Very disappointed in these updates.

#21GoombaXPosted 12/5/2012 7:56:09 AM
AstralFrost posted...
Well theres a lot of issues for them to fix. Its fairly obvious that the Wii U was rushed out ahead of its time and that many months of further testing were needed to bring it up to scratch. The reality is they've run out of time and are now begging everyone to buy a next gen console to compete with 7 year old consoles. I don't see how this can work again.

you prolly missed the part where the ps4 is gonna be weaker than the wii u and focus on the move gimmick and the 720 is gonna be slightly better than the wiiu and focus on the kinect gimmick.
but now you should be up to speed
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#22Cage2004Posted 12/5/2012 8:02:46 AM
Surprised that no one has mentioned the continous and looong PS3 updates that occur frequently despite the age of the console.
---
GameFaqs users typical response: "If you dont like it then go back and play Call of Duty kid"
#23Crazy AxelPosted 12/5/2012 8:10:38 AM
GoombaX posted...

you prolly missed the part where the ps4 is gonna be weaker than the wii u and focus on the move gimmick and the 720 is gonna be slightly better than the wiiu and focus on the kinect gimmick.

Well, I have no idea where your source is that PS4 would ever be weaker and more of a gimmick, a source would be nice if you are going to say such diverse things. Also, current gen talk here, I do know for a fact that Wii U is weaker than current gen. Want a source? K, here ya go.

http://news.yahoo.com/developers-claim-wii-u-weaker-ps3-360-nintendo-210201325.html
---
"Oh good, my slow clap processor made it into this thing. So we have that." - GlaDOS
#24GoombaXPosted 12/5/2012 8:12:30 AM
Crazy Axel posted...
GoombaX posted...

Well, I have no idea where your source is that PS4 would ever be weaker and more of a gimmick, a source would be nice if you are going to say such diverse things. Also, current gen talk here, I do know for a fact that Wii U is weaker than current gen. Want a source? K, here ya go.

http://news.yahoo.com/developers-claim-wii-u-weaker-ps3-360-nintendo-210201325.html

lol yahoo news thats about as good of a source as the dump i took 10 minutes ago, just get your mad self outta here
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#25Crazy AxelPosted 12/5/2012 8:14:51 AM
Want another then? K, here ya go.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/142002-wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-not-the-end-of-the-world-but-not-great-either
---
"Oh good, my slow clap processor made it into this thing. So we have that." - GlaDOS
#26RahzarXPosted 12/5/2012 8:22:55 AM
Stink_Ape posted...
Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine
Number nine, number nine, number...

:)

I say this to my friend all the time, creeps him out.

I truly love that version of the song though, avante garde and all.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#27BizzyBumPosted 12/5/2012 8:25:24 AM
Nintendrones will defend Nintendo over anything.

Face it, these "updates" are a joke and way too long. Nintendo dropped the ball here.
---
| i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz | H60 | Z68A | EVGA SC GTX 580x2 SLI | Corsair AX 1200w |
| Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 | 2560x1440 S-IPS @ 100Hz | Antec 1200 |
#28Crazy AxelPosted 12/5/2012 8:29:53 AM
BizzyBum posted...

Face it, these "updates" are a joke and way too long. Nintendo dropped the ball here.

One of my friends got the console day one. It took it around an hour or so to update to full. Anytime he launched an app after that it needed to update, which is understandable. But it really did get annoying fairly quickly. He said to me yesterday that he wasn't all that impressed but, still loved his system. What did bother him the most was the load time it takes for his system to come back from playing a game.

Playing one first hand and seeing the system in action, I'm just not sold yet. But I'm afraid that the system will produce nothing but shovel-ware just like the Wii did. And we have to sit and wait and twiddle our thumbs for Nintendo to release a good game....
---
#29RahzarXPosted 12/5/2012 8:30:01 AM
BizzyBum posted...

Hmm...?

The 360 and Ps3 never get minor updates that do basically nothing?

Come on now, minor oversights.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#30BizzyBumPosted 12/5/2012 8:33:29 AM
Crazy Axel posted...
BizzyBum posted...

One of my friends got the console day one. It took it around an hour or so to update to full. Anytime he launched an app after that it needed to update, which is understandable. But it really did get annoying fairly quickly. He said to me yesterday that he wasn't all that impressed but, still loved his system. What did bother him the most was the load time it takes for his system to come back from playing a game.

Playing one first hand and seeing the system in action, I'm just not sold yet. But I'm afraid that the system will produce nothing but shovel-ware just like the Wii did. And we have to sit and wait and twiddle our thumbs for Nintendo to release a good game....

Oh yeah, the slow updating of each App was even more annoying to me. And in general the system does indeed seem super slow when loading things. Hopefully that's what these updates are fixing.

RahzarX posted...
BizzyBum posted...

Hmm...?

The 360 and Ps3 never get minor updates that do basically nothing?

Come on now, minor oversights.

PS3 was awful, too. 360's updates are extremely fast and far apart.
---
| i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz | H60 | Z68A | EVGA SC GTX 580x2 SLI | Corsair AX 1200w |
| Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 | 2560x1440 S-IPS @ 100Hz | Antec 1200 |