Nintendo TVii Question

#1darkqueenhelbaPosted 12/4/2012 8:26:09 AM
I don't have cable/satellite. I just occasionally watches what's on the air. Will this application be of any use to me?
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#2YoyokuKOPosted 12/4/2012 8:28:46 AM
if the remote is too far away
#3KidHeartBreakPosted 12/4/2012 8:53:12 AM
I read something about how one feature will let the gamepad function as your television's remote. It technically already does that through the TV button so I'm assuming that they will add to this in some way. I was excited for TVii at first but I don't think I'll get too much use out of it now.

Except for the fact that you can watch Hulu/Netflix etc through TVii. Essentially you should be able to multitask unlike what you can do now. So I'm hoping we can watch Hulu on the tv screen through tvii all while using the internet browser on the gamepad. Unless I'm missing something... lol
---
GT: Major So Lucky
Nintendo Network ID: HeartBreak
#4dominatinggamerPosted 12/4/2012 8:54:56 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't need cable to use tvii. What exactly tvii will do and how it will work though...??
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#561degreesPosted 12/4/2012 8:58:19 AM
Isn't TVii just like netflix or something?
#6Knuckles1412Posted 12/4/2012 11:46:44 AM
KidHeartBreak posted...
I read something about how one feature will let the gamepad function as your television's remote. It technically already does that through the TV button so I'm assuming that they will add to this in some way. I was excited for TVii at first but I don't think I'll get too much use out of it now.

Except for the fact that you can watch Hulu/Netflix etc through TVii. Essentially you should be able to multitask unlike what you can do now. So I'm hoping we can watch Hulu on the tv screen through tvii all while using the internet browser on the gamepad. Unless I'm missing something... lol

I think since the TVii and web browser are both in the same menu, they can't both be used at the same time, like you can't use Miiverse and browse the web at the same time...
#7trenkenPosted 12/4/2012 11:50:49 AM
61degrees posted...

I have no idea. I have a U and I couldnt care less about whatever this is. Im sure its lame. My TV works fine as is.

Ill think about using TVii if I ever start having trouble working a cable box. >___>
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8trenkenPosted 12/4/2012 11:51:55 AM
"Oh damn this cable box is just too complicated and difficult for me to operate! Thank god I have Nintendo TVii!!!"

Ugh.
---
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9DTY3Posted 12/4/2012 11:52:45 AM
trenken posted...
61degrees posted...

I have no idea. I have a U and I couldnt care less about whatever this is. Im sure its lame. My TV works fine as is.

Ill think about using TVii if I ever start having trouble working a cable box. >___>

Pretty sure thats not what it does...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#10trenkenPosted 12/4/2012 11:56:48 AM
DTY3 posted...
trenken posted...
61degrees posted...

Pretty sure thats not what it does...

Weird because thats what they showed it doing at E3.
---
PS3 | CygnusZero