The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/5/2012 12:22:27 AM
Whether you like shooters or not, these games just have the online down. Their systems are amazingly robust in content and features while all running pretty smoothly. Hell look at Forza and the online capabilities of that game.

Then look at Golden Eye and Mario Kart... I don't know how reviewers even thought these games were acceptable for their online abilities but apparently the excuse was because of the limitations of the Wii.

I don;t know how much I believe that with NSMBU AND Nintendo Land still possessing no online. Is this something Nintendo just can't do? Why is it so hard to make a decent online system with a couple of different modes when you got IPs that rake in hundreds of millions of dollars?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#2ShaunageAUPosted 12/5/2012 12:23:56 AM
Black Ops 2 was a Wii U launch title, online and all.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
#3DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:24:48 AM
Uh... did you even read the topic?
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#4Pyro76Posted 12/5/2012 12:31:00 AM
Does it never occur to you that not EVERY game needs online?
---
Sin & Punishment - Star Successor Record Holder (Stage 7)
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story
#5BuretsuPosted 12/5/2012 12:34:05 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...

Nintendo has online like Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, so Nintendo has online like CoD.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6AstralFrostPosted 12/5/2012 12:40:15 AM
No its not their specialty, which is giving you some cheap gimmick you don't really want instead of a proper console with good games.
#7BuretsuPosted 12/5/2012 12:40:57 AM
AstralFrost posted...
No its not their specialty, which is giving you some cheap gimmick you don't really want instead of a proper console with good games.

Microsoft Kinect.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#8SocranPosted 12/5/2012 12:41:57 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...

Yes, he did, you just wrote it wrong. What you probably meant, but did not say, was that you were referring to first-party titles. For the record, I'm pretty sure Goldeneye wasn't a first party title either. People just assumed you were right about that part and wrong about another, rather than the other way around.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:58:28 AM
No people are just being stupid. I said can NINTENDO deliver online like CoD and people say CoD = Nintendo when CoD is clearly made by ACTIVISION.

Also, did it ever occur to me that not every game needs online? Why is this even being asked? Of course plenty of games don't need online, those games just aren't Nintendo Land or NSMBU. Both those games absolutely need online.

NSMBU is not only an extremely difficult game for many to find local friends to play with, its even harder to find a full party of four and almost next to impossible to find 3 other local players who are all GOOD so that the experience doesn't just devolve into stupidness everytime.

NIntendo Land is even worse because it actually needs tons of people to be fun. I've been playing two player multi with my wife in Nintendo Land and it gets old really really fast.

So yeah, Nintendo doesn't include multiplayer player online for the games that absolutely need them.
---
#10Sakurai_MasaPosted 12/5/2012 5:01:04 AM
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Kart 7

If the 3DS can do it, it's only a matter of time until Wii U does.
---
I am entertainer!