Seriously Nintendo, make a bigger hard drive and I'll buy one.

#31GLDanzegoPosted 12/4/2012 6:28:44 PM
What's wrong with using an external hard drive? Do you live in a shoebox or something and you have no room for anything else?
#32RetroFanGirlPosted 12/4/2012 6:35:18 PM
You end up paying these companies more for the memory they include than an external HD. No one cares if YOU don't want one laying around because it is a better deal overall.
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77
#33Lord_KagatoPosted 12/4/2012 6:53:38 PM
I can't facepalm hard enough at the TC.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Megaman Legends 2
#34VanderZooPosted 12/4/2012 8:34:57 PM
zender1999 posted...
i love what nintendo has done, we are free to choose whatever hdd we want, unlike the competion, with propietary hdd that cost a lot or propietary mem cards..$99 for 32 gb lol

PS3 can install any 2.5" internal HDD. Internal is better than external. I like my consoles neat and tidy, I don't want extra wires and attachments sticking out of them.

The option to have external is good, but like wifi, why does nintendo take the other option off the table? And 32gb is too low to begin with, PS3 and 360 have like 300gb HDD's standard these days, PS3 bloody started off with 60gb 6 years ago.
#351shadetail1Posted 12/4/2012 8:40:21 PM
^^ 32GB is plenty of space unless you're going digital on the retail games. And even then, they wouldn't be able to put in a large enough hard drive without pushing up the price way higher than anyone would like. As Reggie explained, storage prices are dropping so fast that they'd be left with something outdated and too expensive if they put in anything that was "big enough". By letting us buy our own peripheral storage, it costs less for everybody, particularly for people who are satisfied with the 32GB and don't need to buy anything more.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#36ironbruPosted 12/4/2012 9:35:57 PM(edited)
^^ 32GB is plenty of space unless you're going digital on the retail games

Then explain why I have no room left on either my 250 GB HDD in my 360 S or my 120 GB HDD in my PS3 Slim and I don't own a single retail digital game.

And even then, they wouldn't be able to put in a large enough hard drive without pushing up the price way higher than anyone would like

So they used a tablet controller to push the price up instead. If Sony can put a 500 GB HDD and Microsoft can put a 320 GB HDD in their (apparently) more advanced consoles and sell them for less than the basic Wii U then Nintendo don't have any excuse.
---
Current Playing: Xenosaga Series (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.
#37kjhoveyPosted 12/5/2012 10:31:46 AM
ironbru posted...
^^ 32GB is plenty of space unless you're going digital on the retail games

Then explain why I have no room left on either my 250 GB HDD in my 360 S or my 120 GB HDD in my PS3 Slim and I don't own a single retail digital game.

And even then, they wouldn't be able to put in a large enough hard drive without pushing up the price way higher than anyone would like

So they used a tablet controller to push the price up instead. If Sony can put a 500 GB HDD and Microsoft can put a 320 GB HDD in their (apparently) more advanced consoles and sell them for less than the basic Wii U then Nintendo don't have any excuse.

I would honestly lie to know how you did that. My launch PS3 is only half filled up because I rip shows/movies onto it. My 360 still has loads of space.

Also, did you just compare a controller (the thing that determines the way you play a video game), to memory space? Really?
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#38darkjedilinkPosted 12/5/2012 10:32:47 AM
MANTI5 posted...
Get an external HD.

---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#39RyuuHou25Posted 12/5/2012 10:34:55 AM
I have an external for my PS3 that is constantly sitting beside it because it's jammed full of videos and what not that I watch on it.

Get one, deal with it, grow up.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#40tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/5/2012 10:35:06 AM
twa556 posted...
twa556 posted...
I could piss out 32gb and at least 5 of that is taken. And before anyone says it I don't want an external hard drive sticking out of it.

A flash drive is the one that would be sticking out
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/HexMaster/Web%20Snippets/flash-drive.jpg

This is an external HDD
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p638/teamralph1234/Western-Digital-WDBACX0010BBK-1TB-External-Hard-Drive.jpg

That wouldn't look that bad next to a Wii U

I'm aware, I meant lying beside it.
Either way I don't want that.

... who cares?? Hide it behind the console if you have to. Or even behind the TV console if you're THAT hell bent on never having to see the thing. Sheesh.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050