Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#161DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:47:00 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
COD....amazingly robust

What COD games are you playing?

The one that everyone who bashes it pretends to play. Please tell me of ONE shooter that is more robust.

Halo 4 is probably its closer competitor with spec ops weekly and challenges + forge mode.

Who else? If you gonna pretend to know what your talking about you should back it up.

Are we talking strictly first person shooters? And COD was a robust FPS once. Then they stopped expanding on it and that robust feeling became very meh very fast.

Stop beating around the bush and name something. Right now it feels like you have no idea wtf your talking about so you make vague references and hope someone comes in here agreeing with you because its popular to say stupid things on this board.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#162Bondo_6464Posted 12/5/2012 5:51:32 PM
Pyro76 posted...
Does it never occur to you that not EVERY game needs online?

Did it ever occur to YOU that SOME games need online?

I stopped playing Nintendo because of the lack of online, and don't even say friend codes.
---
Crom...
#163Wiiplayer111Posted 12/5/2012 5:54:13 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
COD....amazingly robust

What COD games are you playing?

The one that everyone who bashes it pretends to play. Please tell me of ONE shooter that is more robust.

Halo 4 is probably its closer competitor with spec ops weekly and challenges + forge mode.

Who else? If you gonna pretend to know what your talking about you should back it up.

Are we talking strictly first person shooters? And COD was a robust FPS once. Then they stopped expanding on it and that robust feeling became very meh very fast.

Stop beating around the bush and name something. Right now it feels like you have no idea wtf your talking about so you make vague references and hope someone comes in here agreeing with you because its popular to say stupid things on this board.

Ok I don't know how clear I can be. You gave two examples and they are both FPS, I was wondering if your robust online experiences are strictly FPS based.

And sure, COD was good. And it lost its "robust experience" when they released the same "robust experience" over and over.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#164ajko000Posted 12/5/2012 5:56:38 PM
Um...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The online for the consoles is the worst I've ever seen.

Both the Halo and CoD franchises have fallen short this gen, and I despise them for it now.

If Nintendo let's us set up our own servers however, that'd be so delicious! They should make a dedicated server tool for us, like Valve did.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#165w00dm4nPosted 12/5/2012 6:02:56 PM
CoD was.pretty good.on Wii and I jumped into matched quick. Mario kart ds had great online as well. Smash bros brawl and metroid prime hunters also had great multiplayer. Its all been there for years and with the DS its been then there for free since they updated the old ugly brick DS.
#166mjc0961Posted 12/5/2012 6:04:13 PM
ShaunageAU posted...
Black Ops 2 was a Wii U launch title, online and all.

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#167mjc0961Posted 12/5/2012 6:08:59 PM(edited)
No people are just being stupid. I said can NINTENDO deliver online like CoD and people say CoD = Nintendo when CoD is clearly made by ACTIVISION.

Yes, you said CAN. It is proven that they indeed can because CoD is on their system and is just as functional as the other console's versions. Thus, Nintendo CAN deliver online like CoD. This is what people were trying to say, not "CoD = Nintendo".

The real question is WILL they provide it in their own games, not CAN they provide it, because the answer to CAN is a resounding yes. Learn to use words properly next time you make a thread.

tizzywilkillyou posted...
No people are just being stupid. I said can NINTENDO deliver online like CoD and people say CoD = Nintendo when CoD is clearly made by ACTIVISION.

The screw-up was on YOUR end. When you gave Goldeneye as an example (Activision/Eurocom; NOT Nintendo) this implied that you meant any game on the system. Make sure you have your facts straight before you start going around and accusing people of not being able to read.

Also, this.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#168LUlGIPosted 12/5/2012 6:09:29 PM
It is proven that they indeed can because CoD is on their system and is just as functional as the other console's versions. Thus, Nintendo CAN deliver online like CoD.

dot dot dot
#169wisemiddsPosted 12/5/2012 6:10:15 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
I say this:

1. Yes, I don't understand why NL didn't have Online, but NSMBU's online would get annoying really fast.

2. MK7 had a GREAT online system. If MKWU or SSBU could improve on that and reduce lag, I would go to the store right now and buy a Wii U.

3. I'd like to see a AAA FPS, Nintendo style. I do believe Iwata expressed interest in a project like this.

4. Calm down, everyone.

MK7 had a border line/ok online with repeated 'Errors' far from great
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#170sonic777Posted 12/5/2012 7:09:23 PM
Current Topic: "Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?"

Is TC being serious?

Of course they can't!