Basic Wii U vs Deluxe Wii U

#1NarutoTaioPosted 12/4/2012 11:58:26 AM
Which package is more worth it? - Results (133 votes)
Basic/White - $299.99
17.29% (23 votes)
Deluxe/Black - $349.99
82.71% (110 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Want to buy one for Christmas, but not sure which is more worth it.

Nintendoland seems like a game that will collect dust.
That $50 saved could mean an extra game, rather than something rarely played.

The Deluxe comes with a good bit more memory than the Basic, but there won't be any noteworthy games to take up that memory for quite some time.
So is it really that big a deal?

I don't care about the color of the console.
Typically people just like whichever is more rare.

Which is better?
#2promo123Posted 12/4/2012 12:01:04 PM
Nintendoland will surprise you, it's a lot of fun.
---
Current favourite band: Blind Melon
#3trenkenPosted 12/4/2012 12:02:26 PM
Only depends on Nintendoland, if you like it or not. I thought it was awful. I lost interest in every game after 5 minutes. I dont like minigames in general, but if you do then get the deluxe.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#4kamikaze135Posted 12/4/2012 12:02:52 PM
Nintendo Land seemed stupid to me, but it's actually pretty fun. Plus you end up saving money on digital purchases with the deluxe edition.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5metalkinightPosted 12/4/2012 12:03:00 PM
the dulexe would sellmore if they had a wiimote and nunchuck add in but dulexe is the best
---
megan's black2 fc:0047-0679-2207
ABC member ready 2 help^__^
#6dominatinggamerPosted 12/4/2012 12:04:37 PM
Nintendo Land is worth it but even if you don't like it you can sell it. I love the charging craddle for the gamepad and lets not forget you also get some sort of 10% discount/credit for digital purchases as well. Plus it's black. Clear choice is the deluxe.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#7AndehPandyPosted 12/4/2012 12:06:48 PM
dominatinggamer posted...
Nintendo Land is worth it but even if you don't like it you can sell it. I love the charging craddle for the gamepad and lets not forget you also get some sort of 10% discount/credit for digital purchases as well. Plus it's black. Clear choice is the deluxe.

once you go black, you don't go back.
#81shadetail1Posted 12/4/2012 12:08:05 PM
That extra $50 gets you a lot more than $50 worth of stuff. Not only are you getting the game that retails at $60, you're also getting some Gamepad stands which retail at $20, some console stands which I haven't seen separately yet but I'd bet would be at least $10, and a special discount points reward for online purchases. And some extra GB in the system's flash memory, of course, but that isn't any big deal IMO.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#9lninjasoniclPosted 12/4/2012 12:52:22 PM
Nintendoland is very fun, although it doesn't have that same spark that wii sports had. Wii Sports was the best thing that Nintendo did, it was the hook that everyone was biting at.

My wife's family were over for thanksgiving and they were very disappointed with nintendoland, it just wasn't the same type of experience they had with Wii Sports, not as easy to jump into,

They said it was more like playing video games, which i thought was pretty funny. I'm going to try with my family and see how it goes.

With people, Nintyland is fun, solo it's a bore.
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#10SirPiercePosted 12/4/2012 1:02:44 PM
The Deluxe for sure. Even if you don't like Nintendo Land (I thought it was fun until I got other games)...the fact still remains that for $50 more, you get a $60 game, the stands for the console which free up some space, the charging cradle (which I always use), the points and of course the best color (personal opinion. I love black. My TV, Laptop, Desktop, Wii U, Cable Box, iPhone, PS3 and 3DS are all black. Lol). The extra memory is also nice until you can get a hold of a HDD (unless you already have one).
---
My NNID is Aerontar.
The Wii U is awesome. Looking forward to adding the Durango and Orbis to my collection in a year or so. All three companies are awesome.