lol just won a below cost WiiU on eBay

#11BuretsuPosted 12/4/2012 10:00:13 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Foofyhead posted...
How do you know what a Wii U is at cost anyway?

because its for sale in stores?

That's "retail".

"At cost" is what the store itself paid.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#12FoofyheadPosted 12/5/2012 2:32:44 AM
Which I guess is possible, but usually only Nintendo employees would know what a Wii is at cost...or someone who works with Nintendo (like a partner).
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#13nonexistingheroPosted 12/5/2012 2:59:05 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
You're my hero for the day. No really, I live a sad life.

...it can't be that sad. Mine is pretty sad too, but... not like that.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#14bigphil2003Posted 12/5/2012 3:34:04 AM
Buretsu posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Foofyhead posted...
How do you know what a Wii U is at cost anyway?

because its for sale in stores?

That's "retail".

"At cost" is what the store itself paid.

And the "store" in this case is the guy that was selling it to him. So he's right.
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#15FoofyheadPosted 12/5/2012 4:26:27 AM
I don't follow. How does that explain how he knows the price he paid was below cost? I buy crap on ebay all the time, and I guarantee that doesn't mean It know jack about how much it cost a retailer (online or otherwise) to purchase a Wii U.

Some dude on eBay isn't going to sell something at cost or below it normally, without knowing what the at cost value is to begin with. So, I fall back on my earlier post...someone had knowledge of that because he/she works at Nintendo or are partners with Nintendo.
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#16GLDanzegoPosted 12/5/2012 6:45:19 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
The record is the guy who paid $0.99 for one, but any victory matters.

Someone may have won the auction for that much, but that doesn't mean he actually got it. In fact, I'm more than willing to bet that the seller just reneged on it. It's not like the penalties for doing so are particularly stiff.
#17Nate_DihldorffPosted 12/5/2012 7:55:22 AM
Best Buy/Walmart/Target/etc. employees know what their respective retailers pay for products. All they have to do is use their Telxon and it tells them.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#18FoofyheadPosted 12/5/2012 1:16:06 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
Best Buy/Walmart/Target/etc. employees know what their respective retailers pay for products. All they have to do is use their Telxon and it tells them.

Which is the same thing I said...
---
#19kdiz4321Posted 12/5/2012 1:23:31 PM
I hope you checked the seller's description since you might get a Wii with a U drawn on the box if you're not careful.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#20DemonDog666Posted 12/5/2012 1:27:01 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
I hope you checked the seller's description since you might get a Wii with a U drawn on the box if you're not careful.

As long as it has the Nintendo logo many users here wouldn't mind...