Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#131DarkZV2BetaPosted 12/5/2012 3:58:48 PM
They don't want to, for a reason. That kind of online system isn't for everyone. I mean, really, I'd rather play offline than online most of the time in games like that TBH.
It'd be nice if they had more options, though. That seems to be something everyone is failing at.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#132DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:58:59 PM
Yeah, of course, having no video game friends = measure of popularity!

What an argument! I'm not the one trying to shove my opinion down other peoples throats so the only ass is you right now. Your saying that not all games need online, an answer to a question that I have repeatedly said I never posed.

Also, why the hell would I want to play with my friends? I play way more games than them so I have to wait for THEM to be interested in a game before I can play with them? This is getting more pathetic by the moment. Oh please demonstrate to us how amazing of a person you are because you have RL gaming friends that you have sleep overs with!
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#133DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:06:29 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
They don't want to, for a reason. That kind of online system isn't for everyone. I mean, really, I'd rather play offline than online most of the time in games like that TBH.
It'd be nice if they had more options, though. That seems to be something everyone is failing at.

Are you talking about Nintendo Land? I don't see how online stops you guys from playing offline. It doesn't matter which way is better. It matters which way is available. I have a friend studying for his MBA and working, I work on weekends, another friend who use to play with me is tied to his gf and she doesn't want to play so we can only go out and do stuff, then there is the times where I just don't want to host anything.

If I could play online, I would actually have experience the 4-5 player experience already. Hell it would save me a ton of money just on controllers alone.

Its a pretty stupid idea not to have the OPTION to have online.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#134lgiPosted 12/5/2012 4:12:46 PM
Let's see if Nintendo ever releases a Mario Party Online. It makes sense. It can be their way to get into online gaming and show the fans they mean business. Don't give me that local multiplayer crap either. Four or more players can't use the gamepad at the same time. It should be online.
#135lgiPosted 12/5/2012 4:17:22 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Are you talking about Nintendo Land? I don't see how online stops you guys from playing offline. It doesn't matter which way is better. It matters which way is available. I have a friend studying for his MBA and working, I work on weekends, another friend who use to play with me is tied to his gf and she doesn't want to play so we can only go out and do stuff, then there is the times where I just don't want to host anything.

If I could play online, I would actually have experience the 4-5 player experience already. Hell it would save me a ton of money just on controllers alone.

Its a pretty stupid idea not to have the OPTION to have online.

Agreed. Also, the times that my friends and I get together for gaming, we mostly play fighting games and whatnot. Quick, easy fast games. No more guitar hero, lol, those days are over. Too much work. It's great when people can just bring their own controllers and be ready.

But yeah, as an adult, is harder and harder to do local gaming. Even then, the sessions don't last that long really, just a few hours. If i were to say to them "Let's get online at 9:00 and play some Gears", most of them will be there for sure. No one is going to travel in the city for hours on the train just to play some Nintendo Land really.
#136DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:23:05 PM
Yeah thats another really big issue with local co-op. The expectation is that since people put in so much effort to come and play, you HAVE to have fun and for a long enough time. Its not relaxing at all. Everyone invested time just to arrive.

The idea that if someone is your friend, they would want to play party games with you is an idiotic concoction of the minds of underaged Nintendo fanboys like Baha and the rest of these apologists.
---
#137Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 4:26:49 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Yeah thats another really big issue with local co-op. The expectation is that since people put in so much effort to come and play, you HAVE to have fun and for a long enough time. Its not relaxing at all. Everyone invested time just to arrive.

The idea that if someone is your friend, they would want to play party games with you is an idiotic concoction of the minds of underaged Nintendo fanboys like Baha and the rest of these apologists.

Oh yes I'm the one who has the under aged mind huh? And oh no investing TIME to come over and have fun, chill out, maybe have a small party. Pfff f that I'd rather sit in a room alone playing with randoms.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#138LUlGIPosted 12/5/2012 4:28:23 PM
We get it, you don't care about online. That's you.

You can easily implement both into the game. Hell, online would work good with Wii U for the sole purpose of letting everyone use a gamepad if they choose.
#139DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:29:12 PM
Yes your constant insecurity about playing alone pretty much demonstrates your age. For a married working man with a child, it is much more relaxing to play online.
---
#140Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 4:32:27 PM
LUlGI posted...
We get it, you don't care about online. That's you.

You can easily implement both into the game. Hell, online would work good with Wii U for the sole purpose of letting everyone use a gamepad if they choose.

Who says I don't care about online now? I like online, but the fact of the matter is some games in their design alone don't do a good job with online and if they add both it's not always going to be on the level of having a multitude of game modes like CoD 4 or Halo 4 has. Most will either have a Co-Op mode or a smaller number of game modes and that's it. Also to say there are big issues and that local gaming is a joke is a really stupid thing to say because let's face it, not everyone is going to buy the same games you own. For those that won't do that but still enjoy playing said game or having company over it's not some inconvenience as TC is making it out to be.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail