the reasons, not the sole reason.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#53The_Opera_GhostPosted 12/4/2012 1:24:59 PM
I don't see how it is a surprise. At launch, the Wii was the cheapest of the three consoles. Now it's the most expensive. Logic.
#54Solid LinkPosted 12/4/2012 1:26:43 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Come on now, this is all about awareness and interest level, which is close to 0 with anyone but diehard Nintendo fans. I know a lot of Americans are getting more than they produce, but you make it sound like everyone is on dry bread and water.

Clearly my link on the last page was totally missed.

Maybe if you had said there was confusion about the console, you'd be more correct. But saying there's neither interest, nor even awareness of its existence, is plain wrong.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#55StickMen1090Posted 12/4/2012 1:29:48 PM
ElGado posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
Another "my local store has a few so there must be mountains of them everywhere" topic. *yawn*

Don't kid yourself. If this was a Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3 at launch, the door would be sliding open for a sale as I was taking that picture. The demand just isn't there; consumers are confused as to why Wii U is different than Wii, and even the Nintendo diehards aren't buying it right out the gate.

so a local store having wii u's in stock means the demand isnt there around the world?
#56SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/4/2012 1:40:53 PM
Golden Maven posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
But bad worldwide economy is the biggest factor. Gaming devise aren't necessities people take care of what they need first then get a luxury item. Video games are niche when compared to an Apple i-thing the average person isn't going out of their way to get them.

And yet people still find the money for smartphones and 4G Internet, Apple's latest device, big screen HDTVs, brand new furniture, stainless steel everything in the kitchen, over-sized homes, SUVs, yearly trips to some exotic place, etc.

Come on now, this is all about awareness and interest level, which is close to 0 with anyone but diehard Nintendo fans. I know a lot of Americans are getting more than they produce, but you make it sound like everyone is on dry bread and water.

Yes Nintendo has failed to turn up the hype machine, maybe they are hoping for word of month.

But like I said before video games a niche market. As the economy has been slumping the video games industry has slumped right along with it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/arts/video-games/video-game-retail-sales-decline-despite-new-hits.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Games a luxury if you have extra money you buy a game or two.

Smartphines are more needed than video games that's why they aren't hurting. Apple has turned the iPhone revisions into a yearly phenomenon that the media can't wait for.