System is getting closer and closer to hitting eBay

#1dart246Posted 12/4/2012 8:26:48 AM
I understand that Nintendo was under a lot of pressure to get the Wii U out the door due to severely falling profits but this is ****ing unacceptable.

- Constant freezing in games and especially in the apps
- Error messages galore
- Single handedly one of the worst online experience of any "next generation" system I have experienced.
- Long and slow menu changes
- No cross chat and in most games, no chat
- Failure to deliver an even decent online infrastructure for DLC and patches (hell the patch for Sonic All Stars was submitted over 2 weeks ago and yet it still is not implemented and these are game breaking glitches they are trying fix).
- Piss poor eShop integration (don't use the same name as the 3DS and make it not cross compatible, same with the cards....)
- Accounts bound to Wii U system, thus if my system dies I lose ALL my purchases and DLC.
- Shoehorning the user into using the Gamepad (which I'm fine with)....that only lasts 3-4 hours (which I'm not fine with).
- Horrible integration of your own accessories. Why the HELL can I not use my Pro Controller to control: Netflix, Hulu Plus, eShop, Miiverse, etc...? This is true for the Wiimote as well.

These are all issues that should have been fixed before launch and now need to be fixed ASAP. If Nintendo can't do it they should hire some goddamn outside council, because the fact of the matter is, their inability to fully deliver is starting to infuriate me. And yes, I understand that console launches are not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, however this is truly a blunder. Nintendo has the games, and the ability, but they're truly messing up the foundations for having the games and system sellers.

I don't like to make threats, but if a lot of these problems are not fixed by Feb 2013, it will be mighty hard for me to want to keep this system, especially with the rampant system instability issues.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
#2darkqueenhelbaPosted 12/4/2012 8:28:55 AM
I haven't had any of these technical issues, so I don't know what to tell you. Other than, wait for an update.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#3ElGadoPosted 12/4/2012 8:29:18 AM
I'm surprised you're waiting till Feb.
#4JackalPosted 12/4/2012 8:31:18 AM
Maybe you have a "Friday" unit? :-)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#5NintatterdemonPosted 12/4/2012 8:36:44 AM
Sounds like you should sell it. You can always pick one up down the line when they fix some of the issues bugging you.
#6mkfreddddiPosted 12/4/2012 8:38:06 AM
Majority if not all of those problems can be fixed with patches. yeah it sucks that its like that for you but the freezing, long loads, error messages, etc i havent faced yet and ive had mine since launch. Updates can make the pro and wii compatible with the apps, but for things like miiverse i think its ideal to use the touch controller. Its their first real online, if you havent gotten the patch for sonic, thats the devs fault not nintendo, games like nintendo land, mario u, zombiu, etc have had patches already. Worst online of all "next gen" youve experienced? are you a future man?
---
PROUD supporter of NINTENDO, microsoft, and sony
--PSN: UNTAIM3D_3MP3RR, Live: UNTAIM3D 3MP3RR WiiU: UNTAIM3D_3MP3RR
#7tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/4/2012 8:38:15 AM
I largely haven't had the technical issues (two or three freezes over ~50 hours of use and no other extraneous "errors"). And the other complaints don't matter to me all that much other than a couple "nice to haves". Not sure what's going on with the patching... Treyarch has already been able to do hotfixes for BO2, and EA already has rolled out multiple roster updates for Madden.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#8huyiPosted 12/4/2012 8:59:39 AM(edited)
dart246 posted...
I understand that Nintendo was under a lot of pressure to get the Wii U out the door due to severely falling profits but this is ****ing unacceptable.

- Constant freezing in games and especially in the apps
- Error messages galore
- Single handedly one of the worst online experience of any "next generation" system I have experienced.
- Long and slow menu changes
- No cross chat and in most games, no chat
- Failure to deliver an even decent online infrastructure for DLC and patches (hell the patch for Sonic All Stars was submitted over 2 weeks ago and yet it still is not implemented and these are game breaking glitches they are trying fix).
- Piss poor eShop integration (don't use the same name as the 3DS and make it not cross compatible, same with the cards....)
- Accounts bound to Wii U system, thus if my system dies I lose ALL my purchases and DLC.
- Shoehorning the user into using the Gamepad (which I'm fine with)....that only lasts 3-4 hours (which I'm not fine with).
- Horrible integration of your own accessories. Why the HELL can I not use my Pro Controller to control: Netflix, Hulu Plus, eShop, Miiverse, etc...? This is true for the Wiimote as well.

These are all issues that should have been fixed before launch and now need to be fixed ASAP. If Nintendo can't do it they should hire some goddamn outside council, because the fact of the matter is, their inability to fully deliver is starting to infuriate me. And yes, I understand that console launches are not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, however this is truly a blunder. Nintendo has the games, and the ability, but they're truly messing up the foundations for having the games and system sellers.

I don't like to make threats, but if a lot of these problems are not fixed by Feb 2013, it will be mighty hard for me to want to keep this system, especially with the rampant system instability issues.

pretty much spot on with everything on that list, especially the long loading for settings too, all of this stuff can be fixed with a update though i just hope nintendo listens to our pleas and gives us what we want instead of leaving us out in the cold and give us nothing, they really have no excuse now, if they want to stay in the game when the new consoles come out then they have to up the ante if they want people to buy/stick with their wii u.

on top of all this they really need to give us a option to backup all of our save files, it's no good keeping them locked down to the system, when things go wrong there is no way to recover them at all and that is not fair on us.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#9Bigmac909Posted 12/4/2012 9:00:14 AM
Welcome to your first console launch.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#10dart246(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:19:57 AM
Bigmac909 posted...
Welcome to your first console launch.

And yes, I understand that console launches are not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, however this is truly a blunder. Nintendo has the games, and the ability, but they're truly messing up the foundations for having the games and system sellers.

Reading is fun....

Also to whoever said that these things a "nice to have" things, I must disagree. These would be nice to have things if it wasn't for the fact that the competition has these and has them much better. These are now aspects of a system that are and should be expected.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins