SYSTEM UPDATE: I have a system update for my Wii U. Does anybody else?

#131Poopcorn13Posted 12/4/2012 8:32:04 PM
packattack posted...
MetalGusREbirth posted...
Man, i was playing Zombi U single player and I thought the framerate was choppy. Turns out the console was downloading the update without even telling me! In the end it's cool, cause I only had to wait for the install. I do wonder though why the console never prompted me about downloading the update. In any case, hope this clears the freezing issues.

What if you had powered off because you didn't know about the update? Would that not have bricked your Wii U?

He was only downloading it. Not flat out updating the console. If it were to update, he would to have to activate it on his own after downloading.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#132SETUP DISKPosted 12/4/2012 8:35:07 PM
It's the same load time for games starting up but everything else is faster or doesn't even have a loading screen anymore. Uplay still takes a while though. That's after the initial startup and is probably on Ubisofts server end.

Vastly improved menu speeds for me so I don't see how others can't notice it.
---
PSN SETUP_DISK WII U SetupDisk
3DS FC 4682-8465-2907
#133SilentdazePosted 12/4/2012 8:37:56 PM
Oh man, I've been fluctuating between 6 and 8.5 hours for the past fifteen minutes, still at 0% downloaded as far as the status bar is concerned.

I want to just play some games and download later, but now I'm worried about bricking my system
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 2108 6746 9224 (new player looking for trades)
3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727 (Mario Kart 7)
#134TheLightsAreOnPosted 12/4/2012 8:38:58 PM
packattack posted...
MetalGusREbirth posted...
Man, i was playing Zombi U single player and I thought the framerate was choppy. Turns out the console was downloading the update without even telling me! In the end it's cool, cause I only had to wait for the install. I do wonder though why the console never prompted me about downloading the update. In any case, hope this clears the freezing issues.

What if you had powered off because you didn't know about the update? Would that not have bricked your Wii U?

I was playing Batman. I entered a building. It failed to load. I pressed the home button and chose close software. After a few seconds, my install started. So I conclude the Wii U will download updates automatically, but not install until nothing else is going on.

About eight minutes into the install, and it says 95%.
#135SETUP DISKPosted 12/4/2012 8:41:58 PM
picano posted...
Ha, this is great. I was playing with the browser and didn't even know about the update until I read this --- and by that time it was already complete.

I was playing Nintendo land left the game and the update was there to be installed. Didn't take long to install at all either.

However long it takes to get to the last mission on the first page of the Metroid one player section is how long it took to download but it could have been downloaded before I was done of that anyway.
---
3DS FC 4682-8465-2907
#136dscube79Posted 12/4/2012 8:45:45 PM
Ive had 5 freezes i can handle more!! No priblem them, just not rrod
---
Wii60
#137SETUP DISKPosted 12/4/2012 8:50:54 PM
I had 3 hard freezes but it was just with Nintendo Land before I limited my miiverse language to English only. No problem since.

One other thing, once the pad wouldn't turn on the system for some reason. I powered up the system with it's power button and now the pad works same as before and it hasn't happened again.
---
3DS FC 4682-8465-2907
#138chibidonoPosted 12/4/2012 8:55:03 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_update.jsp

Straight from Nintendo...

If the download is happening in the background, it is okay to power off the system using the power buttons of the system or the GamePad. The update will resume when the system is powered back on.

Do not unplug the system while the update is downloading or installing. If the system update is interrupted by unplugging the system, you may damage the system.
---
Why?
#139GeassMasterPosted 12/4/2012 9:06:35 PM
PS3 2.0

Looks like a useless update.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#140DarkECOJakPosted 12/4/2012 9:21:11 PM
Took me like 15 minutes to update. How slow is everybody's internet here??
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee