Call of Duty LOL same thing every year. NSMB it's cool.

#71Baha05Posted 12/4/2012 3:36:10 PM
Ganjuh posted...
I like how everyone in this topic has beaten around the bush about the topic. Some even flat out saying he's wrong. LOL.

All he said is NSMB is just as guilty as CoD for putting out nearly the same game each installment. This really isn't debatable.

Nintendo has been doing this for years though, It's why I haven't had a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. We're up to like what, Mario Party 9 or 10 now? Mario Tennis, Mario Basketball, Mario Soccer, Mario and Sonic, Mario Kart, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Mario & Luigi.... You get my point.

CoD gets the heat for it because it's the most popular game franchise. But Nintendo has been doing this with their franchises forever.

Fact of the matter is it's a long process for Nintendo to do this, at least they have tried to add innovation to their series. It's pretty bad when Mario Party is up to the 9th game and it spanning like 3 generations when CoD has spanned roughly the same amount of games in TWO generations and year after year.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#72superbot400Posted 12/4/2012 3:41:48 PM
GooBacksBack posted...
Why the hypocrisy?

NSMB if anything is less different than Call of Duty year to year.

You need a DS, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U to play all of NSMB series.

You need PS3/360 to play Call of Duty.

It's not the same thing, but I agree that NSMB is boring those.
---
http://spinsulin.freeforums.org/the-fantastic-four-respect-thread-t4436.html, my huge ass respect thread. You won't see it.
#73blankempathyPosted 12/4/2012 4:02:56 PM(edited)
Ganjuh posted...
I like how everyone in this topic has beaten around the bush about the topic. Some even flat out saying he's wrong. LOL.

All he said is NSMB is just as guilty as CoD for putting out nearly the same game each installment. This really isn't debatable.

Nintendo has been doing this for years though, It's why I haven't had a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. We're up to like what, Mario Party 9 or 10 now? Mario Tennis, Mario Basketball, Mario Soccer, Mario and Sonic, Mario Kart, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Mario & Luigi.... You get my point.

CoD gets the heat for it because it's the most popular game franchise. But Nintendo has been doing this with their franchises forever.

Except thats not what he said at all. Hes calling supporters of mario games hypocrites because apparently they troll the CoD series?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#74MarioFanaticXVPosted 12/4/2012 3:59:54 PM
LUlGI posted...
But when you play Wolfenstein/Doom/Quake/Half-Life/Halo/Call of Duty, you've played one, you've played them all.

Stop it

Stop it right now!

Never! You cannot silence logic and reason!
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#75Bigmac909Posted 12/4/2012 4:04:19 PM
I just skimmed, and I didn't see anybody mention this:

Who said there weren't a boatload of people complaining about all of the NSMB games?
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#76justdontaskPosted 12/4/2012 4:09:30 PM
people are just so stupid... ok yeah, some have said that nintendo games arent rehashes because the levels play differently..... the CoD storylines are different in each game.... that cancels out...

megaman games have different weapons and mario games have new powerups (sometimes, propeller shroom).... CoD has different guns and perks... that cancels out...

ok yeah, the CoD games are basically the same game, but so are most of the nintendo games with their prequels... TC, thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy, but i doubt anyone will change their minds over it... i know i wont and i have a reason...

i suck at CoD... im not bad at SMB games...
---
you can be anyone on the internet, why do you choose to be stupid?
#77Rishah0078Posted 12/4/2012 5:26:38 PM
I don't understand why everyone can't agree that NSMB are all very similar and CoD are all very similar, so if you like the series, play it. I enjoy Mario, so I buy all them. I enjoy CoD, but considerably less, so I buy some of them.

Isn't it smarter to release one every year if it sells anyway? Just means more profit.
#78Rishah0078Posted 12/4/2012 5:29:19 PM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Black Ops 2 > NSMBU

Fact.

Also, opinion. I would play NSMBU over Blops2 any day. One opinion =/= fact.

If you're one of those metacritic people (I am not), they both got the same score, but NSMBU got higher player reviews.
#79Godstriker8Posted 12/4/2012 6:15:14 PM
Rishah0078 posted...
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Black Ops 2 > NSMBU

Fact.

Also, opinion. I would play NSMBU over Blops2 any day. One opinion =/= fact.

If you're one of those metacritic people (I am not), they both got the same score, but NSMBU got higher player reviews.

It only has higher meta critic reader reviews because everyone loves to troll CoD scores. Guarantee 90% of those reader reviews were from people who never played the game.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#80GanjuhPosted 12/4/2012 6:23:59 PM
Baha05 posted...
Ganjuh posted...

Fact of the matter is it's a long process for Nintendo to do this, at least they have tried to add innovation to their series. It's pretty bad when Mario Party is up to the 9th game and it spanning like 3 generations when CoD has spanned roughly the same amount of games in TWO generations and year after year.

The number of years between installments is irrelevant to the discussion. The point is both add little to nothing. New scenery and a couple tweaks with a $60 price tag. If anything your argument makes Nintendo look even worse. It takes them several years to do what CoD does each year?