Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#11GencoilPosted 12/5/2012 5:01:38 AM
DesperateMonkey, have you tried Kid Icarus: Uprising? That game has a pretty good online mode with free-for-all and team deathmatches.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#12DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:06:38 AM
No, don't have 3DS. How does it compare to Halo and CoD?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#13manjiPosted 12/5/2012 5:10:04 AM
Nintendo can most certainly deliver. i fail to believe that they dont have the ability or know-how to create a great online game, but that's just not where they have put their resources up until this time. nintendo has a different philosophy for multi-player games so they don't automatically think "online!", they think social, family fun, bringing people together in the same room. the pc has had superior online experience from the very beginning and i dont think it was ever nintendo's idea to simply copy those business models because they have their own thing and usually it has worked out for them for better or worse.

i definitely think they will start introducing quality online experience with the wii u. the nintendo network is fairly new service, and i think it's the beginning of their venture into this area.
#14GencoilPosted 12/5/2012 5:11:51 AM(edited)
DesperateMonkey posted...

Well it's obviously not quite the same production quality but it's very fast paced and fun. There's a huge variety of weapons to play around with. Some focus on sheer firepower but make you slow, other focus on speed but don't do as much damage. If you prefer close combat there's lots of claw-type weapons that are extremely effective in the hands of a skilled player.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#15djrudenPosted 12/5/2012 5:11:49 AM

KI: Uprising and MK7 have simpler and quicker online than CoD.
#16DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:14:53 AM(edited)
@Manji

That is such a poor excuse for having terrible online. LBP is a much better co-op platformer and it still has online. In fact, NSMBU seems like its made for online co-op with the higher and frustrating difficulty of its multiplayer. Mario Kart is the same, quite a joke after all this time to only have so few modes and so poorly fleshed out modes at that. Its offline and online are equally pathetic and 100% dependent on the mascots.

Nintendo Land just requires way too many people for its local multi. If they truly wanted a great local game, they would have at least designed some fun events for only two or three people.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#17ssjmolePosted 12/5/2012 5:15:27 AM
Neither NintendoLand or NSMBU needs online. Nintendo land is like Wii sports. It's designed to show you what you can do in a local space using the game pad. NSMBU is nostalgic look back on mario and capturing the joy of local mario games. It has co-op yes but its co-op is a natural evolution of world's take it in turns approach
---
*Gets on his knees and worships Beth Phoenix*
Wrestling,TV,Movie.games and much more reviewed and discussed here : http://xpound.proboards.com/
#18tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/5/2012 5:19:34 AM
No people are just being stupid. I said can NINTENDO deliver online like CoD and people say CoD = Nintendo when CoD is clearly made by ACTIVISION.

The screw-up was on YOUR end. When you gave Goldeneye as an example (Activision/Eurocom; NOT Nintendo) this implied that you meant any game on the system. Make sure you have your facts straight before you start going around and accusing people of not being able to read.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#19SatragePosted 12/5/2012 5:20:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:20:30 AM
ssjmole posted...
Neither NintendoLand or NSMBU needs online. Nintendo land is like Wii sports. It's designed to show you what you can do in a local space using the game pad. NSMBU is nostalgic look back on mario and capturing the joy of local mario games. It has co-op yes but its co-op is a natural evolution of world's take it in turns approach

LOL @ This.

Sorry a party game does not have to be local at all. This isn't the shallow crap that is Wii Sports, nor is it like Wii Sports where you mostly just need TWO people. Nintendo Land is also a game that requires gamers to appreciate most of the references. Nintendo Land definitely needs online. This is like saying Borderlands doesn't need online because it has split screen or RE5 doesn't need online because it use to be single player.

NSMBU, I don't even know wtf you're talking about. Thats not an evolution of taking turns multiplayer at all... its a direct response to LBP except LBP clearly had bothered to design the game with multiplayer in mind in where cooperation AND competition is fun. In NSMBU, its a mix of meaninglessness and stupidity. Pressing the A button is cheap as hell and often one person can just rush the level and beat it for everyone. Screwing with each other gets really old really fast as there really isn't a point.
---