Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#141DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:42:11 PM
Baha is useless. He will never get it.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#142lgiPosted 12/5/2012 3:45:16 PM
I don't see how NSMBU and Nintendo Land can NOT benefit from an online option. I mean, really. I don't get the argument against the idea. "NO! DON'T YOU DARE ADD IT, IT'S NOT NEEDED!"

Just imagine that it did. You can be playing NSMBU right now with new people, instead of the same group of friends. It can present a new challenge every time.
#143DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:46:29 PM
Baha's argument is that it would cost Nintendo money which makes him hurt.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#144Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 3:47:08 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Yes your constant insecurity about playing alone pretty much demonstrates your age. For a married working man with a child, it is much more relaxing to play online.

Except I don't play alone with the exception to games with a single player mode. See I play online with other people and I'll go to a friends house to hang out, watch TV, and play games. But I do know that not all games need an online mode and the ones that can use an online mode will be either good or bad or ok. I have a realistic idea of what works for online games and what doesn't. That doesn't make me not get it, I get it perfectly.

People like online, ok that's fine. People want some games to feature some online modes, I get that. I don't agree that local multiplayer is a joke.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#145lgiPosted 12/5/2012 3:51:26 PM
Also to say there are big issues and that local gaming is a joke is a really stupid thing to say because let's face it, not everyone is going to buy the same games you own.

It's like this. Say I want to get a few rounds going. If i wanted to play online tonight, I can either text my friends, or just meet them online.

But say one of them had a Wii U, and I wanted to try out NSMBU. First of it, it'll have to be on a day that I'm free from work. The owner of the Wii U has to be free also. I also need to get three other friends that are not doing anything else that day so we can get the full multiplayer experience. Either my friend will have to have all the accessories, or we'll have to bring along our Wiimotes or whatever. After a week of planning and coordinating, here we are, playing the game. Do you think we're gonna play for more than two hours? No. We'll must likely drink, smoke, and do other things instead, because it becomes harder and harder for us to get together for moments like that. That's why I like online gaming. It makes it much much easier for me to play games with my friends. Plus there are options. Racing games, fighting, shooters, not just the same nintendo themed games.
#146Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 3:57:11 PM(edited)
lgi posted...
I don't see how NSMBU and Nintendo Land can NOT benefit from an online option. I mean, really. I don't get the argument against the idea. "NO! DON'T YOU DARE ADD IT, IT'S NOT NEEDED!"

Just imagine that it did. You can be playing NSMBU right now with new people, instead of the same group of friends. It can present a new challenge every time.

Honestly it's not the matter of that they can benefit from it, it's the matter of what would they do with the online modes. I can see maybe a few things that NSMB U could do but if we are going by TC's post those things won't be as robust as say all the game modes CoD4 has. I mean there are so many game modes for that game, I can only think of maybe a few that NSMB U could do. With something like Nintendo Land party games just don't seem like it's something online would do anything special with outside making it easier to play with people online. Wouldn't be anywhere close to the modes Halo 4 has.

Which goes back to my point that all games with Online modes aren't going to be the same so to have some unrealistic standard that they should have loads of game modes is kinda silly.

Edit: And see I get that some people don't have the time and sometimes it might be a hassle for some people, but again pointing back to what the TC is saying that he seems to be expecting all games with or that have to potential to have online game modes to have the sames or more modes as CoD or Halo which is unrealistic to say the least. I mean at Black Friday I managed to snag a copy of Borderlands 2, the game is fun in all three modes, online, offline, and local. But the thing is it's fine as it is because even though it lacks in modes (You really only have Co-op and you have PvP Duels and that's really it) trying to put in say a death match or something just doesn't work with the game. Which is the point I'm trying to make.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#147ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/5/2012 3:58:08 PM
I say this:

1. Yes, I don't understand why NL didn't have Online, but NSMBU's online would get annoying really fast.

2. MK7 had a GREAT online system. If MKWU or SSBU could improve on that and reduce lag, I would go to the store right now and buy a Wii U.

3. I'd like to see a AAA FPS, Nintendo style. I do believe Iwata expressed interest in a project like this.

4. Calm down, everyone.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#148DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:00:02 PM
CoD has those modes because they spent time and money to develop them and make sure they work, things like the epic Zombie Mode (really great in Black Ops 2).

NSMBU could easily have a ton of modes. First of all, battle mode is way better than the local multi. Couple of people wifi connected to coin battle over DS was a ton of fun.

Second of all, with online there could be a lot that is done. Just brain storming you could have basic features having one person as Mario and the other three take possession of various enemies in the map trying to kill him.

Or you could have a mode where two people are trying to kill him while one is trying to help by throwing power ups or creating temporary platforms. That could be hilariously funny and exciting.

Hows about a mode where everyone is trying to climb up and whoever is at the top dictates how far the screen rises and tries to kill everyone else by climbing faster and screwing with each other?

Nintendo could have done a crapload of fun things, they are just too lazy because Nintendrones are fine getting any game that has Mario in it.
---
#149jungfreudPosted 12/5/2012 4:02:59 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...

Nintendo could have done a crapload of fun things, they are just too lazy because Nintendrones are fine getting any game that has Mario in it.

Should have just put that ignorant nonsense in your first post instead of pretending you were asking a question. Could have saved us eight pages of replies.
#150lgiPosted 12/5/2012 4:05:19 PM
So the question is, can they deliver a game with as much online content as other titles? Sure they can. They can release an online Mario Party like I said, and be rich with content. But would they is the question. Who knows. Are the fans demanding it? Even if they are, Reggie would probably say people are asking for too much this days, lol. But let's see.