Hopefully the Nintendo Direct announcement will be Metroid: Other M 2

#61F31LeopardPosted 12/5/2012 12:21:19 AM
Buretsu posted...
F31Leopard posted...
Other M haters always have to reassure themselves the game sucks despite getting pretty good reviews and people like it. M even won best Wii game on gametrailers.

Oh, lovely "ad populum" there. Nothing popular could possibly be bad, like Justin Beiber or Twilight.

You mean like Prime? It's so popular that if anyone talks bad about it is Blasphemous.
M by no means is a perfect game but its not terrible the way the people (mostly Prime fanboys) make it out to be. Most of the complaints are about the story and Samus. Gameplay wise its very similar to old school 2d Metroids.
---
WKC IE: Naomi/LS GR15 Maidens of Death WKC2: Naomi/LS GR30 Gaurdians of Light
#62AceMosPosted 12/5/2012 12:23:59 AM
F31Leopard posted...
Buretsu posted...
F31Leopard posted...
Other M haters always have to reassure themselves the game sucks despite getting pretty good reviews and people like it. M even won best Wii game on gametrailers.

Oh, lovely "ad populum" there. Nothing popular could possibly be bad, like Justin Beiber or Twilight.

You mean like Prime? It's so popular that if anyone talks bad about it is Blasphemous.
M by no means is a perfect game but its not terrible the way the people (mostly Prime fanboys) make it out to be. Most of the complaints are about the story and Samus. Gameplay wise its very similar to old school 2d Metroids.

no it realy isnt

in the 2d metroid games u could explore the world

you had to collet your power ups and get health and amo pick ups not "concentrate"
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#63AceMosPosted 12/5/2012 12:24:28 AM
Sylar100 posted...
AceMos posted...
i love how the defenders over simplfy things

samus acomplishes nothing and needs a man to even think in the game thats why its sexist

And this is why i don't try to reason with feminists. They're like trolls, all they can do is say the same thing over and over again. Trying to shove sexism crap into stuff that aren't sexist. There are quite a few things you can hate Other M over, Sexism is literally NEVER ONE OF THEM, Because like it or not, there is nothing sexist in the game.

go on tell me how it isnt sexist ive told you svrl times why it is so try and counter it
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#64BuretsuPosted 12/5/2012 12:24:47 AM
Sylar100 posted...
AceMos posted...

samus acomplishes nothing and needs a man to even think in the game thats why its sexist

And this is why i don't try to reason with feminists. They're like trolls, all they can do is say the same thing over and over again. Trying to shove sexism crap into stuff that aren't sexist. There are quite a few things you can hate Other M over, Sexism is literally NEVER ONE OF THEM, Because like it or not, there is nothing sexist in the game.

True, there's nothing sexist about putting forward the notion that the primary objective of women should always be towards motherhood.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#65BuretsuPosted 12/5/2012 12:26:56 AM
F31Leopard posted...
Buretsu posted...
F31Leopard posted...

2D Metroids: You had no powers, and had to collect them
Other M: You have all your powers, you just can't use most of them for no particular reason

2D Metroids: Non-linear exploration
Other M: Linear
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#66Sylar100(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:29:48 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
^^ You are completely over-simplifying their point. And the fact is, situations involving men and women do need to be looked at differently. Like it or not, there are millennia of history of women being abused and oppressed by men, and no such history of the opposite. So yes, it really can change a situation entirely when it happens to a woman rather than a man.

Not really, thats the point they were trying to make, and it doesn't make any sense. It's sensationalist BS. People are apparently tired of seeing "sexist" stuff in things, yet they constantly go over everything with a fine tooth comb to find anything sexist. Newsflash, if you look hard enough you can make something out of anything. You play the whole game using Samus, You fight many enemies and bosses, but because Samus does something stupid I.E. the Adam crap, and 2. gets saved by her friend against ridley then OMG THE GAME IS SOMEHOW NOW SEXIST DURRRR.

