Call of Duty LOL same thing every year. NSMB it's cool.

#81GanjuhPosted 12/4/2012 5:27:11 PM
blankempathy posted...
Ganjuh posted...
I like how everyone in this topic has beaten around the bush about the topic. Some even flat out saying he's wrong. LOL.

All he said is NSMB is just as guilty as CoD for putting out nearly the same game each installment. This really isn't debatable.

Nintendo has been doing this for years though, It's why I haven't had a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. We're up to like what, Mario Party 9 or 10 now? Mario Tennis, Mario Basketball, Mario Soccer, Mario and Sonic, Mario Kart, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Mario & Luigi.... You get my point.

CoD gets the heat for it because it's the most popular game franchise. But Nintendo has been doing this with their franchises forever.

Except thats not what he said at all. Hes calling supporters of mario games hypocrites because apparently they troll the CoD series?

He's not calling out Mario fans. He's putting his point out there that Mario does the same thing CoD does but doesn't take any heat for it. He's not necessarily calling you guys hypocrites, just the general gaming population.

So yes what I said was true tyvm.
#82WizardlyOhioPosted 12/4/2012 5:30:28 PM
I have Blops 2 and NSMBU, and while neither have done a lot to truly innovate within their respective franchise, I still enjoy them both. That being said, Blops 2 has done more to change CoD than any other game in the franchise I've played, and I think in general Nintendo fans direct too much craps towards series like CoD when many Nintendo franchises see just as little innovation. But if you have a winning formula, why change it? I'm still loving NSMBU, and Blops 2, and the fact that they aren't pushing some new idea doesn't disrupt my enjoyment.

Innovation doesn't make for a good game, and a lack thereof doesn't make for a bad game. It's just something people use to complain about a series they probably didn't like that much to begin with.
#83sonic777Posted 12/4/2012 5:30:56 PM
Ganjuh posted...
Baha05 posted...
Ganjuh posted...
I like how everyone in this topic has beaten around the bush about the topic. Some even flat out saying he's wrong. LOL.

All he said is NSMB is just as guilty as CoD for putting out nearly the same game each installment. This really isn't debatable.

Nintendo has been doing this for years though, It's why I haven't had a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. We're up to like what, Mario Party 9 or 10 now? Mario Tennis, Mario Basketball, Mario Soccer, Mario and Sonic, Mario Kart, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Mario & Luigi.... You get my point.

CoD gets the heat for it because it's the most popular game franchise. But Nintendo has been doing this with their franchises forever.

Fact of the matter is it's a long process for Nintendo to do this, at least they have tried to add innovation to their series. It's pretty bad when Mario Party is up to the 9th game and it spanning like 3 generations when CoD has spanned roughly the same amount of games in TWO generations and year after year.

The number of years between installments is irrelevant to the discussion. The point is both add little to nothing. New scenery and a couple tweaks with a $60 price tag. If anything your argument makes Nintendo look even worse. It takes them several years to do what CoD does each year?

This... I think the topic title is being read wrong by the defenders. He's not saying NSMB is released every year. He's saying it's the same thing, like Call of Duty (which is released yearly.)

It really isn't up for debate. NSMB and NSMB2 are the EXACT same game, except you collect coins (and it's still pointless.)

Just because the final level in U is Peach's Castle (with lava) instead of Bowser's Castle (with lava) doesn't mean it's innovative and fresh.
#84Skill4ReelPosted 12/4/2012 5:48:44 PM
I can not understand how the COD series continues to get the high review scores that it does every year with all of the things that remain wrong with it on a yearly basis. COD team death match is an insult to the player's intelligence.

COD is just as average as all of the other shooters in the genre that it pretends to be better than. Unfortunately, none of these so called "pro reviewers" have the balls to say it. I don't even understand the Mario/COD comparison.

On one hand, you have a game series (Call of Duty) that is holding back every other game in the genre with it's mediocre standards and huge marketing budgets. While on the other you have the Mario series that has pulled other games in it's genre up with it.
#85Board_hunter567Posted 12/4/2012 6:05:18 PM(edited)
Ganjuh posted...
The number of years between installments is irrelevant to the discussion.

How about the platforms the games are on then? I believe it was mentioned that there's only been one NSMB on each of Nintendo's platforms.
Not counting BC, this leave you with the option to buy one NSMB game for whatever system you own. This isn't true of COD, in which you've got quite the selection (and would have another option the following year).
#86GanjuhPosted 12/4/2012 8:17:16 PM
Skill4Reel posted...
I can not understand how the COD series continues to get the high review scores that it does every year with all of the things that remain wrong with it on a yearly basis. COD team death match is an insult to the player's intelligence.

COD is just as average as all of the other shooters in the genre that it pretends to be better than. Unfortunately, none of these so called "pro reviewers" have the balls to say it. I don't even understand the Mario/COD comparison.

On one hand, you have a game series (Call of Duty) that is holding back every other game in the genre with it's mediocre standards and huge marketing budgets. While on the other you have the Mario series that has pulled other games in it's genre up with it.

This post is just full of fun. If you don't understand the Mario/CoD comparison it's because you decided not to read anything.

Your views on CoD are irrelevant to the discussion. The point of this topic is that CoD and NSMB both are lacking innovation in their installments. You can think CoD is a plague to the genre all you want but it carries no weight in this argument.
#87GanjuhPosted 12/4/2012 8:19:34 PM
Board_hunter567 posted...
Ganjuh posted...
The number of years between installments is irrelevant to the discussion.

How about the platforms the games are on then? I believe it was mentioned that there's only been one NSMB on each of Nintendo's platforms.
Not counting BC, this leave you with the option to buy one NSMB game for whatever system you own. This isn't true of COD, in which you've got quite the selection (and would have another option the following year).

Hmmm lemme see. I'll skim through the TC's post and see if the topic is about platfor.... Nope! Guess not. Sorry bro.
#88token_swordsmanPosted 12/4/2012 8:24:19 PM
Yep, checked my list, 5th time this exact topic has been posted
---
^ Typed this from my wii u ^
#89EbonMagicianPosted 12/4/2012 8:31:23 PM
I like to come back to gamefaqs every now and then to remember why I don't come here anymore... such stupid stupid people... I'm looking at you TC.
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#90TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/4/2012 8:40:43 PM
I think this one comes down to the fans who support a game. Normal people are generally easier to tolerate than a bunch of racist kids and fratboy d-bags.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo