Not sure why no one like mario games.

#1sonyfanboy992Posted 12/4/2012 11:45:55 PM
They aren't that bad. There is no reason to compare them to big AAA titles.
#2BuretsuPosted 12/4/2012 11:46:58 PM
They aren't bad. But they aren't fantastic either.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3sonyfanboy992(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:47:37 PM
Buretsu posted...

but call of duty and assassin's creed aren't fantastic either and everyone in the world adores those.
#4nilesthebravePosted 12/4/2012 11:47:39 PM
Considering they sell like 20 million copies for each title, I'm going to go ahead and say people like Mario.

If being the most recognized character in the world, over Mickey Mouse even, it's safe to say people like Mario.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#5BuretsuPosted 12/4/2012 11:49:34 PM
sonyfanboy992 posted...
Buretsu posted...

but call of duty and assassin's creed aren't fantastic either and everyone in the world adores those.

You mean Generic Brown Shooter #47b and "Assassin's Creed: 3 as long as you don't count the other two expansion packs we released as full games"? Yeah, everyone LOVES those.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6FlyinTonitePosted 12/4/2012 11:50:20 PM
Buretsu posted...
sonyfanboy992 posted...
Buretsu posted...

You mean Generic Brown Shooter #47b and "Assassin's Creed: 3 as long as you don't count the other two expansion packs we released as full games"? Yeah, everyone LOVES those.

I actually think assassin's creed 3 is pretty good. Granted I'm a sucker for anything to do with the american revolution.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#7ColorfulColorsPosted 12/4/2012 11:50:24 PM
They're apparentley "Rehashes"
---
Xeeh_Bitz: Master of Excuses
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#8nonexistingheroPosted 12/4/2012 11:50:49 PM
If they aren't fantastic, then why is each and every single Mario platformer, always at least one of the best platformers on the system?

Even every single NSMB game. And then the 3D platformers... they're all classics as well. All of them have great sales numbers, especially the NSMB games.

The hate you get here is just from idiots trying to be smart. I mean, sure, there's a lot more they could've done with some games and the rewards aren't always congruent with the effort. But that doesn't make them anything less than superb.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9_FalstaffPosted 12/4/2012 11:52:48 PM
I'm pretty sure there are millions of people who like Mario games, as opposed to "no one." I'm also pretty sure some of them are considered AAA titles.

FlyinTonite posted...
I actually think assassin's creed 3 is pretty good. Granted I'm a sucker for anything to do with the american revolution.

I've been meaning to ask someone about that. Is AC3 an accurate portrayal of the Revolution, or does it fall into the category of "American's awesome, British evil" that has been tread so often by American media? I've been guessing it falls into the common traps, but hoping that it doesn't. Would I be surprised?
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#10BuretsuPosted 12/5/2012 12:05:44 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
If they aren't fantastic, then why is each and every single Mario platformer, always at least one of the best platformers on the system?

Even every single NSMB game. And then the 3D platformers... they're all classics as well. All of them have great sales numbers, especially the NSMB games.

Because it's Mario. And because without huge first-party IPs like Mario, Nintendo doesn't really have a whole lot going for it.
---