Think we might get any Smash Bros info at the conference tomorrow?

#21MANTI5Posted 12/4/2012 11:57:54 PM
jedinat posted...
DTY3 posted...
jedinat posted...
I thought Smash Bros was pretty worn out by the N64... can't understand why people enjoy playing the same game with a graphics update over and over. Personally don't think the formula able to support even the two sequels it got.

Each game is COMPLETELY different, hence why you have people who despise Brawl but love Melee.

I take it you haven't actually played them.

I owned the first two. Played the third a few times at other ppls houses. Same basic gameplay, some new moves and characters and stages don't change anything in a way significant to me. They most definitely aren't "COMPLETELY different." The caps don't make your argument.

To casual fans I can see your point, but to people who really dig into the series and analyze it like crazy, there's a myriad of differences to be found.
#22digiblasterPosted 12/5/2012 12:03:45 AM
jedinat posted...
DTY3 posted...
jedinat posted...
I thought Smash Bros was pretty worn out by the N64... can't understand why people enjoy playing the same game with a graphics update over and over. Personally don't think the formula able to support even the two sequels it got.

Each game is COMPLETELY different, hence why you have people who despise Brawl but love Melee.

I take it you haven't actually played them.

I owned the first two. Played the third a few times at other ppls houses. Same basic gameplay, some new moves and characters and stages don't change anything in a way significant to me. They most definitely aren't "COMPLETELY different." The caps don't make your argument.

Better graphics, core gameplay changes, new characters (who offer different gameplay options), and a load of new levels don't change things?

Other than making an entirely new game, what would constitute a 'completely different' game?
#23DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 12:08:01 AM
Don't forget completely new physics, the addition of a new special attack in each game, theaddition of dodging, tripping, new game modes, bosses, etc.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#24jedinatPosted 12/5/2012 12:14:57 AM
I actually didn't say it should be completely different. He just took exception to me essentially saying I don't understand why people still enjoy playing the same game. I said the formula couldn't (i.e. wasn't worth) support two sequels, lol.

I guess my criticism could apply to the fighting game genre in general, which I don't enjoy at all anymore.
#25ImGanondorfLolPosted 12/5/2012 12:29:04 AM
jedinat posted...
I guess my criticism could apply to the fighting game genre in general, which I don't enjoy at all anymore.

Well then, there you go.
#26dezmomoPosted 12/6/2012 1:12:08 AM
jedinat posted...
I actually didn't say it should be completely different. He just took exception to me essentially saying I don't understand why people still enjoy playing the same game. I said the formula couldn't (i.e. wasn't worth) support two sequels, lol.

So what game genres do you like?
What games with sequels do you enjoy?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#27fuzi11Posted 12/6/2012 1:25:38 AM
jedinat posted...

Smash Bros for console Nintendo equals Pokemon for Handheld Nintendo equals Halo for Microsoft

Smash Bros is a system seller
#28johnbrown91Posted 12/6/2012 1:32:22 AM
F*** smash bros, bring back Killer Instinct.
Microsoft doesn't have the license anymore...
---
PSN id: Jay_B33zy91
Killzone2, inFAMOUS, LittleBigPlanet, MW2
#29mjc0961Posted 12/6/2012 1:54:22 AM
MANTI5 posted...
LOL, it's got a HUGE following and is present at all the major fighting game tournaments.

No it doesn't, because people are fighting games are busy playing fighting games, not party games.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey