Think we might get any Smash Bros info at the conference tomorrow?

#11jedinatPosted 12/5/2012 12:25:43 AM
I suppose I should concede that a ton of younger gamers weren't around to play the N64 version to death almost 15 years ago.
#12oshawott4everPosted 12/5/2012 12:32:53 AM
MANTI5 posted...
jedinat posted...
I thought Smash Bros was pretty worn out by the N64... can't understand why people enjoy playing the same game with a graphics update over and over. Personally don't think the formula able to support even the two sequels it got.

LOL, it's got a HUGE following and is present at all the major fighting game tournaments.

What are you talking about? It isn't present at all major fighting game tournaments.
---
http://i42.tinypic.com/5k1z45.gif
http://i43.tinypic.com/34i5q85.gif
#13MANTI5Posted 12/5/2012 12:34:01 AM
Ok a bit of hyperbole but there was more to it's dropping from mlg than what you stated. Also, the Smash community turned their back on evo after the 2008 incident. But besides that, Apex and a ton of other tournaments are held regularly and there is talk of it coming back to evo in 2013. Smash is insanely popular.
#14digiblasterPosted 12/5/2012 12:36:52 AM
As far as sequels go, a huuuuge amount changes between different instalments of SSB. The core gameplay itself changes too; the only thing that remains truly consistent is the objective of kicking the crap out of each other until you fall off the stage.
#15ssbmrocksPosted 12/5/2012 12:41:35 AM
COlimar788 posted...
Zero chance. Smash will be lucky to get a mention at next E3.

Actually, I read a rumor on the 3DS board that the next Smash will have a playable demo at the next E3.

But yeah, it's been confirmed that all info regarding games tomorrow will be on games we've already known about.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#16RahzarXPosted 12/5/2012 12:43:07 AM
Buretsu posted...
MANTI5 posted...
jedinat posted...
I thought Smash Bros was pretty worn out by the N64... can't understand why people enjoy playing the same game with a graphics update over and over. Personally don't think the formula able to support even the two sequels it got.

LOL, it's got a HUGE following and is present at all the major fighting game tournaments.

Define 'major fighting game tournaments'. Because MLG dropped Brawl in 2011 for lack of developer and sponsor support and shaky attendance.

It WAS. It's because Street Fighter gets rebooted every 4-5 months. Gotta play the newest!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#17DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 12:48:50 AM
jedinat posted...

Each game is COMPLETELY different, hence why you have people who despise Brawl but love Melee.

I take it you haven't actually played them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#18DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 12:51:53 AM
jedinat posted...
I suppose I should concede that a ton of younger gamers weren't around to play the N64 version to death almost 15 years ago.

Tons of people did.II sure as hell did. Doesn't stop the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about >_>
---
#19jedinatPosted 12/5/2012 12:53:14 AM(edited)
DTY3 posted...
jedinat posted...

Each game is COMPLETELY different, hence why you have people who despise Brawl but love Melee.

I owned the first two. Played the third a few times at other ppls houses. Same basic gameplay, some new moves and characters and stages don't change anything in a way significant to me. They most definitely aren't "COMPLETELY different." The caps don't make your argument.
#20DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 12:55:02 AM
jedinat posted...
DTY3 posted...
jedinat posted...

I owned the first two. Played the third a few times at other ppls houses. Same basic gameplay, some new moves and characters and stages don't change anything in a way significant to me. They most definitely aren't "COMPLETELY different." The caps don't make your argument.

They really are. To the point where people b**** because the newest one isn't similar to melee.
---