Classic Nintendo titles on Nintendo eshop

#1kolobok87Posted 12/5/2012 12:36:22 AM
I'm trying to find Super Mario Legend of the Seven Stars and some other nintendo classics on the eshop, but I can't. Does anyone know if/how to buy them off of the eshop or if they're even available? First time nintendo console purchase since the N64 and I'm not exactly sure how to get it to works, I was just hoping their eshop would be as well-stocked as the playstation store. Any help would be appreciated!
#2ssbmrocksPosted 12/5/2012 12:38:17 AM
It's actually not on the eshop but on the Wii Shop Channel. To get there, you have to go into Wii mode (Wiimote required) and access the Shop Channel from the Wii menu. There you'll have access to all of the NES,SNES,N64, WiiWare, and other stuff. (You'll need a classic controller to play SNES and N64 games though).

Hope this helps.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#3RahzarXPosted 12/5/2012 12:38:35 AM
Use the Wii menu, go to Eshop.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#4kolobok87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:45:09 AM
Wait, to clarify I'm using a Wii U-not the older Wii model. Can I still download them? I'd assume so. If I can, does that mean I would need a Wii-mote (from the wii, not the one that came with my Wii U) to buy the game, then some other controller to actually play them after I buy them? Sorry if I sound stupid, but nintendo's layout is confusing.
#5ssbmrocksPosted 12/5/2012 12:48:53 AM
kolobok87 posted...
Wait, to clarify I'm using a Wii U-not the older Wii model. Can I still download them? I'd assume so. If I can, does that mean I would need a Wii-mote (from the wii, not the one that came with my Wii U) to buy the game, then some other controller to actually play them after I buy them? Sorry if I sound stupid, but nintendo's layout is confusing.

Yes, on the Wii U there is an app to launch the regular Wii Menu, and that is where you can access what you're looking for (on the Wii mode's Shop Channel). So yes, you will need a Wii Remote to access that (you should really have a Wii Mote for the Wii U anyway, as several Wii U games have Wiimote support).

And yes, to play SNES/N64/some other games from the Wii Shop Channel, you will need a Classic Controller (which is an addon for the Wii Remote).

Kind of a pain if you never had a Wii and don't already have controllers and such from it. You can probably find Wiimotes and Classic Controllers pretty cheap though (Amazon has a CC for like 15 bucks after shipping).
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#6NarutoPosted 12/5/2012 12:49:28 AM
Yeah, you need a Wiimote for the Virtual Console stuff.
#7kolobok87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:57:41 AM
Okay, i see that menu option now. Maaaaaaan what a drag, I'm going to need three controllers just to play old games? Oh well. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!
#8YojimboohPosted 12/5/2012 2:15:44 AM
and you need a sensor bar too, if you have the basic pack (or don't have a Wii)
---
I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. - John Constantine
#9Elements012894Posted 12/5/2012 3:51:47 AM(edited)
kolobok87 posted...
Okay, i see that menu option now. Maaaaaaan what a drag, I'm going to need three controllers just to play old games? Oh well. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

Right now, using Wii mode is the current work around to getting classics. Eventually the WiiU shop will have classics and that should have gamepad support and usage of the WiiU OS during play. Iwata said that would happen at some point.

For now though your stuck turning your System into a previous generation console.

EDIT: I do have a fear about buying it through the Wii channel though. I don't think those games will ever get WiiU OS support, therefore if you bought Mario world on the Wii channel your stuck with playing on the Wii mode forever. However if you waited till it came out on the Eshop then you might get the OS support. Just a thought, I have no confirmation or anything like that.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#10PrinceOfHotPosted 12/5/2012 3:56:57 AM
wait for the universal Wii U/Wii Controllers being released this month, they will do it all!