1. The whole stupid Adam BS is because Samus liked Adam, she was under his command, she wanted it to be like old times because he was cold to her, She is pretty young in Other M, I forget the story, but there is a story explanation for it.
#67Sylar100(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:31:15 AM
AceMos posted...
Sylar100 posted...
AceMos posted...

go on tell me how it isnt sexist ive told you svrl times why it is so try and counter it

I told you how it's not, Many times already. It's not my fault if you don't want to read what i wrote.
#68Sylar100(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:32:06 AM
Buretsu posted...
Sylar100 posted...
AceMos posted...

True, there's nothing sexist about putting forward the notion that the primary objective of women should always be towards motherhood.

That's not even what the game is about. Yay for spinning a random game story into some fake sexist crap
#69AceMosPosted 12/5/2012 12:34:10 AM
Sylar100 posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
^^ You are completely over-simplifying their point. And the fact is, situations involving men and women do need to be looked at differently. Like it or not, there are millennia of history of women being abused and oppressed by men, and no such history of the opposite. So yes, it really can change a situation entirely when it happens to a woman rather than a man.

Not really, thats the point they were trying to make, and it doesn't make any sense. It's sensationalist BS. People are apparently tired of seeing "sexist" stuff in things, yet they constantly go over everything with a fine tooth comb to find anything sexist. Newsflash, if you look hard enough you can make something out of anything. You play the whole game using Samus, You fight many enemies and bosses, but because Samus does something stupid I.E. the Adam crap, and 2. gets saved by her friend against ridley then OMG THE GAME IS SOMEHOW NOW SEXIST DURRRR.

1. The whole stupid Adam BS is because Samus liked Adam, she was under his command, she wanted it to be like old times because he was cold to her, She is pretty young in Other M, I forget the story, but there is a story explanation for it.

other M takes place after Super metroid samus is NOT young in this game

no 1 has a problem with her fallowing his orders its that she dont even think for her self (like a person in a real life miltary can do)

samus worships adam as a father figure even thoe we see no reason for this and she HAD a father figure in the form of old bird (a chozo) she was in her 20s when she left the chozo to join the federation

the hole game is 1 big plot hole that has to bend the rest of the franchise to even remotly work and it still dont make sense
---
#70VideoGamer1990Posted 12/5/2012 12:38:40 AM(edited)
Buretsu posted...
VideoGamer1990 posted...
Buretsu posted...
VideoGamer1990 posted...
AceMos posted...

Yeah. Adam and Anthony sure did all the thinking for Samus against the Metroid Queen....oh wait.

Geez, the way you speak stuff out of fluff practically tells me that there are Other M haters who hate the game just for the sake of hating.

Or maybe the game isn't perfect, and there are people who hate it because they consider it to be a terrible game that completely assassinated the character of Samus Aran?

I did not say the game was perfect nor did I say it was bad for people to hate it. But still, the way you and others seem absolutely offended that other people like the game and then try to twist and spin things about the game to try and change those people's opinions is pretty disgusting.

Not twisting or spinning anything.

It's fine as a generic action game. It's just a terrible Metroid game, and it has a terrible story that destroys every last positive characterization of its main character from the prior games.

She wasn't blowing stuff up like she was in the other games? She didn't snap out of her PTSD in a couple minutes and defeat Ridley like she did every other game? She didn't stop taking orders at Adam(including the computer from Fusion)? She didn't order Madaline to stay put until she got the helmet from the bottleship near the end of the game? She didn't destroy the Metroid Queen, cause she needed Anthony and Adam to be there?

How is saying that the game destroyed every last positive characterization of Samus when the game shows that Samus is still doing some of the things that made people like her not twisting or spinning anything? Also, why did Adam, a man, say that he was incapable of saving the galaxy and that Samus was? Not to mention his doucheness wasn't that much different(besides the lava and suit thing) from the computer from Fusion, who also gave orders to Samus. And even the computer attempted to restrict Samus from getting power-ups she needed.

Also, before you even shout "fan" or "fanboy", I sure as heck ain't a fan of Other M. But even I can see when people over-exaggerate, intentionally or unintentionally.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 49