Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#121Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 1:30:48 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Pathetic excuses if I've ever seen em. I don't NEED schedules at all to play online. I come home later at night and my first thought isn't to invite 3 other people to my house which now I must treat as guests and cater to. I rather play with 3 other people online randomly and have WAY more fun because I am actually more relaxed and have a diverse pool of people to interact with rather than the nubs I would deal with if I force people to come over.

Did Nintendo also tell you that thinking is bad for your brain? Its the only reason I can think of as to why me and LUIGI have to explain everything that should be obvious to you.

Not really, because gaming in itself is something you either make time for or you don't. And again while it's easy to game online you still need to find time to game, you'll still need to also find friends or others that have the game and that you can enjoy being around or talking to and you DEFINITELY need to know their schedules of when they get on and how long they can even play for.

And I am thinking with my brain and my brain tells me that some games just don't work well with online. I've played enough games to know what works and what doesn't. CoD 4 works, Halo 4 works, Borderlands works. Then there are games that either don't work or not well refined, such as the entire Fable series, Party games also don't really work online.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#122libatakoPosted 12/5/2012 1:34:30 PM
SOME GAMES......

but other than that.....online gaming is important. Imagine pokemon without it......we would be stuck with goddamn link cables from back in the day....."oh wait dont pull out the cable the pkmn trade isnt".....................
---
psn/xbl/wii u = libatako
@(> , <)@
#123TheWiseOne06Posted 12/5/2012 1:57:04 PM
It's weird because me and my friends used to play local almost all the the time but now that online is out we play that. Thing is that we have conflicting schedules almost all of time and we rarely play together because we have pretty busy lives. Online doesn't magically make my schedule go away, it just makes it easier to play with people and for all its worth I've come to hate playing with randumbs whether it be CoD, MH3, Castlevania HoD, UMvC3, MK7, Peace Walker, Demons Souls, or any other game I've ever played online.
---
PSN:jmanup85
"Saying all JRPGS need to evolve to be more like FF is like saying we need to evolve to be more like Trilobites." - methosagain
#124Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 1:59:09 PM
TheWiseOne06 posted...
It's weird because me and my friends used to play local almost all the the time but now that online is out we play that. Thing is that we have conflicting schedules almost all of time and we rarely play together because we have pretty busy lives. Online doesn't magically make my schedule go away, it just makes it easier to play with people and for all its worth I've come to hate playing with randumbs whether it be CoD, MH3, Castlevania HoD, UMvC3, MK7, Peace Walker, Demons Souls, or any other game I've ever played online.

So much this
---
#125DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:21:02 PM
@Baha

You are clearly just not right in the head and you clearly have NO idea what online gaming even is. Wtf would I need to schedule friends for ONLINE GAMING? I have tons of fun playing with random people, in fact I have more fun because people I meet online are much more likely to be as interested in games as I am.

You are definitely not thinking with your brain. This is major fail.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#126libatakoPosted 12/5/2012 3:30:08 PM
^wut .? so what if you schedule for gaming? Hell everyone playing mmo's does it
---
psn/xbl/wii u = libatako
@(> , <)@
#127Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 3:30:55 PM
@Baha

You are clearly just not right in the head and you clearly have NO idea what online gaming even is. Wtf would I need to schedule friends for ONLINE GAMING? I have tons of fun playing with random people, in fact I have more fun because people I meet online are much more likely to be as interested in games as I am.

You are definitely not thinking with your brain. This is major fail.

I have every bit of sense of what online gaming is, playing with randoms is just that though, playing with random people. It's nice to do so sometimes and you might make new friends but for the most part it's better to play with people you know or have similar tastes with. Sometimes random people online are total ass *****. I've been a member on Xbox Live since like 2005/2006 I know from experience that not all random people are people I would honestly enjoy playing games with
---
#128DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:37:01 PM(edited)
wtf are you even talking about? You are so ignorant I can't believe it... I don't schedule anyone to play Tera or ABP. Online allows for you to choose rather than be at the whim of OTHER peoples schedules. My friends don't like Wii U? Well **** them there are a million+ more people who do want to play at all hours of the day.

And no you don't know jack about online. Randoms are mostly way better than playing with your small pool of friends. This is especially true of racing games, fighting games, shooting games and so on. The only time I want to play with my friends is when they are all about the same skill level in the game for fighting games or we are playing against other people online together.

You clearly don't play many genres or games period. Local gaming is a joke unless you and your friends are all synced and have a large pool of people to alternate with. Who the hell are you talking about with the ass hats? Your being an ass right now with your inability to appreciate that some people prefer online and thats one more ass hat I've met in here than I have in my last couple weeks playing Halo 4. In fact, I haven't met a single person that did or said a single bad thing to me and if I ever wanted to mute your made up ass hats, I can choose to do so at any time.

Stop BSing about your non-existent online experiences.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#129zender1999Posted 12/5/2012 3:34:22 PM
nintendo can deliver anything the competition can and also do a better job at it, anyway the way i see the future of online is something more similar to dark souls or animal crossing than cod, which i think it is getting tiring, still fun but not the future
#130Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 3:42:29 PM
And no you don't know jack about online. Randoms are mostly way better than playing with your small pool of friends. This is especially true of racing games, fighting games, shooting games and so on. The only time I want to play with my friends is when they are all about the same skill level in the game for fighting games or we are playing against other people online together.

You clearly don't play many genres or games period. Local gaming is a joke unless you and your friends are all synced and have a large pool of people to alternate with. Who the hell are you talking about with the ass hats? Your being an ass right now with your inability to appreciate that some people prefer online and thats one more ass hat I've met in here than I have in my last couple weeks playing Halo 4. In fact, I haven't met a single person that did or said a single bad thing to me and if I ever wanted to mute your made up ass hats, I can choose to do so at any time.

Stop BSing about your non-existent online experiences.

I have freaking 32,925 Game Score and have played PLENTY of Online games to know online. Fact if while you can play wit randoms it's still far nicer to play with the people you know unless you only know a bunch of asses. The fact of the matter is you come off as some raging gamer just because there are people that know that some games don't really benefit too much from online. But hey I get it you think Local is a joke, good for you then go play with randoms because it's clear you have no friends to even play with.
---