Gonna download one game today

#1FAT____MANPosted 12/4/2012 12:10:01 PM
Either Assassin's Creed 3, Or Darksiders 2.
What do you guys think? I don't need you to decide FOR me, but i'd like to hear opinions from those have these games.
#2RahzarXPosted 12/4/2012 12:13:03 PM
Darksiders 2 is fun for the first 70% until it teeters off into a FIND THREE fest. It's repetetive and tedious. You will not enjoy yourself for this part of the game. The ng+ is not worth going back for, for reasons already stated.

AC3 on the other hand, was fun ALL the way to the end, where you can then find cheats and 100% the game.

AC3 is the obvious choice, I've played both to completion.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3FAT____MAN(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:15:30 PM
RahzarX posted...
Darksiders 2 is fun for the first 70% until it teeters off into a FIND THREE fest. It's repetetive and tedious. You will not enjoy yourself for this part of the game. The ng+ is not worth going back for, for reasons already stated.

AC3 on the other hand, was fun ALL the way to the end, where you can then find cheats and 100% the game.

Hm. Sounds about what I expected, When you say find three fest, do you mean something similar to the fetch quests at the end of the Metroid Prime games? Because i can put up with that. And the only pro Siders has on Ass creed to me is the mystical world and stylized monsters/world it has.
#4RahzarXPosted 12/4/2012 12:24:25 PM
FAT____MAN posted...
RahzarX posted...

Hm. Sounds about what I expected, When you say find three fest, do you mean something similar to the fetch quests at the end of the Metroid Prime games? Because i can put up with that. And the only pro Siders has on Ass creed to me is the mystical world and stylized monsters/world it has.

I mean it says, go find three kings or something to that liking, you find the first king only to have him tell you, you need 3 jewels for his crown, only to find the first jewel in three pieces to have to find the free fragments, you do this, then the 2nd king gives you a SIMILAR quest.

Note, this king quest with crowns does not happen at all, it is simply to avoid spoilers while informing you of the tediousness of this portion.

The puzzles become so lame that you don't even want to do them because it's not about solving it, it's about taking the time to move a block 100000 feet from where you started to open a door, to move it BACK to get through another door and so on...

Seriously, it's not worth your time during this last portion. They did not finish the game, you can tell by the lack of enemies and details in the environments, they rushed the final bit unfortunately.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#5FAT____MAN(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:25:52 PM
That is disappointing.... Such potential as well. I'll pick that up sometime much later probably. I'll be going with Assassins creed then.
#6RahzarXPosted 12/4/2012 12:29:50 PM
FAT____MAN posted...
That is disappointing.... Such potential as well. I'll pick that up sometime much later probably. I'll be going with Assassins creed then.

You'll love it, great story, smooth gameplay, fantastic ship battles, replayability that rivals arkham city and multiplayer if you even get that far.
---
#7SpacedDuckPosted 12/4/2012 12:32:47 PM
I think you should spend the exact same amount at your local store instead of wasting 17+ gigs on a download for the same price.

You're also wasting about 2-5 hours downloading the game when you can walk or drive to the store and be home likely within an hour.

AC 3 is worth it though. Solid game and looks amazing.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#8RahzarXPosted 12/4/2012 12:38:24 PM
SpacedDuck posted...
I think you should spend the exact same amount at your local store instead of wasting 17+ gigs on a download for the same price.

You're also wasting about 2-5 hours downloading the game when you can walk or drive to the store and be home likely within an hour.

If he has the Deluxe U, he'll get points back on the purchase...?

I love having a game always on my console to boot up without moving. :)
---
#9FAT____MAN(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:45:23 PM(edited)
RahzarX posted...
SpacedDuck posted...

If he has the Deluxe U, he'll get points back on the purchase...?

I love having a game always on my console to boot up without moving. :)

Exactly! I got TTT2, and it's EASILY my most played game out of NL, Zombie, and nsmb2! I love how it just boots up! I also have an external hardrive so i'm fine on memory and i like the cash back. And sometimes, i like NOT having the option of selling back my games, i have a bad habit of doing that for good games.

Also the club nintendo points is a great incentive.