Am I the only one who thinks Skyward Sword is AWESOME!?

#41led__stylusPosted 12/4/2012 11:42:48 PM
emagdnE posted...
no, you are not the only blind fanboy who thinks dumbed down Zelda with horrible controls is awesome

^ Ignore this whinny b****, your opinion should be respected TC.
---
Why are you being a tightass over me liking what you hate?... I will never know.=|
#42RaynilssonPosted 12/4/2012 11:48:30 PM
Best zelda games: skyward sword, link to the past and windwaker.

Worst: twilight princess and old Link 2 for NES :D.
#43exchrystalswordPosted 12/4/2012 11:49:41 PM
zalak321 posted...
KroganBallEater posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
It is my favorite 3D Zelda title, it just gets bashed because it is the latest 3D Zelda game.

No.

I hate it because of the controls and because I don't like the art style very much.

I have never hated a Zelda console game on it's released and I have never hated a Zelda game at all except for this one.

The "Zelda Cycle" is a myth that people use to explain why people hate Zelda games.

Although you must admit, if such a cycle was real, you would be saying the exact same thing.

I actually LOVED the motion controls. It's way more fun then pressing B over and over again.

For me the motion controls in SS were horrible. I thought that game would be a 9.0 out of 10 if they ditched the motion controls where with it sits at a 6.5 out of 10 by zelda standards.

I mean they pushed the gimmick way too hard when the first boss is pretty much the result of bad planning.

I also didn't mind motion controls for TP (wii version) because they were kinda fun and not nearly as gimmicky. SS brings a new level of lower standards for future zelda games.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3868-7402-0278
#44COlimar788Posted 12/4/2012 11:51:07 PM
It's pretty good. Flawed for sure, but good. I prefer it to TP.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#45HIroChuPosted 12/4/2012 11:56:11 PM
Its a good game. I prefer twilight princess to this though
---
"Guess who uses bras as butt cheek holders?"
#46cha_fan1Posted 12/4/2012 11:58:31 PM
It's a good game, and I only have three gripes with it.

I don't find the overworld map to be very interesting. It was rather empty for so large a space. I would much rather have a smaller, more populated space, even if it detracted from the open feeling of the skies.
I don't like the length of the opening tutorial. I feel something a little shorter, akin to Majora's Mask, would have been better served.
I don't feel the controls were as precise as should be expected of a Zelda game. I feel more traditional controls are more precise, and therefore should have been used.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#47nonexistingheroPosted 12/5/2012 12:00:31 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
It is my favorite 3D Zelda title, it just gets bashed because it is the latest 3D Zelda game.

I love the controls, combat and most boss battles (except for the repeating one). But the game has a ridiculous amount of flaws in every single way outside of that. It's not bad, but... it could've been a lot more. The world map is pretty empty and the worst out of any 3D Zelda game, constant backtracking through the same 3 environments (even if altered), Fii constantly getting in the way and breaking the pace with her f***ing useless advice, pretty scarce amount of sidequests, a lot of tools aren't very useful outside of the dungeon you get them in (which was one of the biggest complaints about Twilight Princess as well), text scrolling very slow (annoying when wanting to replay mini-games), garbage inventory management system, etc. And that's just the gameplay. The plot is all kinds of horrible as well.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#48Bowser05Posted 12/5/2012 12:30:35 AM
Sometimes I feel like I am the only person in this planet who actually had a good setup for the game and thus had NO problems with the controls. From the beginning I loved it and it worked flawlessly for me. Maybe it's because I've played enough motion games on the Wii to understand the tricks to making things work how I want them...maybe I just have the perfect size tv to go with the Wii and sit the perfect distance away. Maybe I have just few enough devices so that the controller works well. I don't know what it was, but it literally worked flawlessly for me.

Now Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda game, trumping my original favorite which was Majora's Mask. The ONLY thing I didn't like about SS was a specific art design choice, which involved having far away things look blurry to have that painting feel. I like the art style as a whole, just not that particular design choice.
---
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed
Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the US...
#49nonexistingheroPosted 12/5/2012 12:35:12 AM
Even though there's been a dozen or so people in this topic already who stated they think they're superb -__-
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#50AXKSIONPosted 12/5/2012 12:36:33 AM
zalak321 posted...
KroganBallEater posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

No.

I hate it because of the controls and because I don't like the art style very much.

I have never hated a Zelda console game on it's released and I have never hated a Zelda game at all except for this one.

The "Zelda Cycle" is a myth that people use to explain why people hate Zelda games.

Although you must admit, if such a cycle was real, you would be saying the exact same thing.

I actually LOVED the motion controls. It's way more fun then pressing B over and over again.

I actually HATED the motion controls. It's way sucky and you flail your arms around like a moron to some irresponsive and inaccurate motion controls. I've played video games for 20+ years now and I do not understand why I had to play one of my very favorite games of all time with sucktacular motion controls.

The problems don't end there....

linear
dumbed down / watered down / casualized
Skyloft was meh and it was a small hub with nothing in it and connected all the linear levels
Fi is the worst character in video game history
boss battles sucked
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg